CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 16, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #3,618 of 31,867
Funny in a way as I have the EMX500 and the graphene and am waiting on a vido to arrive. Seems like the EMX500 is getting a lot of love but there is something about the graphene that I prefer

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #3,619 of 31,867
Yay, another nod to the ATE-S! I think it's the best out of all of the ATz series (although I admit I've only heard 2 of the 5 revisions of the ATE model [ATE not ATE-S]).

I agree with you on the ED9 too - it's a real gem, and an absolute no-brainer for $9.

BTW, this is the 1st time I've ever even seen that thread...

My initial impressions of the ATE S were not that great which were mostly due to bad EQ configurations and bad song choices, but after getting the perfect EQ and with a more diverse selection of sounds the ATE S really grew on me. I think I'll be using them very often.

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #3,620 of 31,867
Man, please don't be 'that guy'. It's WalMart's responsibility since you got it there - why not just return it to WalMart? They pride themselves on having a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy.

I've returned stuff there (bought there), with no box or receipt, and well out of warranty. And they've taken care of it and made it right. If they don't have the same item anymore for an exchange, they issue a store credit for the full amount.

I don't want to get off-topic - hopefully you get it all squared away.

Yeah... I guess really it's just a different means to the same end then. My roommate accidentally threw the box out(it's pretty new) and I didn't think they'd take it back with no receipt OR box.

Thanks for the tip.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #3,622 of 31,867
Incoming poison
https://penonaudio.com/BGVP-DM5

• Model :BGVP DM5
  • Driver: 2 Balanced Armature + 2 Graphene Composite Dynamic Driver
  • Sensitivity: 120Db/mW
  • Impendence: 32ohm
  • Wire: single share 12 core 0.05mm * 8 shares, a total of 96
  • Wire-based material: 5N OCC silver-plated handmade

Are those vents? Sexy. And two cables too? I already want it.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #3,626 of 31,867
Do all yourselves a favour and getthe svara red, comeswith a great cable that is replaceable and sound great for a lot less

I've lurking on headfi for a long time now searching for hidden gems but Never posted before,
Had bought vsd3s,jvc fxh30,**** 4 in 1 based on good impresssions.
@HungryPanda,Hey you have got me quite interested in those svara iems.I've seen that you have got the Fiio F5 with you,
I've bought one recently and quite like it, Is the svara a sidegrade or an upgrade?.Besides its edges look painful!are they comfortable? Can you provide a comparison between them. Thanks

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #3,627 of 31,867
Remember when hybrid earphones were expensive as balls? And dual dynamics were considered a marvel of value for being available for less than $50? Now you can get both for 10 bucks, or less. But is it usually just a marketing ploy?

So may interesting earphones! KC09, GT600s, Shozy Hibiki, BGVP DM5, etc... Too many options how do I choose or should I just save for the LZ-A4 aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
download.jpg

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #3,628 of 31,867
@Bach to bach the svara red is certainly a good upgrade. They are comfortable as they are straight with an angle that makes them easy to push in

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #3,629 of 31,867
@Bach to bach the svara red is certainly a good upgrade. They are comfortable as they are straight with an angle that makes them easy to push in

Hey thanks, are they better than these in SQ
E-MI C1880, KZ zs5, trinity vyrus and hyperion and Carbo tenore.

I have already seen that you like them equal to the pioneer.
Need to reach a conclusion!!

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #3,630 of 31,867
Remember when hybrid earphones were expensive as balls? And dual dynamics were considered a marvel of value for being available for less than $50? Now you can get both for 10 bucks, or less. But is it usually just a marketing ploy?

So may interesting earphones! KC09, GT600s, Shozy Hibiki, BGVP DM5, etc... Too many options how do I choose or should I just save for the LZ-A4 aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

That's the beauty of economic competition and technology trickle-down at work.

There was a time when a cell phone was a 2 months a college fresh grad's monthly salary too.

Its how things are when exclusive things moves in the direction of commodities.

Very capable earphones with performance probably matching those in the US$250/- range of maybe just 4~5 years ago can now be had for less than 1/10 of the price.

I would say if you already have a few earphones at hand, then hold out for something that has the supposed signature you're looking for. There really is no end to the 'quest'. Audio nirvana is a neverending search of perfection, there is no end game in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back