CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 22, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #14,401 of 31,833
Not at all... have you looked at the photos that were included in spoilers? The mystery iem is not something that already existed before.
They have similar stem and housing shape to me... although they're so shiny it's hard to make out actual shape :)

Circled back to a couple of my existing toys... The Snow Lotus buds reset my brain and make me not liking BAs as much anymore :D Dynamics now just sound awesome to my ears. The Morpilots I got from Amazon (no longer available, but looks exactly like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DMJBWQ1) are so detailed and spacious. They have great bass for such small drivers. Vocal is dominant and sweet. Very comfortable - incredibly light. Only downside is no vents, so driver flex is almost unavoidable. I-INTO i-8 is another great sounding one, but vocal is a bit recessed, and doesn't fit my ears very well. It hurts after a couple hours.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #14,403 of 31,833
I just noticed some reviewers got the whole MIC issue wrong with the EzAudio D4. There is actually a MIC (wrongly stated by one reviewer and made me regret buying these as gifts), and this time a bit harder to spot, there is button on it which will pause and play as well as skip if you double click on it.

Wish they made a removable cable option, and wish I had bought more during 11.11 :) IT01 is still better in terms of weight on each note and 3D sense after quick A/B on a track, but these EzAudio D4 have a nice clarity + sub/bass that isn't that far off and brings mids forward. I likey!
Where is the button? I knew there was a mic but what I was trying to communicate was that I couldn't see any mic controls.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #14,405 of 31,833
So what are THE cheap Chinese IEM to get this Black Friday on Aliexpress?

Have the KZ ZS6, would there be anything that would be a big step up for around the $50 price? Reading through a few posts & it seems audiobudget.com picks aren't highly regarded here.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #14,406 of 31,833
Where is the button? I knew there was a mic but what I was trying to communicate was that I couldn't see any mic controls.

It's the whole mic unit actually. The tactile feedback is horrible but it does play/pause and skip songs. Try pressing a bit harder and you'll notice the slightest 'click'.

Aliexpress packages are rolling in one after the other. Just received my EzAudio d4 (5 of them actually :D)
So far so good as I do not experience a lack of bass as has been stated by a minority (I use the IT01 mainly at home). It actually has nice sub bass as many have stated.
Soundstage isn't tiny as I feared. Will take more time before A/Bing them but so far I found that the KZ starlines were better in providing a good seal and increasing fullness of sound across the low end. It is a bit dry up top, but perhaps I'm just not used to this new signature and something focused on clarity. Only my Vivo ex800 was similar by memory (without the subass)

Happy so far! Although the cable connecting to the IEMs are ridiculously thin and I'm sure some will destroy these gifts in a little bit of time.

Oh, the package is great...Not sure what the metallic carabiner clip is for, but I like these large cases and the scratchy thingy to hold cables together is a nice thought.

The package rocks. It's exactly the same case as the nicehck mystery iem one. Nice quality. As for the D4, I also got 5 pieces. :o2smile:

I was playing around with a pair today, testing out tweaking with the bass vents (on the nozzles). Blocking them totally with tape resulted in a huge increase in bass but also severe mid bleed, not good at all. I didn't have more time today but currently I'm using them with ~3/4 to 4/5 of the vent blocked, seems to be about the sweet spot for me. When I have time I'll open a second pair and do some real ABing using 1 pair with no tape and then increasingly block vents to assess the effect on the sound signature.

The D4 makes a nice gift, however it has two downsides for me as gift: stock tips suck and the signature is not really consumer oriented; the average Joe might find them to sound a bit anemic.

I'm considering opening all my pairs and including kz starlines + mod them before I gift them. I paid €6,66 each tho, pretty insane. The mic/control is kinda wack, cheap feeling cable after the Y-split but can't have it all.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #14,407 of 31,833
Nov 22, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #14,408 of 31,833
To hang/attach your case to your clothes/pants I would guess.

The D4 are great, I thought they were excellent but since I partially blocked the front vents with porous medical paper tape they sound nothing short of phenomenal to me. I haven't gone back to my good 100+ish iems to compare because I am afraid to find out those D4 are just as good...

Just now saw your post after I replied to stryed about blocking the front vents. How much of the vent do you block? I can probably get my hands on some medical tape as well, good idea!

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #14,409 of 31,833
It's the whole mic unit actually. The tactile feedback is horrible but it does play/pause and skip songs. Try pressing a bit harder and you'll notice the slightest 'click'.

The package rocks. It's exactly the same case as the nicehck mystery iem one. Nice quality. As for the D4, I also got 5 pieces. :o2smile:

I was playing around with a pair today, testing out tweaking with the bass vents (on the nozzles). Blocking them totally with tape resulted in a huge increase in bass but also severe mid bleed, not good at all. I didn't have more time today but currently I'm using them with ~3/4 to 4/5 of the vent blocked, seems to be about the sweet spot for me. When I have time I'll open a second pair and do some real ABing using 1 pair with no tape and then increasingly block vents to assess the effect on the sound signature.

The D4 makes a nice gift, however it has two downsides for me as gift: stock tips suck and the signature is not really consumer oriented; the average Joe might find them to sound a bit anemic.

I'm considering opening all my pairs and including kz starlines + mod them before I gift them. I paid €6,66 each tho, pretty insane. The mic/control is kinda wack, cheap feeling cable after the Y-split but can't have it all.

Hehe I have already given 2 away along with starline tips :) A good seal and smaller bore and longer tip for a seal was essential (surprising for me as I always go for chubby widebore). Not sure about needing mod as of yet. Will see if they change after some burn-in (ducks for cover!):grimacing:
It does seem to react very differently depending on the type of music and recording. IT01 plays all OK but a clarity and more top mid high centric IEM seems more picky... TOMMY GUERRERO sounds amazing for example

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #14,410 of 31,833
Hehe I have already given 2 away along with starline tips :) A good seal and smaller bore and longer tip for a seal was essential (surprising for me as I always go for chubby widebore). Not sure about needing mod as of yet. Will see if they change after some burn-in (ducks for cover!):grimacing:
It does seem to react very differently depending on the type of music and recording. IT01 plays all OK but a clarity and more top mid high centric IEM seems more picky... TOMMY GUERRERO sounds amazing for example

Yeah I wouldn't say modding is necessary. However, in my opinion they sound much more 'complete' with slightly increased lows. Vocals sound a bit warmer and more engaging for me that way. I would at least tweak a bit when you're bored sometime, the mods are easily reversible.

Edit: oh and by the way, they lend themselves very well for some Steely Dan. Try Jack of Speed :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #14,411 of 31,833
Just now saw your post after I replied to stryed about blocking the front vents. How much of the vent do you block? I can probably get my hands on some medical tape as well, good idea!

All of it, some air still get through as the tape is porous.

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #14,412 of 31,833
Hello, I am new here. I am considering buying either Tin Audio T2 or lker i8. Which one is better choice? Thank you guys
I only have the T2 so I won't make any recommendation. If you haven't, you can look at Igor's site (audiobudget) to get a general idea about how those two compare.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #14,413 of 31,833
First listen to the D4 wasn't too great for me but I was swapping between these and the fukubukuro (after day with ZSN). After a long lie I've been listening solely to the D4 on and off tonight. For the money they're a very good IEM. Not the world beaters I thought I was getting though lol. Very bright up top from upper mids on which makes me turn volume down lower than normal... which actually works in their favour tbh. Nice separation, vocals are very articulate which is nice, bass is good quality for this price, very fast at times but sub bass doesn't go too deep. Very good detailed mids (again helped by brightness up top). Things like cymbals don't sound great tho, very splashy and at times tinny. But yeah, a solid $10 earphone that def punches above it's weight. Can I see myself listening to the D4 regularly... no. I've been spoilt by the ZSN last few days though so they were up against a beast of an earphone. They did get much better with different tips which smoothed over some of the occasional sharpness.

The mystery box is a strange one. Deep, smooth bass. Instruments can sound very natural at times. Vocals are a bit recessed though. Others with better terminology may say this better, but there is something missing occasionally in the mids... like some notes are being skipped over.

It's BF so currently looking at the BQEYZ BQ3 and another IEM on Alie which i think is a brand you're not allowed to discuss on Head Fi

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #14,414 of 31,833
Here are some "Black Friday" idea buys you may want to add to your online shopping cart for under $20 US dollars!

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10
PSR = PRO SOUND RATING

KZ ZSN
PSR: 9.9
Luscious and energetic with plenty of hi-end details/micro-details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
PRICE: More or less around $15 US dollars
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...nitor-Headset-Sport/1358152_32946194249.html?

QCY QM05
PSR: 9.7
Crystal clear with awesome resolution, imaging and 3D-like soundstage plus solid bass!
PRICE: Around $10 US dollars
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...=2&is_b=1&rn=bff2f0c345b29b1d874d71f1d8dd3cff

MEMT T3 (ear buds)
PSR: 9.5
Warm and smooth sounding earbuds with great hi-end details!
PRICE: Black Friday sale! $15.20 US dollars
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...-Plug-Stereo-In-Ear-Headset/32915918919.html?

Safe shopping, spend wisely! :spy:

-Clear :beerchug:

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #14,415 of 31,833
Yea I think Im going to be all over Semkarch CNT1, BQEYZ BQ3, and banned **** in a couple hours. Banned DT8 wants me too. The grey looks so good(I hear good things about it too) and im kind of a banned hoar. :) I will probably wait on it for awhile though. Wife is having issues with this hobby, and I cant really argue against her reasoning. Also I am struggling with the thought of cheating on ZSN with new playthings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back