CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 18, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #2,101 of 31,833
Agree about the Joyroom E103 sounding quiet even at high volume. Probably because the E013 has a low sensitivity, i need to set my Note 3 volume to 80% above to really feel the sound coming out while most IEMs can be driven quite fine by my Note 3 @ 50-60% of volume. They're very comfortably tiny and therefore makes it an excellent IEM to sleep with.

How is the sound of the USAMS ERENO may i ask ? It looks interesting and i should probably look up on it.

Its difficult for me to describe the sound signiture as i have nothing that sounds similar to them & im abit dyslexic so its hard to put it in to words, anyways becuase of the wide nozzle you can try array of tips on them which does change the sound alot but with stock tips i would describe them as having a bright sound sig detailed popping highs, smooth clear mids & shallow bass its there but its very controlled & timed accuratly, changing tips with a wider holes makes the bass rumble & vocals almost airy but stil very clear in tone, i wouldn't call them balanced but i dont know what it is any genre i throw at them they handle it superbly e.g if i listen to some rap songs which are recorded with heavy bass which makes most other iems sound congested & muffled these 'normalize' the sound for me making the vocals clear bringing out the details of the songs & bass much more controlled, shocking how bassy these can get with e.q without distortion, or if i listen to songs which are high on the treble these do a fine job of handling it. You can play around with different tips but no matter what you use the sound quality shines, i dont like comparing iems because there is so many variables & everyone has there own preferred taste
but for what they cost i got to say im extremely impressed plus they lasted me this long only the mic button is broke my fault i stepped on them by accident.

If i listen to the same songs back to back changing iem from ba triple driver double etc.. these stil impress me & i had them long enough to say if they was still about for the price i paid they would be an absolute bargain. They put a smile on my face everytime :)

They are discontinued from aliexpress i got mine in may last year but i found usams website which says they are instock but they are lil bit more expensive then they was on aliexpress & i dont know if its safe to order from there.

http://www.usams.com/product/new-design-ereno-series-earphones-for-mobile-phones-headset.html

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,102 of 31,833
I received the Tennmak dulcimers and Tennmak banjos today and my cello and Tennmak porcelains should be here by the end of next week. I'm blown away at the overall quality of both of these phone's. They've far exceeded my expectations! If you're in the market for a 20-30 dollar earphone, then I'd highly recommend either of these phones.

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #2,103 of 31,833
Its difficult for me to describe the sound signiture as i have nothing that sounds similar to them & im abit dyslexic so its hard to put it in to words, anyways becuase of the wide nozzle you can try array of tips on them which does change the sound alot but with stock tips i would describe them as having a bright sound sig detailed popping highs, smooth clear mids & shallow bass its there but its very controlled & timed accuratly, changing tips with a wider holes makes the bass rumble & vocals almost airy but stil very clear in tone, i wouldn't call them balanced but i dont know what it is any genre i throw at them they handle it superbly e.g if i listen to some rap songs which are recorded with heavy bass which makes most other iems sound congested & muffled these 'normalize' the sound for me making the vocals clear bringing out the details of the songs & bass much more controlled, shocking how bassy these can get with e.q without distortion, or if i listen to songs which are high on the treble these do a fine job of handling it. You can play around with different tips but no matter what you use the sound quality shines, i dont like comparing iems because there is so many variables & everyone has there own preferred taste
but for what they cost i got to say im extremely impressed plus they lasted me this long only the mic button is broke my fault i stepped on them by accident.

If i listen to the same songs back to back changing iem from ba triple driver double etc.. these stil impress me & i had them long enough to say if they was still about for the price i paid they would be an absolute bargain. They put a smile on my face everytime :)

They are discontinued from aliexpress i got mine in may last year but i found usams website which says they are instock but they are lil bit more expensive then they was on aliexpress & i dont know if its safe to order from there.

http://www.usams.com/product/new-design-ereno-series-earphones-for-mobile-phones-headset.html

That sounds like a great piece of Iem for the price. Cheaper but better than Rock Zircon, probably gonna look out for this IEM. The small housing size,that nozzle size, and your sound description, probably it could be something like the UIISII HM7. Hope i can still get one to try out, of course not at the 16$ price range or else it will defeat its purpose lol

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2,104 of 31,833
The joyroom 105's are similar looking to the rock zircons thats what prompted me to try them out months ago, they do have nice lows to them & slightly pronounced highs from what i remember but mine was defect L channel was lower in volume & bass output then the R side so i just put them away, the 103's are small & have a nice sound to them but on certain sources the volume is lower then most earphones one would be used to, but they are, one of my fav for the mids, i sleep with them in as they are tiny, the best tiny earphones i would of recommended for comfort & sound would of been the Usams Ereno series but unfortunatley they are now discontinued
frown.gif
the true underdogs for me the best cheap earphone of 2016 not the zircons
cool.gif
which are average to me, the usams sonically all across the spectrum they sound amazing, metal shell tiny but with a big nozzle, my best cheap buy so far. By the time i realised how good they are they was discontinued
frown.gif
i also like the kz hds1 but they are not my preferred sound signiture the Usams ereno compares to bigger & much more expensive earphones i have, i recently got the Trinity audio hyperion tiny earphones the are much more expensive but i dare to say the erenos are up there with them & thats me being generous.

You can see the gold Joyroom's & the grey/silver Usams & the tiny wood hisound flamencos in the pics.

Hey, thanks for telling us about Usams Ereno. I guess they are still available here on their official website?

So, how do the highs/treble on Usams Ereno compare to those of Joyroom E103? I am looking for a very small iem that has a gentle, non-fatiguing and not too bright sound signature but with good bass. Which of these two iems do you think would be better for me?

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #2,105 of 31,833
That sounds like a great piece of Iem for the price. Cheaper but better than Rock Zircon, probably gonna look out for this IEM. The small housing size,that nozzle size, and your sound description, probably it could be something like the UIISII HM7. Hope i can still get one to try out, of course not at the 16$ price range or else it will defeat its purpose lol

Actually it does kind of remind me of the HM7 in some ways but its more universal in terms of listening to various genres even though Hm7 has some pros that excell better the ereno like other good iems priced similarly but for what i paid i personally prefer the ereno in that bracket.

I remember the ereno was so cheap like $6 to $8 months ago i regret not buying more, lol i dont think i would i buy it for double the price especially if theres newer iems around unless you want something small & comfortable, i judge it on its price & size for that it is amazing.

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,106 of 31,833
Hey, thanks for telling us about Usams Ereno. I guess they are still available here on their official website?

So, how do the highs/treble on Usams Ereno compare to those of Joyroom E103? I am looking for a very small iem that has a gentle, non-fatiguing and not too bright sound signature but with good bass. Which of these two iems do you think would be better for me?

Joyroom e103 maybe better suited for you as u wanted something with a 3button remote the ereno has just 1button, build quailty on the e103 is better but the sound can be subjective, the highs on the e103 are non fatiguing but i dont like how certain songs sound on them for me they lack the oomph & im not talking about bass something i cant describe they are crisp in the highs but theres something in the tonality that i just dont like personally others may like the sound, the erenos highs are more kind of out there but because of the slightly softer mids & floaty bass (if thats a word) they sound less fatiguing & i found imaging & soundstage is also better, compared to most small iems i found changing tips on the erenos changes the sound more dramatically maybe because of the wider nozzles, the stock tips have a narrow opening which makes them high on the treble which some people like, but i use tips with a wider opening becuase of the wide nozzle this makes everything sound perfect for me.

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #2,107 of 31,833
Joyroom e103 maybe better suited for you as u wanted something with a 3button remote the ereno has just 1button, build quailty on the e103 is better but the sound can be subjective, the highs on the e103 are non fatiguing but i dont like how certain songs sound on them for me they lack the oomph & im not talking about bass something i cant describe they are crisp in the highs but theres something in the tonality that i just dont like personally others may like the sound, the erenos highs are more kind of out there but because of the slightly softer mids & floaty bass (if thats a word) they sound less fatiguing & i found imaging & soundstage is also better, compared to most small iems i found changing tips on the erenos changes the sound more dramatically maybe because of the wider nozzles, the stock tips have a narrow opening which makes them high on the treble which some people like, but i use tips with a wider opening becuase of the wide nozzle this makes everything sound perfect for me.

Is joyroom e103 better than e107?

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #2,108 of 31,833
Is joyroom e103 better than e107?

i don't have the e107 so i can' say, but from what i read the e103 suppose to be a lil upgrade from the e107, its all depends on your music taste sound & the sound signature you like, so many variables come in to play like the source you plug them in to, tips you use etc..

one of my chinese girls put me on to the boarseman kr25d i got them last week they are devine for the price:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32790619098.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32790619098&productSubject=Boarseman-KR25D-Wired-Earphone-HiFI-In-ear-Super-Bass-Earbuds-Sport-Fever-Metal-Earphones-For-iPhone&spm=2114.13010608.0.0.DQn2HM#autostay

or maybe the deadly colyue e1's: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32762917139.html

try them and see what you like both cheap & safe bets for any person :wink:

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #2,109 of 31,833
i don't have the e107 so i can' say, but from what i read the e103 suppose to be a lil upgrade from the e107, its all depends on your music taste sound & the sound signature you like, so many variables come in to play like the source you plug them in to, tips you use etc..

one of my chinese girls put me on to the boarseman kr25d i got them last week they are devine for the price:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32790619098.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32790619098&productSubject=Boarseman-KR25D-Wired-Earphone-HiFI-In-ear-Super-Bass-Earbuds-Sport-Fever-Metal-Earphones-For-iPhone&spm=2114.13010608.0.0.DQn2HM#autostay

or maybe the deadly colyue e1's: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32762917139.html

try them and see what you like both cheap & safe bets for any person
wink.gif

So  boarseman kr25d will be better buy than e103?

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #2,110 of 31,833
For me they are like a bigger version of the joyroom e103 with more prominent bass response, uncanny how the highs & mids are similar not the same but comparable mid are slightly pushed back but soft & clear maybe because i left tips that came with them which emphasize the bass , still the bass is not overbearing & it doesn't effect the mids/highs too much no muffling or congested sound on the highs, i like the bass on these, plus they require no amplification get very loud unlike the joyrooms, e103 has cleaner mids & slight more treble in highs, con for the kr25d I got non mic version, other then that defo would go for them if you want that extra bass over clearer mids, different songs shine on each of them, all subjective to the listener.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #2,111 of 31,833
Been outta the loop for awhile.  Any recommendations on a mid-centric pair with great vocals?  Had the KC06 before and loved them before they died.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #2,112 of 31,833
  Been outta the loop for awhile.  Any recommendations on a mid-centric pair with great vocals?  Had the KC06 before and loved them before they died.

Check out KZ ZS3. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-zs3-hifi-high-end-3-5mm-in-ear-earphone-headphones-earpiece-original-headset-bass-earbuds-with-microphone/reviews/16771

It appears to have one of the best midranges with excellent vocals at the $10 price range (on gearbest). But it is also a bass-heavy earphone. 

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #2,113 of 31,833

Vivo XE800 - same driver as Vsonic GR07

Only downside is that there are some fakes on sale - I got mine from Beteran

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #2,115 of 31,833

had the urbanfun out this weekend and must continue to rave about them--crystal clear and great for extended listening. generally balanced with some lift in the subbass region

Users who are viewing this thread

Back