CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 19, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #5,281 of 31,833
KSC75 is unreal for the price, its probably on par with those cheap over ear chinese headphones. The only downside is that there is close to or no isolation xD
Isolation is the TOQUE:wink:
That will certainly sound better than this haha:
CCBTQSBR_l_1.jpg

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #5,282 of 31,833
Has anybody tried these? They are the TIMMKOO ES670 which are the Estron ES670. Estron is the company that makes the beloved "EMI CI880". Right now on Amazon they are $23.99 (with FREE shipping) AFTER 20% extra savings coupon applied at checkout. Make sure to check the orange "coupon box" before purchasing. They are $28.99 without the coupon. Available in 3 colors, black, grey, and silver. https://www.amazon.com/TIMMKOO-Earbuds-Earphone-Driver-Headphones/dp/B071G5TSDC

61Q0LuWhkoL._SX522_.jpg
61IV-dL7-wL._SX522_.jpg
61k-NiikaoL._SX522_.jpg
61Yi0chM4HL._SX522_.jpg
61KWcLyZToL._SX522_.jpg

Dec 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #5,284 of 31,833
Has anybody tried these? They are the TIMMKOO ES670 which are the Estron ES670. Estron is the company that makes the beloved "EMI CI880". Right now on Amazon they are $23.99 (with FREE shipping) AFTER 20% extra savings coupon applied at checkout. Make sure to check the orange "coupon box" before purchasing. They are $28.99 without the coupon. Available in 3 colors, black, grey, and silver. https://www.amazon.com/TIMMKOO-Earbuds-Earphone-Driver-Headphones/dp/B071G5TSDC

61Q0LuWhkoL._SX522_.jpg
61IV-dL7-wL._SX522_.jpg
61k-NiikaoL._SX522_.jpg
61Yi0chM4HL._SX522_.jpg
61KWcLyZToL._SX522_.jpg

Hmmm, regardless of how they sound, those look a little too OOC to me. Lots of excess weight from unnecessary design characteristics. I’d also be concerned that they aren’t very comfortable where they exit the ear as well.

I can’t really tell from the photos - is the cable removable or not?

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #5,285 of 31,833
Yes, and I find the Portapros ($39 at London Drugs on sale) lack ooomph in comparison.
Just wondering, whats you portable gear Otto?

Portapro are quite praise about there bass performance, but its not a big thick bass, still, incredibly well presented and quite extended for the price and for an open design like this its very impressive. Need some little amping to shine IMO, out of my Xduoo X3 it wasnt as impressive than Ibasso DX90(perfect warm+bright-detailed pairing), but once I plug it to a portable amp it became a whole other experience, when listening to Dummy from Portishead it sound just soooooooooo goooooooooood! Must admit its my go to headphone for portable use, so small too. Anyway,the oooomph thing make me even more intrigued by KSC75. They should eat less of my hairs too, Portapro can be tricky about that.

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #5,286 of 31,833
Whats in your ears or on-around your ears RIGHT NOW pals???

Me, again, its the PMV A01 MK2 that I use with an AK4490 DAC-AMP....that make them sound just OUT OF THIS FOCKING WORLD! Like....soundstage is so wide with the AK4490, bass is now orgasmic, thick, punchy, details are 3D poping around my head....its just so intense. Listen to electronic What music, AGF and Ametsub. Really, I even get back reading reviews cause I was like....did anybody reviews tham so they get more recognition? Yep, 3x5stars reviews especially saying of underated and still quite unknow they are. Hum. Wish they make another version with detachable cable and why not a fourth driver!

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #5,287 of 31,833
why the extra driver? My thinking is increasingly if it aint broke....
Too many multi BA hybrids that really lack cohesion compared to a lot of the 1ba/1DD or single DD alone.

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #5,288 of 31,833

61Q0LuWhkoL._SX522_.jpg
61IV-dL7-wL._SX522_.jpg
61k-NiikaoL._SX522_.jpg
61Yi0chM4HL._SX522_.jpg
61KWcLyZToL._SX522_.jpg

Looks like lightsaber hilt.. Interesting

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #5,289 of 31,833
Portapro are quite praise about there bass performance, but its not a big thick bass, still, incredibly well presented and quite extended for the price and for an open design like this its very impressive. Need some little amping to shine IMO, out of my Xduoo X3 it wasnt as impressive than Ibasso DX90(perfect warm+bright-detailed pairing), but once I plug it to a portable amp it became a whole other experience...

Must admit its my go to headphone for portable use, so small too. Anyway,the oooomph thing make me even more intrigued by KSC75.

A resistor can be added to the drivers of the KSC75, PortaPro, etc for improved bass (cleans up some muddies too). 30-75ohms (no more than 75 though) is what works best.

There’s a number of simple an effective mods for those headphones (Kramer mod, quarter mod, resistor mod, etc).

The mods turn great headphones into even better headphones, especially when you consider the price you paid.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #5,290 of 31,833
why the extra driver? My thinking is increasingly if it aint broke....
Too many multi BA hybrids that really lack cohesion compared to a lot of the 1ba/1DD or single DD alone.

Yup. More does not always = better.

And hybrid (regardless of how many BAs) does not always = better vs a dynamic driver.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #5,291 of 31,833
End of story about the DIY 6BA iem from ''shenzhen Tiandirenhe Co.,LTD. Store''.

I loose 25$ (refund 60$) but will keep the crappy iem (should have take with cable....so I will have something to use)....and will not have to struggle with shipping and all...

AND, must of all, this seller admit all his products was defective and will stop selling them. I really think its for the best and im pround about that.

Anyway, all of this is words, and I will not go verify in the futur if he sell it again as I will never go back there.

Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back