CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 16, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #2,086 of 31,867

Please share impressions of the Asura.  For the price, the Monks can't be beat - I especially love the balanced versions (though in fairness that may be because I listen to them primarily with an LH Labs GO V2 Infinity, and the balanced output is rumored to be much better than the SE).  I've been unable to pull the trigger on the higher end VE models........ though for the amount of money I've spent collecting the different colors, I probably could have bought one of their higher-end models! 
tongue.gif

The standard Monk Plus (SE 3.5TRS) that I received, already has a new home with a co-worker.  When I was comparing it to the Espresso Monk Plus (Balanced 2.5TRRS - connected to the 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS Adapter cable), the differences were very subtle, but the Espresso model seemed to have a slightly more open sound stage.  It just didn't seem like the overall sound of the Monk Plus is affected too much by the difference in cables, when connected to the Single-Ended output.  The Espresso 2.5TRRS does sound better when it's connected to the Balanced output of my DP-X1, with better Bass (clarity & impact), and larger sound-stage.

Comparing the Balanced models of the Asura 2.0 and the Monk Plus (both with the Black/White donut foams) - the Monk Plus seems to have more Low Bass, but the Asura has better clarity and detail in the Bass; clearer, more forward Midrange; and I just don't hear much difference in the Treble between the two.

NOTE: Since the Ausra 2.0 is 150Ω, and the Monk Plus is 64Ω, I did have to fiddle with the volume control a bit, to try and gain match - so that could influence my perceptions of which sounds clearer / better.

I guess the end result of this quick comparison, is that I believe the additional clarity & detail of the sound from the Asura 2.0 (Balanced 2.5TRRS), is worth the additional cost over the Monk Plus.  
However, I'm not entirely convinced that the upgrade from the standard Monk Plus, to the Espresso Monk Plus (Balanced 2.5TRRS), is worth the 6x price increase.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #2,088 of 31,867
  Hi everyone, I want to order Joyroom JR-E-103, but unfortunately they are only available on Taobao. I have never ordered on Taobao and the ordering system seems a little confusing. They are priced at $14.60, but with shipping and commission costs, the total is coming to $22.64. I am wondering if there is a way to avoid these costs. Also, are there any other sites that sell these iems?

Thank you.

Any particular reason for settling on the E103? That's a lot of money for a oldish IEM

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #2,089 of 31,867
How about those?
 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Original-Joyroom-E103-In-ear-Earphone-3-5MM-Stereo-Voice-Headset-Dynamic-Headphone-Aerospace/32654526890.html
Quote:
  Hi everyone, I want to order Joyroom JR-E-103, but unfortunately they are only available on Taobao. I have never ordered on Taobao and the ordering system seems a little confusing. They are priced at $14.60, but with shipping and commission costs, the total is coming to $22.64. I am wondering if there is a way to avoid these costs. Also, are there any other sites that sell these iems?

Thank you.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #2,090 of 31,867
So maybe E107?

Any particular reason for settling on the E103? That's a lot of money for a oldish IEM

I am looking for a cheapish IEM (preferably <$15) with 3 buttons for android (this option is not mandatory, though), has a small footprint (so that they are comfortable to wear while sleeping) and something that has a "gentle and non-fatiguing" sound signature, but with good bass. These seem to fit the bill according to these two reviews - E103 & E107. It seems E103 is the more refined version of the E107. 

But please let me know if there are better alternatives. Looking at the above discussion, I am genuinely curious about the monks, though I never tried earbuds before.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #2,092 of 31,867

I am looking for a cheapish IEM (preferably <$15) with 3 buttons for android (this option is not mandatory, though), has a small footprint (so that they are comfortable to wear while sleeping) and something that has a "gentle and non-fatiguing" sound signature, but with good bass. These seem to fit the bill according to these two reviews - E103 & E107. It seems E103 is the more refined version of the E107. 

But please let me know if there are better alternatives. Looking at the above discussion, I am genuinely curious about the monks, though I never tried earbuds before.

I wasn't aware of the E103's remote having the extra controls. There are other options if the 3 button remote isn't mandatory but if they are genuinely better than the E107 then they'll be pretty good.

I've been looking at the E105 on Gearbest as one of my next orders, only got the one Joyroom review. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,093 of 31,867

I wasn't aware of the E103's remote having the extra controls. There are other options if the 3 button remote isn't mandatory but if they are genuinely better than the E107 then they'll be pretty good.

I've been looking at the E105 on Gearbest as one of my next orders, only got the one Joyroom review. 

I wasn't even aware that there is a E105 model. Thank you for letting me know about it. I wonder how it sounds & how big it is when compared to E103.

Joyroom's naming scheme is a little confusing. For example, I would have never thought that the E103 is the improved, refined version of E107!

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,094 of 31,867

the dzat df10 is certainly gentle and non-fatiguiging, with good bass; also incredible build quality and packaging for the price. for a few bucks more, the urbanfun is exceptional.

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #2,096 of 31,867

I haven't received it yet, but I've ordered the MEMT X5, because it looks small enough to wear comfortably while sleeping.  It does have a Mic, and at least one button. The X5 is currently $22.11.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-MEMT-X5-In-Ear-Earphone-3-5MM-Stereo-In-Ear-Headset-Dynamic-Earbuds-Hifi-Bass/32791270664.html

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #2,097 of 31,867
Hi everybody, so finally my 1 year old ttpod t1 cable died. I loved them and believe me or not they were taking half of the time from my westone 3. I loved the bass of ttpod and also the soundstage was quite deep. What would you recommend with similar ttpod signature at about max 100-150 dollars? Was wondering if I should invest in 2 iem like vsonic vsd3 + something else or I should go to one expensive piece.

Please give recommendations? I was out of head if community and I am a bit out of new great value Chinese pieces.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,098 of 31,867

have not heard the 103 but that's how I use the 107 and I've got no complaints (there can be microphonics though).

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #2,099 of 31,867
The joyroom 105's are similar looking to the rock zircons thats what prompted me to try them out months ago, they do have nice lows to them & slightly pronounced highs from what i remember but mine was defect L channel was lower in volume & bass output then the R side so i just put them away, the 103's are small & have a nice sound to them but on certain sources the volume is lower then most earphones one would be used to, but they are, one of my fav for the mids, i sleep with them in as they are tiny, the best tiny earphones i would of recommended for comfort & sound would of been the Usams Ereno series but unfortunatley they are now discontinued :frowning2: the true underdogs for me the best cheap earphone of 2016 not the zircons :cool: which are average to me, the usams sonically all across the spectrum they sound amazing, metal shell tiny but with a big nozzle, my best cheap buy so far. By the time i realised how good they are they was discontinued :frowning2: i also like the kz hds1 but they are not my preferred sound signiture the Usams ereno compares to bigger & much more expensive earphones i have, i recently got the Trinity audio hyperion tiny earphones the are much more expensive but i dare to say the erenos are up there with them & thats me being generous.

You can see the gold Joyroom's & the grey/silver Usams & the tiny wood hisound flamencos in the pics.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #2,100 of 31,867
The joyroom 105's are similar looking to the rock zircons thats what prompted me to try them out months ago, they do have nice lows to them & slightly pronounced highs from what i remember but mine was defect L channel was lower in volume & bass output then the R side so i just put them away, the 103's are small & have a nice sound to them but on certain sources the volume is lower then most earphones one would be used to, but they are, one of my fav for the mids, i sleep with them in as they are tiny, the best tiny earphones i would of recommended for comfort & sound would of been the Usams Ereno series but unfortunatley they are now discontinued :frowning2: the true underdogs for me the best cheap earphone of 2016 not the zircons :cool: which are average to me, the usams sonically all across the spectrum they sound amazing, metal shell tiny but with a big nozzle, my best cheap buy so far. By the time i realised how good they are they was discontinued :frowning2: i also like the kz hds1 but they are not my preferred sound signiture the Usams ereno compares to bigger & much more expensive earphones i have, i recently got the Trinity audio hyperion tiny earphones the are much more expensive but i dare to say the erenos are up there with them & thats me being generous.

You can see the gold Joyroom's & the grey/silver Usams & the tiny wood hisound flamencos in the pics.

Agree about the Joyroom E103 sounding quiet even at high volume. Probably because the E013 has a low sensitivity, i need to set my Note 3 volume to 80% above to really feel the sound coming out while most IEMs can be driven quite fine by my Note 3 @ 50-60% of volume. They're very comfortably tiny and therefore makes it an excellent IEM to sleep with.

How is the sound of the USAMS ERENO may i ask ? It looks interesting and i should probably look up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back