CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 30, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #2,296 of 31,833
Mar 30, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #2,297 of 31,833
THX for that B9, I've had these in and out of my cart three times and then just decided I did not need these and your review confirmed I did not need these:thumbsup:

If you'd like a really small earphone, that's comfortable to wear while sleeping, the X5 is the best I've found, so far.  
It did take a bit of fiddling around with ear tips, to find the right depth of seal, so they sound right, are comfortable, and stay in while laying in bed...  
etysmile.gif

The Tennmak Pro is flat enough, that it's nearly as comfortable as the X5.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #2,298 of 31,833
No THX, I've got my Trinity Hyperion if I needed sleepers:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #2,303 of 31,833
I would love to know any that is epic sub $25 . I think for me with my limited knowledge the x5 is as good as it gets

Sub 25usd good models? Here they are: KZ ZST, URBANFUN HIFI,TENNMAK PIANO/PRO, KINERA BD005 and a few other models could be added but I can vouch for the ones I have, so all of them excluding Tennmak Pro.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #2,304 of 31,833
Sub 25usd good models? Here they are: KZ ZST, URBANFUN HIFI,TENNMAK PIANO/PRO, KINERA BD005 and a few other models could be added but I can vouch for the ones I have, so all of them excluding Tennmak Pro.

Which you prefer from these hybrids, and are they better than dynamic. I was interested in KZ ZST, BD005, Urbanfun and **** UES

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,305 of 31,833

i also like the einsear t2, tenmakk dulcimer, swing diy ie800 and perhaps the senzer h1 and kz ed9 in the sub-$25 camp. which is not to say the foregoing are objectively "better" than the x5, but rather that they're closer to my personal sound biases.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #2,306 of 31,833
Which you prefer from these hybrids, and are they better than dynamic. I was interested in KZ ZST, BD005, Urbanfun and **** UES

Having both owned the ZST and the **** UES, i like the ZST more, the sound is clearer, highs gets more distinguished than the UES. The UES is def warmer and the sub bass is greater. 

Depends on the type of music you listen to. If you like acoustics and vocals, ZST is good. If you like EDM and general pop music, both would do good but the UES will bring out the bass better

I feel that the ZST sounds like the Magaosi K3 but with less detail and a lesser soundstage. 

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #2,307 of 31,833
Hello fellow headfiers. I really need some confirmation about KZ-ZST which i got few weeks ago. I love the sound overall (soundstage, punchy bass wich heavily relies on source gear btw, details, etc.). BUT now i came across some music that confirms some ppl complaints about boosted treble and harsh highs. 
First of all London Grammar "Wasting My Young Years" in the chorus "Maybe we a-a-a-a-re, we a-a-a-a-re..." i hear some additional sand/dirt like sounds if you get what im saying, its like iems can't handle this particular song and this particular part of the song, i'm not sure if i got defective gear or it just how it is. I really appreciate if some one can spend some time to confirm this.
Also sibiliants. This im sure is just how KZ-ZST handles them. The best track i found for testing this is Bjork's "All Is Full of Love" specificaly video version wich is on 2002 Greatest Hits album. Not many IEMs can handle this song very well. Really would like some confirmation on this also.
Apart from these 2 songs and some other London Grammar tracks i really like this IEM.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #2,308 of 31,833
Oh well, considering "Wasting My Young Years". I tested Monks, TY Hi-Z and QKZ W1 Pro. All of them have same problems with this track, though Monks do much better job and it is almost unnoticeable, QKZ W1 Pro mask it with its much darker sound signature, compared to ZST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back