I'm looking at the following: -
  • Moni One
  • LZ A4
  • Magosi K3
  • Kinera H3
  • Pinnacle P1
  • Veedix NC50
  • Pioneer CH9T
Also considering something from Trinity - I've been reviewing budget earphones and I want something that I can compare them to from the price bracket above. Not in any immediate rush though.
Have you tried the veedix and pioneer ch9t yet? I could find only one person in head fi who owns a veedix

Sep 17, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #3,633 of 31,845
My MS16 died on me yesterday. I only used them for like an hour on a laptop. Balled them up in a case for a few hours, and when I took them out, the left side was dead. I wonder if I should get another pair... I know they're really cheap, but I don't want to end up with another broken pair. And I already have VE Monks Plus and SPC as earbuds.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3,634 of 31,845
IMG_20170917_015242.jpg
Hey all, I've been using the PMV A-01 MkII for about a week now, coming from the KZ ZSTs.

I'd like to first say I'm not very experienced with audio, so take it for what you will.

First off there are a few changes made to the product compared to the previous version which I don't think anyone else has mentioned, which I think is important for anyone interested in buying it just as a heads up if you see pictures of the older version so you know what you will and won't be getting with this new version.

The bottom half of the cable leading to the 3.5mm jack has now changed to a bare cable without the cloth sleeving, which is a bit disappointing for me, as I do love myself a good braided cloth cable.

The 3.5mm plug itself is now an L shaped plug which is a lot smaller and compact than the previous straight plug. Thumbs up for that!

Next is the housing. The CNC backplate is now sold in black, which makes it look very discreet and does not grab attention, if that's your thing. I personally don't mind. The other half the housing remains the same but maybe just a little less transparent, when I compare it to photos of the previous version. This again, I personally don't mind at all.

I find these to be very tip sensitive, if using a wide bore tip they can actually get quite dry and sibilant. Using the stock large single flange tips I was able to get a nice, slightly warm tonal balance, while still getting all the detail in the highs. The double flange tips were hard to get a seal with. YMMV.

(All my impressions will be based on using it with my phone and the stock single flange large tips.)

Now for the sound.

-Bass:

Bass on these are nice and controlled, with decent quantity. Impact is strong and quick, making it feel quite lively. Overall bass is slightly elevated but not bloated and quite precise without leaking into the mids.

Again, getting a good seal is important to bring out all the bass, as you might not get a good seal with your first try.

Not bass monsters by any means, but it's definitely enough for most genres.

-Mids:

Mids are gorgeous. You wouldn't think something that looks so discreet to have such luscious mids. The slightly warm tonality gives it a natural, soulful sound, without being muddy or boring.

Vocals sound clear, crisp and slightly forward, but it doesn't overshadow other parts of the music, allowing things like electric guitars to come to the fore front when called upon.

Female vocals are really great, it can sound seductive, or light and floaty depending on the singer, as if she's singing right in front of you. Male vocals on the other hand have a nice body and weight to it, sounding very real and natural, as do acoustic guitars, which also sound natural, as well as crisp and smooth. Strings sound grand and have a real presence to it. These are mids that just resonate through your soul, and comfort you like grandma's home cooking. Without a doubt the best part about these phones.

Yet again, use the right tips, or they might sound a little too forward and end up being slightly fatiguing.

-Highs:

Not that much to say about the highs. The two BAs are definitely helping when the highs get busy, as they never sound congested and remain detailed. Cymbals and snare drums sound crisp and well reproduced without sounding sibilant or painful, but he sibilance that does occur is present in 'S' noises, especially with female vocals. YET AGAIN, this was because I was using the wrong set of tips, almost calling them dissapointing. It really is a massive difference with a wide bore and narrow bore as the sibilance was mostly eliminated using the narrow bore but when using the wide bore tips the highs and mids both sounded dry.

-Build:

Build is kinda meh, the CNC backplate is pretty neat but mine did come with a small scratch on one side. Cable does not tangle or hold any memory and is flexible and soft without feeling fragile. It has pretty good strain relieves too. I'm a clumsy ****, so I do hope I don't yank these into two one day. Maybe that'll be the day for a removable cable mod, who knows(wish they already did have a removable cable though). Overall they feel solid, enough.

Here are all the accessories included:

IMG_20170917_013623.jpg

And a sturdy hard case:

IMG_20170917_195447.jpg

-Ergonomics and comfort:

Fit is great regardless of tip, they don't fall out or move around much, but getting a good seal does require a bit of tip rolling though. Once in the ear they don't feel heavy and the rounded housing creates no pressure point, comfort is a thumbs up. You could wear them for as long as you want, which is great, since you do want to enjoy the sound these things produce.

-Isolation:

Well, average, I guess. Though, with the volume turned up you'd still get run over if you're not paying attention. They don't leak sound though, provided a reasonable volume. So you can use these in a quite environment.

-Soundstage and imaging:

The soundstage isn't very wide, but there's a decent sense of width and depth when called upon. Imaging is much better, positional audio is very accurate and you can hear just as much detail wherever it is coming from. The experience is immersive, vocals sound intimate, but music doesn't sound like it's being played from a box inside your brain either.

-Other remarks:

Well they are really sensitive, and can go up to very high volumes of a weak source, but floor noise is pretty bad though, especially if your source is also pretty sensitive you will hear quite a bit of noise in the background. Recommend using a DAP or whatever other standalone music player for it.

I think these are great for the price, and would recommend this to anyone that are looking for great vocals and separation.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #3,635 of 31,845
So he's gonna buy both and let us know if they sound the same or not? Sweet!

Thanks Fahim!
I was really excited about the $100 lot of used iems. He doesn't ship internationally :frowning2:
ever heard of veedix nc50? Looks good based on a review here at head fi. He says it has a well balanced signature with a good kick in the low end. My luck couldn't be worse. It's out of stock in aliexpress. One guy is selling it at aliexpress for $100 even though it retails for $57

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #3,636 of 31,845
Incoming poison
https://penonaudio.com/BGVP-DM5

• Model :BGVP DM5
  • Driver: 2 Balanced Armature + 2 Graphene Composite Dynamic Driver
  • Sensitivity: 120Db/mW
  • Impendence: 32ohm
  • Wire: single share 12 core 0.05mm * 8 shares, a total of 96
  • Wire-based material: 5N OCC silver-plated handmade

I'd love to know how this compares to the K3 Pro.

Sep 17, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #3,637 of 31,845
Hey @HungryPanda I read a review that is from when Pioneer released the SE-CH9T and SE-CH5T that the only difference was the case material and that when he AB'd them he could not hear a difference, they sounded identical when it was a blind test. When he knew to which one he was listening, he thought that the metal body gave the SE-CH9T a touch more low bass. Given the cost differential maybe the CH5T is good choice?
Was beginning eying these too and fall lot of time on the ch5t...now this is more my price range! Any link to impressions ya talk about??

Sep 17, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,638 of 31,845
Was beginning eying these too and fall lot of time on the ch5t...now this is more my price range! Any link to impressions ya talk about??

It was a couple months back at least and mow I can't find the exact one. I should have bookmarked it! The author did question whether the additional cost was worth it for MOST people. But are members here most people? I really would like a local opinion on the 2 of them.

confused.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #3,639 of 31,845
Sep 17, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #3,640 of 31,845
This is not the one that I saw months ago but it is similar http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/audio/excellent-sound-quality-when-used-with-mobile-music-device

Verdict: Both earphones are great budget choices for the casual everyday music lover. The cheaper SE-CH5T pushes out sound quality that is above its price point, while those who want slightly more detail, clarity and shimmering peaks should opt for the SE-CH9T.

Very helpful! Thanks

This struck me as particularly telling:

"Those getting the SE-CH9T can expect greater clarity, detail and better treble performance. But the differences are subtle, so those who readily identify themselves as being content with generally good sound quality should just opt for the cheaper one."

Translation - CH9T is just barely better, so save yourself the cash and get the cheaper one for 1/3 of the price.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #3,641 of 31,845
Very helpful! Thanks

This struck me as particularly telling:

"Those getting the SE-CH9T can expect greater clarity, detail and better treble performance. But the differences are subtle, so those who readily identify themselves as being content with generally good sound quality should just opt for the cheaper one."

Translation - CH9T is just barely better, so save yourself the cash and get the cheaper one for 1/3 of the price.
Or wait for amazon $59 lol

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #3,642 of 31,845
Just a reminder gents - this thread is specifically about Chinese earphones under $100 (I didn't set the guidelines for it - so don't shoot the messenger :wink: ). Just had a flag about the Pioneer discussion. Lets keep it on track.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #3,643 of 31,845
I'll have a review of the TinAudio T2 up in a while. Got that along with a bunch of other hybrids recently; MacaW GT600s, BGVP DM5, and the HiLisening HLS-S8. The GT600s (my new 100 USD benchmark iem) and T2 are the standouts of the group. The T2 is beautifully built and reminds me of an upgraded EMI-CI880. It's treble is less bright and more controlled, but no less detailed. It's bass extends a little deeper. Mid-range is thicker and more weighty. Sound stage is wider too. Pretty well-balanced for a hybrid in this price range. They could easily get away with charging more than the 50 or bucks they go for. I'd take it over the DM5 and Audbos/Magaosi DB-02 without hesitation. Will try to post some pics later. Don't really have a working computer right now as the brand new replacement I just bought crapped out after getting stuck in a Window 10 update loop :angry:.
@B9Scrambler will be interesting to hear how all of these progress for you. I'm after something for daily travel and wonder how much sound loss there might be with the T2. I was originally considering the DM5 but hear the vents can loose too much. Also wondering how easily all of them are driven - likely to use through mobile a significant part of the time.

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #3,644 of 31,845
200.gif

ISK HF-2010 IZ THA BOMB!!!!!
200w.gif

An Open headphone of great build and look and more importantly SOUND EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!!!!

Yep...it's an IEM thread I know, but anything chinese REAL Gem, please share here too. Like really a REAL GEM!!!!!!!!!! It make 2 years I read about them here, so my attempt was enormous (still taking the little price in account)

These beat all Superlux I own (HD681, 668B, EVO & 660), period. Another league, period.

Oh, I write a marathon 5 minutes review. Just for the sake of these incredible headphone.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/is...ring-street-home-a-v-headphones.22191/reviews

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #3,645 of 31,845
Funny in a way as I have the EMX500 and the graphene and am waiting on a vido to arrive. Seems like the EMX500 is getting a lot of love but there is something about the graphene that I prefer
Hum.....hum yummy. I adore so much the EMX500 that a sentence like this it's more than promising. Whats the biggest difference about the two? Is it clarity? Did the graphene have any harshness to them or feel bright like 1 on 2 earbuds I try? And if you was poor like lot of budget heafier, will you consider these a better buy in long term than the 500?

Sorry...lot of question but hey, you give a steroid shoot to Graphene promise with this little preference you have:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back