CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 11, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #3,528 of 31,845
It's a bass-less iem

Thank you both for your quick responses.

@Vidal
Yes, i guess i always have this possibility in the back of my head. This is what makes me skeptical.

By the way my 2 DD+1 BA pair are the UiiSii T8s. Don't know exactly how they perform compared to the competition. Not that many of reviews.

So would you advise staying with the ones i own instead of going for a budget 2BA+1DD implementation? Is there a 2BA+1DD model that you would recommend in general, regardless of price?

@snip3r77
Could you elaborate a bit? Are they that bad?
a

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #3,529 of 31,845
Hello all,

Could anyone summarize the cheapest options for a 2 BA+1 dynamic driver earphones? I own a 1BA+2 dynamic pair and interested in exploring what i think is a step further in detail quality. So trying to consider my options.

From what i've searched i 've found:
- 1MORE Triple Driver
-Fiio F0
-Kinera H3

All of them around the 99$ price range. Are there any others maybe?

Might there possibly be any even cheaper ones or should 99$ be considered the base price?
Should try checking out the TFZ Exclusive Kings as well, very detailed pair with bright sound signature.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3,530 of 31,845
off the top of my head

**** DT2+
**** 6in1
Swing EC1

Personally I think the single BA Hybrids like the Bosshifi B3 and E-MI CI880 are better than the triples I've heard - 1More, DT2+ and to a lesser extent the EC1 (which is pretty decent)
+1 This is so true. For example, the SENDIY M1221 has some of the best transparent MIDS I've ever encountered coming from a single BA/dynamic hybrid.

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #3,532 of 31,845
200.gif

MY BRO the postman just knock at the door! IT's the NiceHCK BRO, Bro!
P9110129.JPGP9110130.JPG
200.gif

P9110131.JPG
200.gif

Like, really really Niiiiiiiiiice AND Cheeeeeap! (16-20$)
Compare AB different cable obsessively cause it make a hell of difference for certain IEM, i'm now certain! Best one wasn't my more expensive one but a grey Tennmak for this one, sound phenomenal now, seriously, very airy and balanced with a bass push that can be control with proper tips. Still, right now its Aldous Harding that I listen too, and it was more about mids performance that cable affect, silver plated one emphasize treble too much and make sound too fowards and detailed and not enough airy and too grainy, stock cable is good but present a warm, little grainy, detailed sound with good bass extension (sub low are push foward too) and tichness but less details sparkle than Tennmak cable, with the T cable soundstage expend as well as clarity, mid blossom in clean center of soundspectrum, it help an overall more balanced soundsignature, very very delicious for the little asking price! So, my impressions will be based on the more adequate cable, anyway, they are a real joy. I think they are better value than **** DIY UES and certainly a better one than Xiaomi Pro. Will share more impressions soon!

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #3,533 of 31,845
200.gif

MY BRO the postman just knock at the door! IT's the NiceHCK BRO, Bro!

200.gif

200.gif

Like, really really Niiiiiiiiiice AND Cheeeeeap! (16-20$)
Compare AB different cable obsessively cause it make a hell of difference for certain IEM, i'm now certain! Best one wasn't my more expensive one but a grey Tennmak for this one, sound phenomenal now, seriously, very airy and balanced with a bass push that can be control with proper tips. Still, right now its Aldous Harding that I listen too, and it was more about mids performance that cable affect, silver plated one emphasize treble too much and make sound too fowards and detailed and not enough airy and too grainy, stock cable is good but present a warm, little grainy, detailed sound with good bass extension (sub low are push foward too) and tichness but less details sparkle than Tennmak cable, with the T cable soundstage expend as well as clarity, mid blossom in clean center of soundspectrum, it help an overall more balanced soundsignature, very very delicious for the little asking price! So, my impressions will be based on the more adequate cable, anyway, they are a real joy. I think they are better value than **** DIY UES and certainly a better one than Xiaomi Pro. Will share more impressions soon!

Quite interested on those!

Please share more impressions when you can :D

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #3,535 of 31,845
hello, anyone has the fiio f5 and could give opinions on it?
I have them since about 2 week. And I think there alot of reviews of them here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-f5.22353/reviews
P9110132.JPG

From my point of view.
the plus:
-Excellent construction, housing is made of super solid metal, come with 2 nice cable (include a 2.5balanced one).
-Sound is very good, organic and neutral with low bass bump, feel smooth and wide sounding, good resolution and details retreival but not lot of sparkle in highs.
-Easy to drive.
-Excellent price value (65$).
the not so good:
-lack bass kick impact and thickness
-vocal can feel a little ''nasal'' with some type of voice (beth gibbons for example)
-really sound better with balanced cable.
-source dependent ALOT

Conclusion: An excellent performer for the price, with a mature, audiophile sound that isn't shy of bass but could benifit of some more punch there. Construction is among the best for sub70$ iem, housing can't be broke easily that for sure!

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #3,536 of 31,845
Hi there,
Thanks for your answer. I have already tried this kind of earbuds and the problem is that the tips really do not stay in the ears. Also it does not have an L-shape connector which is a more minor issue as I can still buildproof it with a heat-shrinkable tube. But really I do not what is going on with my ears, do not want to be force to go with over the ear headphones :frowning2: and another model that I bought with hook does not completely resolve the problem...
Hum....what type do youtry exactly? Universal custom housning aren't all the same size and shape, some work well for me as this one and Tennmak Pro and Kinera H3 and the like, some exception are more hard to fit like PMV A01 or KZ ZS5, but, the solution is in eartips ALWAYS. My collections of tips is ridiculously diversify so I always find something, when I'm out of any silicon solution I go for memory foam tips that always work for sure, but something at the cost of a more expended and airy soundstage as well as bass impact (thisis why its my last survival solution!).

Now that I just receive the NICe HCK BRO....I think this is a good hybrid drivers solution. Really impressive for the price....but cable isnt L shaped. Tennmak iem have L shaped cable and good iem choice too, the Piano model can be a good bet I think.

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,537 of 31,845
In the end I received the hybrid version !
I really like them, a lot actually. They have a similar tone to the ex450 with less bass, but a soundstage a bit bigger and especially more détails.
At first, when I received the Zst, I enjoyed them a lot, but now, I find them completely different.
Like, it's a bit hard to explain.
If I listen to the ex450, ex650, urbanfun, einsear t2, uiisii hm7, they all share a common feature : The sound is a bit similar.
For instance, if I take the urbanfun as a model, I can say that to a certain extent, the other iems have a similar "base" sound.
For the Zst, it's completely different !
The sound is so much different from my other iems, it sounds muddy and a bit lifeless.

What, I've just tried them just after writing this and now I find them "normal", as in, totally not like what I just wrote.
I don't understand, I feel like everytime the way I hear/perceive music changes...

So in the end do you think the urbanfun are better or on par with the sony?

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #3,539 of 31,845
Hi, does anyone have Tin Audio T2 and could you give us your impressions?

I have Tin Audio T515 and they are the best earphones, I have ever had. They only need stronger mobile or some sort of amplification.
- Bass goes very deep, sounds neutral and is very detailed. (Can be a little boomy on weak sources.)
- Mids are slightly brighter and extremely detailed. They almost beat my AKG K701.
- Highs are neutral and in balance with mids. Very detailed, no sibilinces. (Can be laid back a little on weak sources.)
- Soundstage is very wide for in-ears, with 3D imaging. Exemplary instruments separation.

These are earphones with WOW efect. There are many others with fuller sound (like Urbanfun HI-FI), but not with such detailed mids and such good soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back