CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 22, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #11,566 of 31,859
Just wait for the 11.11 sale. The T2 goes on sale in the mid-high $20 range. That leaves plenty of room in your budget for a cable.

The other option to stay within your budget is to modify a regular cable and make it balanced. All you do is cut off the plug and add whatever balanced plug you need (2.5mm, etc).

uh, balanced cable and mic?

Jun 22, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #11,567 of 31,859

Oh, yeah I must have missed that.

There’s no such thing as a balanced cable with mic.

The extra ground required for a balanced connection takes the place of the mic signal contact on the TRRS plug.

It’s one of the other - mic or balanced. Not both.

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #11,568 of 31,859
Hey guys. This is my first post. I've been looking at reviews all over and have finally come to head-fi for help. I am looking for an iem for around 45$ which is balanced and has a mic. I prefer neutral over v shaped and isolation is a must.
All suggestions have pointed to the tin t2 but replacing the mmcx with a mic cable breaks the budget. I was sure of the **** 6in1 but read somewhere that it is all hype. I would like some perspective. Thanks in advance.

Slater's suggestion is a good one.

If you need something in the interim see if you can find the ADAX HT06 in your country.

61Qy-n9YnwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51aneZ49SdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In other news, I never picked up the Magaosi BK50 because it was only offered with a cable but the BK50 Pro is calling my name.

51HaMOizrSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The tin t2 is very good. But have you considered the XXXXXXXXXX? Its by far my fav iem (I have about 30. I know I have a problem). It comes with a Mic or there are reasonable 3 button cables available for about £4 or 5$. It has base but is also very clear. I really like it. If you are fixed on neutral as a signature you can find deals on the mee 6 pro. Its a bit neutral for my taste but is a quality iem and comes with two cables, one of which has a Mic. Hope this helps.

Welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet.

Most new posters are unaware of the "banned sellers" list but please edit your post.

We prefer not to have the thread locked down.

HeadFi Banned ChiFi Info:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

Welcome to our world.

2018-06-22-12-03-25--1164306735.jpg

Attachments

• 51HaMOizrSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    51HaMOizrSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #11,569 of 31,859

BTW, rereading the OPs requirements, I notice that he meant balanced SOUNDING with a mic cable. Not a balanced CABLE that also has a mic. LOL

So yeah, I still stand by my original suggestion.

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #11,570 of 31,859
According to your taste, you can't please everybody. :wink: But, what makes a company different is to come out with something unique, instead of many "copy-cat" branded in-ear earphones you see everyday. So, though it might look ugly to you, it looks unique to me and others that already put in for the order.

The unique housing and inner-tuning is what's taking these awesome IEM's to a different level. :sunglasses:

NOW THIS IS UGLY....:dizzy_face:

WOW, for a minute there I actually thought you were going to recommend them? lol

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #11,571 of 31,859
Hey guys. This is my first post. I've been looking at reviews all over and have finally come to head-fi for help. I am looking for an iem for around 45$ which is balanced and has a mic. I prefer neutral over v shaped and isolation is a must.
All suggestions have pointed to the tin t2 but replacing the mmcx with a mic cable breaks the budget. I was sure of the **** 6in1 but read somewhere that it is all hype. I would like some perspective. Thanks in advance.

Buy these and save yourself $30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y52D5WM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Called E-MI CI880

Check Audiobudget https://audiobudget.com/product/TIMMKOO/C630

I've already commented on their sound but wow... £10. It's been a while since I've had them but they remind me of the HiFiMan re-400 signature but with more sub bass... when paired with a neutral AMP. I've got the TFZ Exclusive 5 sitting next to me unopened still. Although had some good advice recently about not listening to new gear after spending the day with something else.

EDIT : I'm not saying they are on the level of the re-400, just that they share a similar signature... both having lots similar levels of detail

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #11,574 of 31,859
Buy these and save yourself $30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y52D5WM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Called E-MI CI880

Check Audiobudget https://audiobudget.com/product/TIMMKOO/C630

I've already commented on their sound but wow... £10. It's been a while since I've had them but they remind me of the HiFiMan re-400 signature but with more sub bass... when paired with a neutral AMP. I've got the TFZ Exclusive 5 sitting next to me unopened still. Although had some good advice recently about not listening to new gear after spending the day with something else.

EDIT : I'm not saying they are on the level of the re-400, just that they share a similar signature... both having lots similar levels of detail
Well since I have a tight budget I'd rather spend all my saved money on a durable and long lasting IEM even if it costs more. I like what Slater said about waiting for the sale which is a great suggestion. Thanks @Slater
I'd also like an option where I dont have to wait for a few months because I had two IEMs (Tennmak Pro and KZ ATE) both of which do not work anymore so I'll have to go months without an IEM to wait for the sale.

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #11,575 of 31,859
Well since I have a tight budget I'd rather spend all my saved money on a durable and long lasting IEM even if it costs more. I like what Slater said about waiting for the sale which is a great suggestion. Thanks @Slater
I'd also like an option where I dont have to wait for a few months because I had two IEMs (Tennmak Pro and KZ ATE) both of which do not work anymore so I'll have to go months without an IEM to wait for the sale.

I’d get a KZ EDR1 to use in the mean time while you wait for the 11.11 sale. It sounds awesome, and runs $3-$4. Perfect for a tight budget. For the price, it will blow you away (seriously).

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #11,576 of 31,859
Are you sure its not a cable problem with the tennmaks?

Jun 23, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #11,578 of 31,859
The postman came with these (Boarseman KR49 black and KR25D gold) i completely forgot i ever ordered these because someone mentioned there's a sale like $11 for both of them, so i bought them on a whim.

I should say it's a pleasant surprise. Can't find a fault on the sound, especially considering the price. Coherent tuning on both, with bigger bass on the 49 and slightly wider soundstage on the 25D. Other points between them are similar.

I personally prefer the sound of the KR49 more, also it has the better built material and cables.

20180623_133320.jpg

Jun 23, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #11,579 of 31,859

I’d get a KZ EDR1 to use in the mean time while you wait for the 11.11 sale. It sounds awesome, and runs $3-$4. Perfect for a tight budget. For the price, it will blow you away (seriously).
Getting the EDR1 while waiting is a terrific idea, but you don't really need another cable for the T2 in my opinion. The one that comes with it passes trough a lot of detail and feels very sturdy. Also: you can wear it over the ear and regular. I wouldn't wait half a year in all honestly. You'll regret it afterwards. :wink:

Jun 23, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #11,580 of 31,859
I wouldn't wait half a year in all honestly. You'll regret it afterwards. :wink:
I agree; waiting half a year to save ~$10 is silly for something you want to get right now, IMO.

@x666x ,You can get the T2 right now for $34 if you use the aliexpress app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back