CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 12, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #661 of 31,833
Rainmaker91, I have not heard the DZAT but have read the bass is not so well done. I believe. Another option that fits would be the MusicMaker TK FengYin.

Another option but in the mid $40 range is the MusicMaker T71. Very tight controlled bass that packs a punch, mids that are detailed and highs that are smooth. Has a very nice open soundstage.

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #662 of 31,833
@Rainmaker91, I have not heard the DZAT but have read the bass is not so well done. I believe. Another option that fits would be the MusicMaker TK FengYin.

Another option but in the mid $40 range is the MusicMaker T71. Very tight controlled bass that packs a punch, mids that are detailed and highs that are smooth. Has a very nice open soundstage.

I'll make a note one that one since I already ordered, but it's nice to have more options for the future. Either way I'm not really expecting any of them to take over as my main portable headset as I just got my Trinity Deltas last week. 
etysmile.gif

That said, I seem to have an affinity ofr having lots of different audio gear so I just want to try some differnet flavours when I'm at it 
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #663 of 31,833
Hmm... Kind of curious about some of these chinese IEMs, headphones and dac/amp. So I'm thinking of making myself a "goodiebag" with audio gear under 100$ to see what things sound like and if they are even worth my time at a later date (each individual part has to cost less than 35$ including shipping). Any tips as to what is interesting to try out?

Just to create a baseline, my preferences to sound signature is neutral with a very slight bump in the lower end.

I think it would be fin to try out some new stuff rather than just being stuck with all the regular super expencive brands.:tongue_smile:  

Edit:
Aliexpress Shopping cart currently look like this:
- Tenmak Piano
- Tenmak Pro dual
- DZAT DF-10
- Xiaomi Hybrid
- KZ-ED2
- VE Monk
Putting total purchase sum at: 98.3$

Either this package or I jsut buy a single pair of BossHifi B8 as they just look so awesome.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #666 of 31,833
  Hmm... Kind of curious about some of these chinese IEMs, headphones and dac/amp. So I'm thinking of making myself a "goodiebag" with audio gear under 100$ to see what things sound like and if they are even worth my time at a later date (each individual part has to cost less than 35$ including shipping). Any tips as to what is interesting to try out?

Just to create a baseline, my preferences to sound signature is neutral with a very slight bump in the lower end.

I think it would be fin to try out some new stuff rather than just being stuck with all the regular super expencive brands.
tongue_smile.gif

Edit:
Aliexpress Shopping cart currently look like this:
- Tenmak Piano
- Tenmak Pro dual
- DZAT DF-10
- Xiaomi Hybrid
- KZ-ED2
- VE Monk
Putting total purchase sum at: 98.3$

Either this package or I jsut buy a single pair of BossHifi B8 as they just look so awesome.

I would skip the Xiaomi hybrid and take the Vivo XE800 instead.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #667 of 31,833
awesome sugestions guys, unfortunately I already ordered so the only chage I was able to make was ED2 for the EDR2. The rest will be added to my whish list for whenever I might want or have the cash to try some more 
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #668 of 31,833
  @GodZeon Compared to the Zero I'd say the Piano has a tighter, punchier bass and an overall "cleaner" sound. Upper mids of the Piano are more forward but don't have as much air as the Zero. Highs are more extended and prominent on the Piano as well. Zero mids are more forward, particularly the lower mids.

They're both good and I don't really have a preference for either one. I switch between them often depending on what I'm doing (Piano over ear better for movement and noise isolation etc) and what I'm listening to. Sorry I don't have time to cover in more detail atm.

Thanks for the info and excellent review on Piano btw. After I receive my Pro, if I enjoy it, I will likely order a Piano to take to work.

Anyone know of any Sub-100$ DAC I can use with my Android and my PC rig?
I've heard about some cheap Sabre DACs and the Hifiman HM-10 (mentioned in this thread), but I was wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations or experiences.

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #670 of 31,833

Thanks for the info and excellent review on Piano btw. After I receive my Pro, if I enjoy it, I will likely order a Piano to take to work.

I've heard about some cheap Sabre DACs and the Hifiman HM-10 (mentioned in this thread), but I was wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations or experiences.

The HRT DSP would probably be the best option at that price, aparently it's close to the Microstreamer (170$ DAC) but some prefer one over the other.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #671 of 31,833

I believe it was you who recommended the TY HI-Z here first so thank you!  
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, just trying to help all of us to have the best hi-fi sound possible for very little change. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

I would skip the Xiaomi hybrid and take the Vivo XE800 instead.

+1 Totally agree.

the isk hd 9999 worth the price? or pays more to buy the 2010 or 2011?

Even though, I personally like the signature of the HP2011, the HD9999 is their "Flagship model" and is worth every penny! They even have a 3-pin cable for professional use and sound fantastic. They are in my "top-tier" headphone collection.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #672 of 31,833

If youre looking for an all in 1, I'd look into the Encore mDSD. It's $100 USD and I enjoy it a bit.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #673 of 31,833

Dragonfly black?

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #674 of 31,833
Im tempted to buy the Pro's. But many (too much) people on AE seem to be complaning about the cable disconecting sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back