CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #14,131 of 31,833
It's not readily available, but I wish it was as it is that good.

As far as buying mine, it would be difficult to part with mine. But everything has a price lol

Seriously though, I could get rid of my whole IEM collection and just keep the C631 and be perfectly happy.
Dang you like them that much man wish I had a pair now what's your second favorite?

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #14,133 of 31,833
For the KZ mmcx cable, which type would fit the ZSN/ZS6, the type a or type b?

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #14,134 of 31,833
Wow that's a tough one. There's a lot of close ties; it's like splitting hairs.

There's also so much gear I haven't heard (for example, most of the 2018 KZ stuff, no TFZ products, no >$1k IEMs, no Nine Tails, no BGVP DM6 or DMG, etc.). I only rec stuff I've heard or own.

You can get a pretty good idea of the stuff I own from my profile. Most all of it is <$100, so my recommendations are based in that realm of experience. I'm sure if I was used to $2500 IEMs, everything I currently own would sound like 'junk' in comparison.

I appreciate many different tunings, but my ideal tuning leans towards:
  • A mild/shallow v or u shape with slightly elevated mid-bass
  • Energetic (but not piercing/sibilant/fatiguing) treble
  • Good clarity
  • Good extension on both ends (although some stuff has rolled-off sub bass which is acceptable even though it's not my 1st choice)
  • It shouldn't be dark or veiled
  • I don't like overly forward/boosted mids. I would rather have them be flat or slightly recessed
  • A fun and balanced overall sound
  • If something has to be forward I would prefer forward treble
You'll see my below choices reflect my preferences.

Also be aware that factors such as age and genres affect things. I don't listen to classical/orchestral for example, and I am over 40 so my tolerance for treble is higher that if I was 20.

So with that all said, I would say my favorite IEMs out of everything I've heard or owned would be ANY on this list (which is not in any particular order):

- Timmkoo C631
- Modded BlitzWolf BW-ES1
- TinAudio T2
- Pioneer SE-CH9T
- UiiSii CM5
- Magaosi K5 v2.0
- Campfire Audio Comet
- KZ ZS6
- KZ ED9
- KZ EDR1
- Magaosi BK50
- VSonic VSD5S
- BQEYZ KB1

Some of the above do some things better than another. Some are good all-rounders. Some are extreme value champions (EDR1). But if I was stranded on a desert island, I would be happy taking any of them.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #14,135 of 31,833
Anyone know much of the HiFi Walker A6 triple driver. There is another triple driver from HiFi Walker called the A7 but they've different specs and build.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/A6-Headphones-Resolution-Microphone-Smartphones/dp/B07JLLYQNQ/ref=sr_1_20?dd=IWU4E4mTTgwt7BGzd1fgww,,&ie=UTF8&qid=1541987810&sr=8-20&keywords=balanced+armature&refinements=p_96:6690067031

I'm sure I've saw a similar housing before as another brand???
Sent a mail asking about availability on the A7 as i wanted to get some more they said the series is discontinued so no more stock there at least for the UK. The A6 is a new product no idea how it sounds but seems less premium to A7.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #14,136 of 31,833
How do you get that $10 coupon? This deal looks insane!
It is an ali coupon so maybe account specific. Restrained from getting anything else and pulled the trigger...My lucky bag in a way...

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #14,137 of 31,833
Wow that's a tough one. There's a lot of close ties; it's like splitting hairs.

There's also so much gear I haven't heard (for example, most of the 2018 KZ stuff, no TFZ products, no >$1k IEMs, no Nine Tails, no BGVP DM6 or DMG, etc.). I only rec stuff I've heard or own.

You can get a pretty good idea of the stuff I own from my profile. Most all of it is <$100, so my recommendations are based in that realm of experience. I'm sure if I was used to $2500 IEMs, everything I currently own would sound like 'junk' in comparison.

I appreciate many different tunings, but my ideal tuning leans towards:
  • A mild/shallow v or u shape with slightly elevated mid-bass
  • Energetic (but not piercing/sibilant/fatiguing) treble
  • Good clarity
  • Good extension on both ends (although some stuff has rolled-off sub bass which is acceptable even though it's not my 1st choice)
  • It shouldn't be dark or veiled
  • I don't like overly forward/boosted mids. I would rather have them be flat or slightly recessed
  • A fun and balanced overall sound
  • If something has to be forward I would prefer forward treble
You'll see my below choices reflect my preferences.

Also be aware that factors such as age and genres affect things. I don't listen to classical/orchestral for example, and I am over 40 so my tolerance for treble is higher that if I was 20.

So with that all said, I would say my favorite IEMs out of everything I've heard or owned would be ANY on this list (which is not in any particular order):

- Timmkoo C631
- Modded BlitzWolf BW-ES1
- TinAudio T2
- Pioneer SE-CH9T
- UiiSii CM5
- Magaosi K5 v2.0
- Campfire Audio Comet
- KZ ZS6
- KZ ED9
- KZ EDR1
- Magaosi BK50
- VSonic VSD5S
- BQEYZ KB1

Some of the above do some things better than another. Some are good all-rounders. Some are extreme value champions (EDR1). But if I was stranded on a desert island, I would be happy taking any of them.
I've just ordered the MMCX version of Magaosi BK50 on 11.11, but I'm having second thoughts about it. I've read that it's a bit sibilant and heavily V-shaped. Could you maybe compare them with KZ ZS3 or ATE, since those are the only ones I own out of your inventory.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #14,138 of 31,833
NiceHCK M6 - Looks like a DMG clone, down to the cable. And, only $98 under-cutting the DMG sale price by $20.

HTB1QZ6xXOjrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXaK.jpg

HTB1k6YyXPDuK1Rjy1zjq6zraFXam.jpg

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #14,139 of 31,833
Nicechk Super Fukubukuro US $183

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #14,140 of 31,833
It is an ali coupon so maybe account specific. Restrained from getting anything else and pulled the trigger...My lucky bag in a way...

It must have been the rare AliExpress $10 coupon. I tried 3 times in coin exchange and failed. In the end just ordered P4 and used $2 coupon.
Being a poor university student that totally emptied my pocket money, haha.
Gosh, I have never bought an earphone above the $50 mark. I am really expecting a lot from these!

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #14,142 of 31,833
Nicechk Super Fukubukuro US $183

This thread is for IEMs that are priced UNDER $100.

That is a crazy amount of money to spend on a complete unknown. I am happy to be getting the $9.99 fukubukuro.

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #14,143 of 31,833
This thread is for IEMs that are priced UNDER $100.

That is a crazy amount of money to spend on a complete unknown. I am happy to be getting the $9.99 fukubukuro.
Oh, sorry just an fyi.... I saw it just now... wrong thread... And that was my first post, scolded by Ms. mbwilson111... Lucky me...

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #14,144 of 31,833
Oh, sorry just an fyi.... I saw it just now... Sorry wrong thread... And that was my first post, scolded by Ms. mbwilson111... Lucky me...

Lol don't worry about it :laughing: These mystery bags intrigue me tho. Also ordered the $10 one

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #14,145 of 31,833
Lol don't worry about it :laughing: These mystery bags intrigue me tho. Also ordered the $10 one

LOL, I was just shocked to see that. I have never spent that much on an IEM even when I do know what it is, and no matter how well reviewed it is. Not sure I could get much more enjoyment than I am with my new KZ ZSN that cost $14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back