CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 12, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #13,576 of 31,833
Thanks for the pointers guys, it was really helpful. I've searched that thread and I now have 8 buds in my aliexpress cart. Seems like I need to learn the "language" in order to properly buy the recommended earbuds. Mk1, Mk2, Pk2, Pk3, Pk3s, Pk32, EMX500, ****, Fengru, NiceHCK, DIY... gotta figure out those things first.

Thanks again, looks like that's the place that I should be. :)

NiceHCK EB2 would be a good place to start with buds.

Oct 12, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #13,577 of 31,833
I didn't like the T2 either for the exact same reasons. Then I got the QT2, which retains all the good stuff like T2's neutral and detailed mids, but ditches everything else in favor of a more vigorous textured bass and natural treble extension.

QT2's soundstage compared to the T2 is comparing a mansion to a trailer home. It's THAT huge!

However cannot recommend them for reasons, but I do recommend getting the BQEYZ K2 or KC2. Their sound is virtually identical to the QT2 as I've heard, but with very trivial differences (treble slightly less sharp, mids slightly more bodied).
I think I would try the BQEYZ KC2. I cannot listen on T2 more than an hour, too much fatigue due to the treble. However I liked the midbass. and speed.

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #13,578 of 31,833
Guys, when I look at BQEYZ KC2 tech specs and pics, I can`t stop thinking that it uses KZ ZST DD + KZ ZS5/6 DD + modified(dampened) KZ 30950 BA + maybe BA from Magaosi.... sounds crazy huh?

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #13,579 of 31,833
I think I would try the BQEYZ KC2. I cannot listen on T2 more than an hour, too much fatigue due to the treble. However I liked the midbass. and speed.

Hmmm, treble on BQEYZ is equally bright as well.

Give the B400 a try. It’s treble is smoother and still lively, but nowhere near the level of T2, BQEYZ, etc.

If that’s out of your price range, then perhaps someone could chime in and say if the B100 or B150 is tuned similarly.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #13,580 of 31,833
I'd like to have everyones opinion on this: does the KC2 add something to my collection when I already have my number 1 from the signature, the V80 and T2?

The soundstage of the T2 is quite intimate yes, but I think the placement is outstanding. Every instrument is just so well placed, even in more crowded compositions. Also - I think the treble shines on the T2 as well. What is your reference before the T2?
I dont have any experience with much chi fi before other than the Urban fun hifi Dual driver version with balanced armature. I think i can easily relative the sharpness to the DDriver. The treble on the Urban fun was much more forgiveable and smooth. Again, earbuds sound differ from ear to ear due to the shape of our ears itself. What I am hearing may not be what you are hearing. To my ears, they sounded like this pros and cons
Pros:
Great Imaging
Fast attacks and decays
Flat response
Natural Timbre of instruments like Guitar, violin,
Amazingly micro detailed.

Cons:
Closed in
Less space between instruments( makes mainstream pop unlistenable)
No subbass, bass starts from midbass, makes cello sound thin, electronic music presentation inexciting
Poor scaling, everything is equally loud, no way to identify and big drum from a small drum.Guitars are bigger than drums. :wink:
Lateral soundstage, Not 3d.

This is my feeling after 50 hours + of use. I am giving it up. I am struggling to like it. Problem is , after hearing it I doubt if this much of details is possible at its price on other earphones. My daily headphones are the Beoplay H6, not a earphone. Not apples to apples comparison, but its much more superior in every dimension.(even more details, with everything bigger and better)

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #13,581 of 31,833
Guys, when I look at BQEYZ KC2 tech specs and pics, I can`t stop thinking that it uses KZ ZST DD + KZ ZS5/6 DD + modified(dampened) KZ 30950 BA + maybe BA from Magaosi.... sounds crazy huh?

I’ve never seen the dual bodied BA with the single copper nozzle with the little resistor filter on any other IEM before. So it’s unique to BQEYZ from that perspective.

I’m sure there are others that use that BA driver - I’ve just never seen it before.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #13,582 of 31,833

Give the B400 a try. It’s treble is smoother and still lively, but nowhere near the level of T2, BQEYZ, etc.

If that’s out of your price range, then perhaps someone could chime in and say if the B100 or B150 is tuned similarly.
I think I the problem is not exactly the treble , i dont know how to say it.. its glary! I guess that has something to do with dynamic drivers always.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #13,583 of 31,833

b100 and b150 are nowhere near as linear as the b400. If you want that sound signature better to save your pennies until you can do the 400.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #13,584 of 31,833
NiceHCK EB2 would be a good place to start with buds.

+1 on the EB2 recommendation. It is 90%+ of the EBX sound signature and you can catch them on sale occasionally for $20-30 US.

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #13,585 of 31,833
+1 on the EB2 recommendation. It is 90%+ of the EBX sound signature and you can catch them on sale occasionally for $20-30 US.

Plus the EB2 should be a comfortable fit for most people.

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #13,586 of 31,833

Its also better to get one decent pair than hoard many below par ones. My advice to any one new to this thread, who's just looking for a recommendation, is to stick to a budget and buy one good pair first.

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #13,588 of 31,833
For those in the US, Amazon has the HifiWalker A7 on sale again. $19.89 with 25% off, making it under $15 with prime shipping. Heck of a deal for a triple with MMCX cable.

Well, I need another IEM like I need a hole in the head. But $15 for a metal triple driver with Mmcx cable and nice silicone-lined metal carry case? That’s a no-brainer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back