CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 30, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #3,151 of 31,849
yes i like the sound of them but maybe other version is better sound and i dont know
and i see many pic of hybrid ver with silver ring and i think for yours is orginal version
and i think for me is beryllium version

On the new versions the black cable is beryllium version.

Jul 30, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #3,152 of 31,849
On the new versions the black cable is beryllium version.

tnx mr vidal
then for me with gray cable is hybrid version?
this is my pack picture
20170730_235624 (Copy).jpg 20170730_235727 (Copy).jpg 20170730_235553 (Copy).jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #3,154 of 31,849
tnx mr vidal
this is my pack picture

I definitely agree with Vidal - it's ludicrous to come out with 2 very different versions that are so easily confused!

I see yours has the grey cable. The grey cabled version is SUPPOSED to be the hybrid version. But, in the photo you posted of the back of your box, the picture in the upper left corner shows the beryllium single driver?!? I can't read the Chinese writing though, so I don't know what it says next to the drawing of the single driver.

In these photos from urbanfun, you can see that the DD driver in the hybrid has (7) holes in the grille. The beryllium driver has (4) holes (same as the photo of the driver on your box). Very odd indeed!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

IMO, the only way to know for SURE is to pop off the mesh screen in the nozzle. If you have the hybrid, you'll be able to see the BA driver down inside.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #3,155 of 31,849
tnx mr vidal
this is my pack picture

圈铁单体 On the sticker of the last pic means hybrid driver.
The word 圈 or 膜 means dynamic driver
The word 铁 means BA driver
Having two words together means BA+DD.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,156 of 31,849
The word 圈 Means dynamic driver
The word 铁 Means BA driver
Hope this helps.

Wow, very helpful - thanks a bunch!

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #3,157 of 31,849
Hope this helps.

Yes this helps so much! When mine arrives I will check the sticker. I would not want to take the off the screen to find out. I would never get it back together.

Now people just have to decide which one they want. I think someone will get both and compare. I will be happy with whichever mine is.

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #3,158 of 31,849
Still looking forward to a comparison between the **** 6in1 and the zs5 :)

Sorry - this is a month later. I have both, and so far, they are pretty equal. So far, I think the ZS5 has a little better sound stage. The **** can get a bit sibilant, so the tip selection is important. I am using Symbio W on the **** and regular Symbio on the ZS5 right now. For classical music, surprisingly I am preferring the **** slightly so far, as it has a touch better weight in the low end for cellos, bass, brass and percussion. Better attack as well. The **** build quality is better as well. But this is still early.

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #3,159 of 31,849
Sorry - this is a month later. I have both, and so far, they are pretty equal. So far, I think the ZS5 has a little better sound stage. The **** can get a bit sibilant, so the tip selection is important. I am using Symbio W on the **** and regular Symbio on the ZS5 right now. For classical music, surprisingly I am preferring the **** slightly so far, as it has a touch better weight in the low end for cellos, bass, brass and percussion. Better attack as well. The **** build quality is better as well. But this is still early.

Just returned the ZS5- while the sound signature is quite nice (though I also find the bass a little bit shallow), the fit is definitely not for me and it was hurting after 10 minutes. Tried with several tips to no avail...

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #3,160 of 31,849
Hope this helps.

tnx for help
but in google translater say this
圈铁单体 Ring iron monomer
and when i search 圈铁单体 in google first site is https://bbs.pingfenbang.com/thread-9749-1-1.html and its about urbanfun Beryllium
im confused :ksc75smile: about version maybe i shoud get other ver in later

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #3,161 of 31,849
I would not want to take the off the screen to find out. I would never get it back together.

It's easier than you think. The screens are just held on by an adhesive sticker, and you just gently lift it off on 1 edge using a sewing needle and store it on wax paper or something non-stick until you're ready to put it back on (which it just sticks back on). I've removed a million of them.

If you can put on or remove a band-aid, you can do an IEM screen.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #3,162 of 31,849
Jul 31, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #3,163 of 31,849
It's easier than you think. The screens are just held on by an adhesive sticker, and you just gently lift it off on 1 edge using a sewing needle and store it on wax paper or something non-stick until you're ready to put it back on (which it just sticks back on). I've removed a million of them.

If you can put on or remove a band-aid, you can do an IEM screen.

A million? Sounds like you work in a factory somewhere in Asia.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #3,164 of 31,849
Just receive a new earbuds that people rave about here and it's for a very good reason.

DIY MX500 are the real earbud deal right now, and my new favorite (by far if I take price value).

Soundstage is immense and immersive, instruments separation is incredible, high quite extended and detailed but not harsh, warm bass that dig deep and they are easy to drive too!

MUST Have IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back