CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 20, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #826 of 31,833
I would like to ask this to those who have tried and liked TY HI-Z HP 32. What other earbuds improve on this which are good value for money? I am sure there are better earbuds at the top end of the price range. I have monk+ too but I like these better.

Thanks.

Jul 20, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #827 of 31,833
Any comparison details against xDuoo X2 or ONN X5 ?

Sorry I don't have them so cannot comment but Newsmy A33 is the slightly warmer bassier version of Kogan player. :wink:

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #828 of 31,833
  Can anybody recommend some good IEM's around 25-50$ ? Most importantly they have too be comfortable (for the girlfriend), and not have a fatiguing sound signature.

Suposedly the Vivo XE800 and Tenmak Piano are good around that price range, but I have yet to actually ty any of these value IEMs (still waiting on 6 pairs from Aliexpress). In general there are a few steps you can tke to make them comfortable though, things like comply tips and light weight make a very comfortable IEM. My Trinity deltas are good but become uncomfortable over time due to the weight they put on your ear cannal, so it's definatly something to look out for when choosing. There are also IEMs with ergonomic designs such as the XE800 and Piano which if done well will be a lot more comfortable to wear (but if done poorly will be far worse than the straight design).

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #830 of 31,833
If the TW1 is on the list, the VJJB K2S should be too. It's the better earphone imo; http://www.head-fi.org/products/vjjb-k2s/reviews/15975

Also, if anyone can get their hands on the Tingo GG16859, scoop them up. The one seller I know that had them on AliExpress stopped selling them after only 2 orders (WHYYY!!???), but wow are they good. Basically a sonically improved JVC HA-FXT90 (smoother with better mid-bass/sub-bass balance and a larger soundstage) with a 3-button inline mic for ~15 bucks. At that price? Hahaha....you win. 

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #831 of 31,833
  Suposedly the Vivo XE800 and Tenmak Piano are good around that price range, but I have yet to actually ty any of these value IEMs (still waiting on 6 pairs from Aliexpress). In general there are a few steps you can tke to make them comfortable though, things like comply tips and light weight make a very comfortable IEM. My Trinity deltas are good but become uncomfortable over time due to the weight they put on your ear cannal, so it's definatly something to look out for when choosing. There are also IEMs with ergonomic designs such as the XE800 and Piano which if done well will be a lot more comfortable to wear (but if done poorly will be far worse than the straight design).

OK thanks for the tips. I forgot to mention that they preferrably shouldn't extend that far from outside the ear. She often falls asleep with the headphones one, while lying on the side, and if it extends too far it hurts the ears. So prerrably it should have a flat end i guess... 

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #832 of 31,833
Oh mannn...just found a Benjie K9 with 16GB memory, same price as I paid for 8GB. 
angry_face.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #833 of 31,833
@Beatwolf You could get the LZ-A2s in gearbest for only 52 dollars.

It's very smooth and would probably never give you ear fatigue for listening to it for hours, the weight of the IEM is just right. The lows and mids are both thick and airy, this is probably one of the smoothest IEM you could buy around 100 dollars :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #837 of 31,833
  Hi can anyone do a comparison between the **** DT2 and Tennmak Piano? Would really appreciate it! Thanks!

I can't do a comparison as I've only got the Piano which I'm selling - it's new.

When I listened to the Piano I thought they were really good but the cable configuration annoyed me, they didn't have as much bass as the Banjos but were reasonably balanced overall. The sound isn't fatiguing with these, I had them in my ears pretty much all day on one occasion, but there's plenty of clarity. I believe there's a new cable now with all MMCX Tennmaks

The **** are a step up in quality I feel, but without being able to do a back to back comparison hard to say what the differences between the two are. The DT2 are currently my primary earphone out of choice from a long list - I like the deep bass and imaging with these.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #838 of 31,833
Got my KZ Acoustics ERD2 in the mail today, they were bought on Aliexpress at "In & On". They took a total of 20 days to arrive here from the date of purchase, which is quite decent for free international shipping from China. 

First Impressions:
So far they sound decent, especially for IEMs that I only paid 4.40$ for. they are a bit more bass heavy than what I prefer, but the sound is generally speaking very clean with near to no distorition which is good for a cheap pair of headphones. Soundstage is somewhat lacking though, but that is to be expected. All in all a decent IEM for the price, but I can't see myself using them every day.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #840 of 31,833
  @Rainmaker91 Quick question for you. Are the ports underneath the housing where the cable enters sealed or open? Just curious.

You mean the place where the cables enter the housing? Like most IEMs it's sealed with a rubber gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back