CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 11, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #1,801 of 31,833
Just bought the S5, I hope it's as good as you guys say...
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #1,803 of 31,833
Today I got my Tennmak Pro Dual Driver and I must say that are extremely good, specially for Rock music but they are nice also for any kind of music. Very light, very comfortable, thanks again for the good hint :)

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #1,804 of 31,833
saw the hype for Tenmak Pro, i had Musicmaker TK12, how would Tenmak Pro compare to it? 

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #1,806 of 31,833
Tk12 has better bass quality and separation, the Pro's bass muddy up the mids a bit. Although I believe the Tennmak Pro is a steal at its price, it is a downgrade to the TK12 imo.

i see, i also have TK Maple and TFZ Series 1.. dont want to jump the guns yet as i also enjoying my MusicMaker TW1, since i change the tip to Spinfit, the mid bass starts to shine now, not as much as TK Maple and no where near TK12, but enough to feel the fun, as compared to before it sounded too analytical for my taste.. and TFZ Series 1 is just all muddy with suffocating bass but very engaging.. if i dont have them i might jump the gun with Tenmak Pro though..

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #1,807 of 31,833
The Pro with the bass port mod is very nice but the TK12 is indeed better.

I had the Series 1S Live Sound and I returned it, good bass but yes was very heavy and the mids sounded unnaturally forward. Just got the Series 3 the other day, less bass, mids are about the same and highs are rolled off. It's ok but don't care for it much.

Maples are lost in the mail but when I had them they were one of my favorites, less clarity then the Pros but I'd put them on the same level of enjoyment.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #1,808 of 31,833
I have a question about eartips. 
For some reason my vivo xe800 came with 2 pairs of large eartips and 1 small, the large are too big for me and the small are too small, so I have been using the small ones that came with the musicmaker kk ting that seem to fit perfect, the thing is from what I have read, the eartips that come with the xe800 are the best ones to use with it. I would like to know if there is any place where I can get vivo eartips or if someone could recommend me some good eartips that go well with the xe800.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #1,810 of 31,833
  which is better in terms of sound quality & bass the Rock Zircon or VJJB K4S?? can't decide which one to get

Of the two VJJB K4S is better made and better sounding. For a few dollars more you can get the Tennmak Banjo which I feel is better in terms of bass and sound in general. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,812 of 31,833
Yes, it has a lot of sub-bass so I think it suits those genres.

Just had a quick reminder with the Banjo listening to SBTRKT, feels like I'm having my brain massaged compared to my normal listening pair the Ty Hi-Z G3. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #1,813 of 31,833
  Yes, it has a lot of sub-bass so I think it suits those genres.

Just had a quick reminder with the Banjo listening to SBTRKT, feels like I'm having my brain massaged compared to my normal listening pair the Ty Hi-Z G3. 

Very nice! i'll highly consider your recomendation :). i currently own zs3's are the banjo's a setp up from zs3 in terms of bass, sound quality&clarity?

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,814 of 31,833
Ah, I didn't realise you had the ZS3 already.

I rate the ZS3 really highly and I don't think they lack bass if I'm honest. They beat the Banjo for clarity, SQ and soundstage. The Banjo has more sub-bass but at the detriment of other sound elements.

If you're not getting enough bass from the ZS3s I'd look at the eartips you're using, if they're not sealing you won't get the thump. Once you got that sorted I'd look at EQing the sound to boost the lower frequencies, you get close to the Banjo in terms of bass without losing the other elements.

I rate the ZS3 in the my top 5 favourites, plus I think they look cool. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #1,815 of 31,833
  Ah, I didn't realise you had the ZS3 already.

I rate the ZS3 really highly and I don't think they lack bass if I'm honest. They beat the Banjo for clarity, SQ and soundstage. The Banjo has more sub-bass but at the detriment of other sound elements.

If you're not getting enough bass from the ZS3s I'd look at the eartips you're using, if they're not sealing you won't get the thump. Once you got that sorted I'd look at EQing the sound to boost the lower frequencies, you get close to the Banjo in terms of bass without losing the other elements.

I rate the ZS3 in the my top 5 favourites, plus I think they look cool. 

Yeah ZS3's have very good bass, then in that case i don't need to upgrade for banjos. i'll try them later and try EQing to get more sub bass:).

Out of curiosity what are the other 4 of your favourites? And what IEM's (obviously higher priced) are a step up to ZS3's in terms of bass, clarity, SQ and soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back