CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 25, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #2,266 of 31,833
  Someone was recommending them from a seller that was called Miss Shirley or something similar, any feedback on this one?

I liked them enough to purchase two more pairs the next day after receiving the XE800.

......uld not have mattered, as I went and purchased two more for Spares/Mods whatever.....

At the current price point, it does not hurt if they break/faulty whatever...

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #2,271 of 31,833
Get one memt x5

I nearly did, in Silver........then I remembered how I had hated the microphonics from the Brainwavz M2 which I puchased due to sellers/affiliates/associates/manufacturers positive reviews. £45 down the drain just because some people believe it to to true and in turn reiterate.
it is most disconcerting to realize untruths are taken to be reality just because it is often repeated.

If I'm correct these MEMT X5 also have cable microphonics.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,273 of 31,833
  I see these MEMT X5 having big popularity lately but I am still not convinced of taking the risk and then founding out they were just over hyped

If it helps, I think they're good and worth the price, just not the hype. Build is solid and their sound quality is excellent pending you either like a ton of bass or can spend time finding a tip/fit that reduces it. My main faults are the microphonic cable, mid-bass which bleeds over into the mids, and a recessed midrange. I also found them quite thick sounding. Not a quality I personally look for in a micro-driver. They come across a little slow and heavy as a result.

All that said, at the price they're selling they're pretty kick@$$ if you enjoy a powerful sounding, tiny earphone with a fairly prominent v-shaped signature. All of this is just one man's opinion of course.

​

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #2,274 of 31,833
  I see these MEMT X5 having big popularity lately but I am still not convinced of taking the risk and then founding out they were just over hyped

It's the sellers spamming the net in order to falsely promote their products, I found out about the Brainwavz M2 the hard way. They may sound fantastic but with microphonics, the listening experience is totally ruined.

After deciding not to get a MEMT X5, I purchased two pairs of KZ ZS3 from GearBest flash-sale at the cost of £13.03p. If I don't like them, the small cost of purchase doesn't matter, if I do like them then I have a spare pair.
£6.02p for a pair with detachable cables.................I just couldn't resist even if they have issues. I'd pay that price again just for the cables alone.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #2,275 of 31,833
They aren't overhyped at all. All the people who have got them compared them to those in the same price bracket, only to find out that it outperformed those ones (ex: ZST, ZS3, Vivo XE800, ect.). Therefore, I can confirm that these definitely aren't overhyped.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #2,276 of 31,833
  They aren't overhyped at all. All the people who have got them compared them to those in the same price bracket, only to find out that it outperformed those ones (ex: ZST, ZS3, Vivo XE800, ect.). Therefore, I can confirm that these definitely aren't overhyped.

Not all. In their price bracket, I think the VJJB K2S and SOMiC V4 outperform it. V4 pretty handily actually. ZST is nearly as good (maybe better if you prefer the signature), more rich with features, and less costly. The ZS3 is almost as good and can be found for 10 bucks. Only heard the XE800 very briefly, but I was more impressed with it than the X5 (I have the AN16 which is similar). Build on the Z5 is miles better though.

The X5 competes well with the MusicMaker TW1. Similar signature and performance, but I'd still take the TW1 in most cases. Better cable, a more standard nozzle size, smaller, and more comfortable. It's picky with tips and placement too, but not to the extent of the X5. X5 bass has some serious kick to it though and it isolates like no other DD-based earphone I've used. It's definitely good but has been overhyped a bit, just a bit, imo. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #2,277 of 31,833
You have a different taste for the sound signature, which is fine as all opinions are well appreciated. I like a V-shaped signature. Others find recessed mids bad for their music, but I am only listening to EDM. A genre that only focuses on that V-shaped electronic signature. Well, opinions are opinions.

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #2,278 of 31,833
  You have a different taste for the sound signature, which is fine as all opinions are well appreciated. I like a V-shaped signature. Others find recessed mids bad for their music, but I am only listening to EDM. A genre that only focuses on that V-shaped electronic signature. Well, opinions are opinions.

I listen mostly to EDM actually; liquid DnB in particular. The long smooth basslines + quick drumming are too addictive :D What do you listen to?

I said earlier, "they're pretty kick@$$ if you enjoy a powerful sounding, tiny earphone with a fairly prominent v-shaped signature.". Glad to know that's a fitting statement, haha. If you ever get the chance to try EDM with an earphone that has forward mids, such as the Fischer Audio Dubliz Enhanced, it makes for a great experience. Highly recommended!

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #2,279 of 31,833
What would be your recommendation? I currently own some decent LG Quadbeats 3. V-shape and fun sounding. Soundstage is average compared to others in the same price bracket, but it is nice for $20.
(P.S. Do you use different tips than stock ones?)

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #2,280 of 31,833

Not all. In their price bracket, I think the VJJB K2S and SOMiC V4 outperform it. V4 pretty handily actually. ZST is nearly as good (maybe better if you prefer the signature), more rich with features, and less costly. The ZS3 is almost as good and can be found for 10 bucks. Only heard the XE800 very briefly, but I was more impressed with it than the X5 (I have the AN16 which is similar). Build on the Z5 is miles better though.

The X5 competes well with the MusicMaker TW1. Similar signature and performance, but I'd still take the TW1 in most cases. Better cable, a more standard nozzle size, smaller, and more comfortable. It's picky with tips and placement too, but not to the extent of the X5. X5 bass has some serious kick to it though and it isolates like no other DD-based earphone I've used. It's definitely good but has been overhyped a bit, just a bit, imo. 

fwiw, i would also place the zst and xe800 above the x5, which does many things well but is less resolving/natural to my ears. vive le difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back