CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 17, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #12,481 of 31,833
At least amazon would be good enough to refund me if it came destroyed

I was at least able to turn my rage into a $10 credit

Wait, back when a shipment of mine got damaged in transit and recalled, I received a full refund. Are you saying they didn’t even give you a full refund? That’s BS!

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #12,482 of 31,833
Aug 17, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #12,483 of 31,833
T515 still my favorite as well (followed by i-into i8 and since recently Artiste DC1). Never considered T2 as an option after reading the reviews and looking at frequency graphs (although theoretically, as I outlined on previous page, multi-DD configuration is my favorite... but on T2 they just outsmarted themselves trying to create something even more audiophile-level than T515).

Now, I beg you if you find Black T515, drop me a pm or post here, I just can't find it anywhere. Would be happy to buy more for the future but it is nowhere to be found. I found couple T515s on tmall/taobao. Tried to buy it using superbuy.com but vendor replied that Black was out of stock (even though tmall/taobao has Black as one of the options).

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...inaSiyl7E8dBSgY32YEaAmCvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #12,484 of 31,833
No, no, I don't contest the decision to open them up, I am not sure what to be looking for (?)

Or if there's anything one needs to notice that isn't in order.

Everything seems fine at first sight (?)

I'd be looking at the wiring patterns and making sure each wire goes from the same place on the board to the same location on the drivers. On the Zs10 I had, one driver had the wires crossed so it was out of phase with everything else in the housing.

The other thing you can tell from looking is whether it is machine done or hand done. Once you look at a few of each type, you can usually spot hand soldering vs machine unless the hand solder is just phenomenally clean.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #12,485 of 31,833
At least amazon would be good enough to refund me if it came destroyed

I was at least able to turn my rage into a $10 credit

I picked up the last one I think (joyplus C631), I am not sure they are one I will use, too much midbass for me and the treble signature is not my favorite either. I picked them up as a curiosity. Contact me if interested.

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #12,486 of 31,833
Wait, back when a shipment of mine got damaged in transit and recalled, I received a full refund. Are you saying they didn’t even give you a full refund? That’s BS!
Oh no, this was in addition to the refund.

Thankfully amazon is one of the best in the industry for refunds

Aug 17, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #12,487 of 31,833
It's the Qilian QS1 from AliExpress for $11 (red or blue) or $14 (black). The feedback is "Just ok. Nothing special. Can't bare high volumes or bass on very simple tests. Sounds a little less than MEMT."

Without sounding rude, me and you must be listening to two different earphones? This QS1 (thanks Slater) is actually a very competent little beast. It's nice and open, good detail levels and has very sweet bass. I'm really surprised you found you couldn't bare it at high volumes cos I've hit it with some serious bass tests and it's not distorted once and it actually stays very clean. I'm more than happy with it at the £20 I just spent, but at that price on Aliexepress... less than £10 the QS1 should be quite popular here. It ticks all the budget gem boxes for me. Looks big but it's very comfy.

I'm guessing you're mentioning the MEMT X5. The bass on those is scary good but it can be very fatiguing. The sub bass on the QS1 might not go to the X5 insane levels (not much does lol) but it's very satisfying and has good rumble. The QS1 is the clearer sounding set hands down and MUCH wider... another strength.

The more I listen to it the more i suggest some of you with a spare £10 should try it. It's better than the EMI CI880 as it has better detail and is far more stable

Aug 17, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #12,488 of 31,833
Time after time I tell myself to stop buying hybrid IEMs. I just don't like them. BA always sounds harsh and lifeless.

You should try Brainwavz BA range, B150 and B200 are far from harsh and lifeless

Just like with Magaosi BK50 recently. Good IEM, solid build and nice looking (a bit bulky though so not easiest to fit properly), high quality MMCX cable in the package (really heavy though, definitely not for sport). Bass is not deep enough to my taste and highs are harsh (not eardrum crushing Yersen FEN-2000 type harsh but still piercing).

Hmm, unless the build and signature changed when they made it detachable the BK50 is very light and it's bass hits very decent depth and the highs are smooth (maybe a bit dry with the wrong tips). BK50 is still one of the most open earphones I've listened to. You should use either Spinfits or a smaller Comply foam... makes big difference.

---

To further prove my point, yesterday Artiste DC 1 arrived (double dynamic driver inside). Holy ****, these are amazing. Bass is deeeeeeep. Sound is smooooth. Only lightly V-shaped. Detalisation is superb but with absolutely no sibilance in treble! Soundstage is pretty good (not the best but most certainly above average). Good fit.

Soundstage is bigger with Spinfits. opens them up further and pumps in a bi more air

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #12,489 of 31,833
T515 still my favorite as well (followed by i-into i8 and since recently Artiste DC1). Never considered T2 as an option after reading the reviews and looking at frequency graphs (although theoretically, as I outlined on previous page, multi-DD configuration is my favorite... but on T2 they just outsmarted themselves trying to create something even more audiophile-level than T515).

Now, I beg you if you find Black T515, drop me a pm or post here, I just can't find it anywhere. Would be happy to buy more for the future but it is nowhere to be found. I found couple T515s on tmall/taobao. Tried to buy it using superbuy.com but vendor replied that Black was out of stock (even though tmall/taobao has Black as one of the options).

I've had the gold T515 before I sold them (dumb decision), compared to my current black T515 they are a bit harsher in the high-mids but only by a marginal amount. Unfortunately I think the black model is pretty much sold out everywhere so yeah :/

I'm just planning to get another gold T515 before they get completely sold out as well.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #12,490 of 31,833
wp_20180818_23_27_15_pro.jpg
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QS1...-in-ear-Game-Headset-Aptx-DJ/32876935572.html

Baffled why these aren't popular, really am. Maybe the fact they have 3 dynamics at that price is making potential triers a little cynical. The soundstage on them is off the charts at this price... especially large orchestras.

Very comfy even though look big and bulky.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #12,491 of 31,833
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QS1...-in-ear-Game-Headset-Aptx-DJ/32876935572.html

Baffled why these aren't popular, really am. Maybe the fact they have 3 dynamics at that price is making potential triers a little cynical. The soundstage on them is off the charts at this price... especially large orchestras.

It’s probably not the driver arrangement.

It’s more likely the fact that the market is literally flooded with loads and loads of ChiFi IEMs. There’s soooo many decent no-name IEMs sprinkled here and there; it’s dizzying.

I remember back when no one had heard of the Tin Audio T2, or this, or that. I’m sure they could become more popular as more people try them.

Also a lot of people are on budgets, and unwilling to just toss money into a hole being a guinea pig, hoping an IEM is good. Many people wait for certain members to take the plunge first.

It would also help if you did a HeadFi review on them, since you already own them and like them. Then more people would find out about them and perhaps be willing to give them a try.

Although I will say that the reviews on them from this seller didn’t sound very inspiring: http://s.aliexpress.com/uEVv2Q7j

The complaints seem to be a lack of bass. The one guy sealed all 3 vent ports on back, which he said helped (but there was bleed/distortion at higher volume).

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #12,492 of 31,833

haha, @Slater is right. Have a friend who was quite excited about chi-fi at the beginning and I'd update him on things that got announced that might be good so he could order (started around last year), nowadays its like "oh, another week, another new model". Didn't help that he got an IT04 and just decided to only try TOTL chi-fi from now on.

speaking of 3DD, here's another recent model reviewed by bisonicr, the Kinboofi KBF F60:

http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55715948.html

1c06f95b.jpg

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #12,493 of 31,833
haha, @Slater is right. Have a friend who was quite excited about chi-fi at the beginning and I'd update him on things that got announced that might be good so he could order (started around last year), nowadays its like "oh, another week, another new model". Didn't help that he got an IT04 and just decided to only try TOTL chi-fi from now on.

speaking of 3DD, here's another recent model reviewed by bisonicr, the Kinboofi KBF F60:

http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55715948.html

1c06f95b.jpg

I think we should start a campaign, "come to head-fi bisonicr"

Aug 19, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #12,494 of 31,833
Really random out of the blue post here

Was going through some old boxes last night and stumbled across my old Soundmagic Pl50.
Dusty as anything as hadn't been used for years and the plug was caked in dirt, so I cleaned them up, still a bit static on the plug but getting better, Anyways I'd completely forgotten how damn good these are, seriously.

Buttery superb mids.....Those mids......Those mids!!! lol
Now I remember why I loved these.
Zero fatigue, smooth bass, and the Mids......(Yup :ksc75smile:) and a Wonderful treble, So easy to listen to.
Some used to say boring.....Nope just gorgeous, I still find them very engaging indeed.
In my recent time of chI fi purchases I've not come across anything as good as these.....Yet.
So glad I've found them.

Aug 19, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #12,495 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back