CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #11,551 of 31,859
Haha, no disrespect intended; I have 2 CM5 myself!

I just meant I would prefer better sound and a more subdued appearance :)

I know... but bananas? Maybe if they were yellow... with brown speckles... although I prefer mine with green ends:)

I have too much stuff. It has been ages since I have listened to the CM5. Just too many good choices and not enough time.

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #11,552 of 31,859
I know... but bananas? Maybe if they were yellow... with brown speckles... although I prefer mine with green ends:)

I have too much stuff. It has been ages since I have listened to the CM5. Just too many good choices and not enough time.

Not enough time for the CM5? That’s just B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

B3CD9ED6-F4F0-4439-AA27-064640E50ED4.jpeg
109161D3-F28D-48CD-97CD-1A210E684137.jpeg

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #11,554 of 31,859
I agree with You and good that You like them but to me, even if it sounds good, they look total instant turn-off - they are not ergonomically designed (which is my main gripe about these), look cheap plastic toy (many plastic IEMs look lot nicer imo).
But I have to give credit about unique look though - hard to design something unique nowdays.
:thumbsup:

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #11,556 of 31,859
Wow! That really does look so identical to that bunch of bananas...:point_left::smiley:

I know, right? haha

UiiSii only released a translucent red, blue, and black color. But it would have been totally hilarious if they had released a yellow color haha

Maybe one of these days when I'm really bored I'll bust out a wooden faceplate for one of my pairs. That would look totally badass - @CoiL would approve :)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #11,557 of 31,859
I know, right? haha

UiiSii only released a translucent red, blue, and black color. But it would have been totally hilarious if they had released a yellow color haha

Maybe one of these days when I'm really bored I'll bust out a wooden faceplate for one of my pairs. That would look totally badass - @CoiL would approve :)
Haha!...almost spilled my beverage drink all over myself! :laughing:

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #11,558 of 31,859
Jun 22, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #11,559 of 31,859
I have a newer version w/ the old ****ty cable

How do you know it’s the new version? Does your have the large nozzle or the tag on the cable or something?

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #11,560 of 31,859
I have a newer version w/ the old ****ty cable

How do you know it’s the new version? Does your have the large nozzle or the tag on the cable or something?
This ^

The new cable is markedly better than the original but it's still not 'great', like the HyperSense HEX02 or QKZ W1 Pro, for example.

The original X5 cable was a stiff and unyielding beast with really bad microphonics.

Jun 22, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #11,561 of 31,859
We actually discussed it in this thread quite a while ago; mine came with a tag, and has the wider nozzle

It also has a different y connector piece, and it seems only the newer models have it based on aliexpress pictures
This ^

The new cable is markedly better than the original but it's still not 'great', like the HyperSense HEX02 or QKZ W1 Pro, for example.

The original X5 cable was a stiff and unyielding beast with really bad microphonics.
Is the newer one white with a clear coating around it?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #11,562 of 31,859
https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/harman-tweaks-its-headphone-target-response

I wanna discuss harman target for in-ears headphones
i see
1) a good sub bass boost and lowered upper mid bass to reduce mid bass bleed and muddiness which is good
2) a high peak at 3khz which i dont understand (for better harmonics maybe)
3) a relatively high 8khz need explanation for that (better cymbals maybe)
4) a sharp rolloff at 16khz for in ears ( why not 20khz?)

i was looking for one ideal allround equalization for my KZ ES4 and Rose North Forest separately so i came across this article posted here in some thread i dont remember

Jun 22, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #11,563 of 31,859
We actually discussed it in this thread quite a while ago; mine came with a tag, and has the wider nozzle

It also has a different y connector piece, and it seems only the newer models have it based on aliexpress pictures

Is the newer one white with a clear coating around it?

Sorry, I forgot about that. You’re right I remember you had that weird Frankenstein version with half old version and half new version.

Jun 22, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #11,564 of 31,859
Hey guys. This is my first post. I've been looking at reviews all over and have finally come to head-fi for help. I am looking for an iem for around 45$ which is balanced and has a mic. I prefer neutral over v shaped and isolation is a must.
All suggestions have pointed to the tin t2 but replacing the mmcx with a mic cable breaks the budget. I was sure of the **** 6in1 but read somewhere that it is all hype. I would like some perspective. Thanks in advance.

Jun 22, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #11,565 of 31,859
Hey guys. This is my first post. I've been looking at reviews all over and have finally come to head-fi for help. I am looking for an iem for around 45$ which is balanced and has a mic. I prefer neutral over v shaped and isolation is a must.
All suggestions have pointed to the tin t2 but replacing the mmcx with a mic cable breaks the budget. I was sure of the **** 6in1 but read somewhere that it is all hype. I would like some perspective. Thanks in advance.

Just wait for the 11.11 sale. The T2 goes on sale in the mid-high $20 range. That leaves plenty of room in your budget for a cable.

The other option to stay within your budget is to modify a regular cable and make it balanced. All you do is cut off the plug and add whatever balanced plug you need (2.5mm, etc).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back