CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 22, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #12,557 of 31,833
I actually have this Yirumi album in flac and the piano is playing the very high notes, it is sharp enough on the flac album but it is horrendous in the youtube clip
Horrendous as in crackling sound?

I tried it with the headphones that I happened to have at my desk and right at the point you mention, I heard something sharp in my left ear. I expect that my high frequency hearing rolls off sooner than yours (assuming you are younger than I am) so for you it would probably be much more ear piercing. Youtube videos are not known for being the highest quality but some are much more listenable than others. This one is not good.
Weird though. Heard that in my right. I think the word is crackling. Like a faulty speaker. Will try with other headphones to be sure.
Appreciate the response.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #12,559 of 31,833
Aug 22, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #12,560 of 31,833
No I did not hear crackling but more of a metallic ringing sound

Yes, more of a ringing sound but to me it was very high pitched... and yes, metallic.

Cheers. Not even sure about term I'm using.
This probably slightly more accurate. The "if your system volume is set too high, any audio you play might sound scratchy or distorted" kind of sound.
Tested with earpod(the semi in-ear) that came with iPhone, the sound less pronounce but it's there and much subtle.

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #12,561 of 31,833
In the last 2 years or so I've really enjoyed my Soundmagic E10 and have always thought they are the best I'm gonna get for around 50$ but a lot seems to have changed in the Chi-Fi market since I first tried KZ ATE and EDsomething back in 2015.
I am super stoked to have found this thread and since I am not satisfied with my E10 anymore, I will try some of the IEMs suggested in this thread (I find the E10 lacking something about the highs, I am not good with these descriptions).

In the upcoming Aliexpress sale I will definitely pick up the Tin Audio T2. For a second pair I'm thinking ZhiYin Z5000. Maybe even a third pair? Don't know which one thought, some I'd like to try are: FEN-2000, ZSR, ES4, ZS6, BW ES1 w. Mod, TRN V20 and iBasso IT01.

Can anyone recommended some tips for the T2 and Z5000? I've heard standard tips of the T2 are not suitable, but I know nothing about choosing tips.

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #12,562 of 31,833
Z5000 has the biggest soundstage (like you are in a stadium but some eq is required) in the 50 Bucks and lower pricepoint i personally think it can rival some 100 Bucks iem but thats my opinion.. I use KZ ate foam tips for better sealing u need to push it all in.. In the ears with some eq ofcourse .. They have very good bass (basshead levels)

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #12,563 of 31,833
Z5000 has the biggest soundstage (like you are in a stadium but some eq is required) in the 50 Bucks and lower pricepoint i personally think it can rival some 100 Bucks iem but thats my opinion.. I use KZ ate foam tips for better sealing u need to push it all in.. In the ears with some eq ofcourse .. They have very good bass (basshead levels)

its comfort? i see it also have the z5000s upgrade,

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #12,565 of 31,833
It’s probably not the driver arrangement.

It’s more likely the fact that the market is literally flooded with loads and loads of ChiFi IEMs. There’s soooo many decent no-name IEMs sprinkled here and there; it’s dizzying.

I remember back when no one had heard of the Tin Audio T2, or this, or that. I’m sure they could become more popular as more people try them.

Also a lot of people are on budgets, and unwilling to just toss money into a hole being a guinea pig, hoping an IEM is good. Many people wait for certain members to take the plunge first.

It would also help if you did a HeadFi review on them, since you already own them and like them. Then more people would find out about them and perhaps be willing to give them a try.

Although I will say that the reviews on them from this seller didn’t sound very inspiring: http://s.aliexpress.com/uEVv2Q7j

The complaints seem to be a lack of bass. The one guy sealed all 3 vent ports on back, which he said helped (but there was bleed/distortion at higher volume).

Yeah, I'll try get round to doing a review on them this weekend. The more i listen the more I'd say they are close to neutral. Bass funnily enough has the nimbleness of a BA. I tried it vs the Brainwavz B150 and they both had quite similar impact and speed. The B150 sounded bigger/clearer as it's thicker in comparison. I prefer the QS1 as it's overall the more detailed though being brighter and much wider. Not as bright as the Ci880. I will add that QS1 definitely need some juice behind them though to sound their best. I've been using the Artiste DC1 at home and the QS1 out and about.

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #12,566 of 31,833
Today I bought blindly these IEMs, without having read anything about them. There are already several IEMs with the same 2DD + 2BA configuration but I was attracted by its more premium construction, as well as being a more recognized brand.
Has anyone tried them?
I guess it will take 2 weeks to get to my house.

**** DT8:

HTB1VkdNKh1YBuNjy1zcq6zNcXXay.jpg

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-del-auricular-de-DJ/1727211_32909492189.html

Aug 23, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #12,568 of 31,833
I'm super stuck whether to go with Tennmak Pros or FiiO F3. Anyone seen a comparison around or is there anyone that has tried both that could compare them?

I haven't heard the FiiO F3, but the Tennmak Pro does have an elevated Bass & Midbass, so they're fairly warm sounding.

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #12,569 of 31,833
I picked up a pair of Timmkoo C630s for $18 with a coupon on amazon.com thanks to this thread (looks like it's still active, btw), and I think they're fantastic as my cheap dogwalking/travel/etc. IEMs. Very nice little hybrid with great mids and highs, without being fatiguing to me at all. And I just today discovered how deep the sub bass can go, now that I tried it with some dual flange tips that give a really proper seal. Definite upgrade in terms of clarity and comfort compared to the NICEHCK Bro which I had been using for that purpose, and I had been pretty satisfied with the Bro prior to getting the C630s. So, thanks to everyone that discussed the C630 here :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #12,570 of 31,833
...And I just today discovered how deep the sub bass can go, now that I tried it with some dual flange tips that give a really proper seal.

The C630 is a great IEM. Kudos to @Vidal, who turned us all into them. It is wasn’t for him, it would just be another undiscovered diamond in the rough. I hope he’s been doing OK.

BTW, did yours ship with the old translucent whiteish cable, or the new opaque black cable?

As far as sub bass, how low can you go? Check this drop:

Bassssss

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back