CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 24, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #10,967 of 31,833
Thanks! First, I will try them out this way a bit. The punctuation failed, the removal of the filter was too easy. Behold the work of a true mod pro! :p

I don’t sense any lack of bass, so I’ll see if I want to punch the other hole as well.

What is all of the black stuff blocking all of the space in the nozzle? It looks like glue, a rubber ring, or something? Whatever it is, seems to be blocking a lot of sound from the dynamic drivers.

nozzle.jpeg

Also, that included red-cored ear tip looks to be too narrow (again, necking down and blocking sound). I would try some sort of wide bore tip personally.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #10,968 of 31,833
6FB8C254-2B6B-4CC5-AA12-2E66976DC2E0.jpeg B5AFC063-444B-433C-8277-A49B885FF822.jpeg

I don’t know, looks like there’s a Klingon vessel in there man. :p

May 24, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #10,969 of 31,833
Rose aurora is discontinued model, and is compared to rhapsodio clipper ad not zhiyin z5000.

Zhiyin z5000 is a technical monster tuned toward bass and rose aurora is faster and more clear rhapsodio clipper.

Zhiyin z5000 is very fast and dynamic punch is above all iem under 80$.

Rose aurora is like litlle less bassy then z5000 and with some sparkle on treble. But zhiyin speed is way more than aurora
Can you remember/tell me what frequencies are boosted?

For example, I currently have KZ ZS3 and I like them, but I feel that there is some bass bleed due to a much wider range of frequencies being boosted. I prefer the boost to be mainly around the 40-80 Hz area.

May 24, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #10,970 of 31,833

I don’t know, looks like there’s a Klingon vessel in there man. :p

Yeah, that looks like clear crusty glue. I would try and clear as much of that as possible using tweezers. Just don't let the chunks fall down into the IEM. You can hold it over your head (facing down) as you break the glue up. That will cause the pieces to fall AWAY from the IEM (and towards the floor). Make sense?

Untitled drawing (2).jpg

May 24, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #10,971 of 31,833
Yeah, that looks like clear crusty glue. I would try and clear as much of that as possible using tweezers. Just don't let the chunks fall down into the IEM. You can hold it over your head (facing down) as you break the glue up. That will cause the pieces to fall AWAY from the IEM (and towards the floor). Make sense?

You make it sound so simple! Have you seen my pierced filters? :p Haha, will try this - many thanks!

May 24, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #10,972 of 31,833
You make it sound so simple! Have you seen my pierced filters? :p Haha, will try this - many thanks!

Well, don’t do anything you’re not comfortable with or that is beyond your skill level (or eyesight level). If you’re happy with the changes so far, just leave it at that and enjoy.

At a minimum, this is all documented so others who have the v60 will be able check theirs.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #10,973 of 31,833
No, I meant that if you were in the US (like I am) I have some bluetooth stuff I could have sent you. But because you are not in the US, shipping would cost too much.

Lol i'm sorry I totally didnt follow. That's a very nice offer! What sort of bluetooth stuff do you have? I don't mind paying the shipping costs to Canada. Regardless, very nice of you :)

May 24, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #10,974 of 31,833

That glue is actually a plastic covering that keeps the BA centered in place. It’s looks like it got twisted around a about 45 degrees, mine is aligned on both sides and looks fine. It may have been dislodged while taking out the grill maybe? Or just poor QC.

@Bartig I’d highly recommend replacing the stock cable, even the stock KZ cable sounded better (though I don’t like it’s ergonomics). It will be less veiled, more clarity.

With the basic mods it’s really gotten a whole lot better. Will try to do some quick comparisons with cm5, nicehck bro among others. I have a feeling it’ll fare quite well

May 24, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #10,978 of 31,833
Am liking these much more than I was expecting. Really quite impressive.

If I'm not mistaken, this is from a brand related to the banned sellers? might be wise to check up on it and remove if needed (pity, I was interested since I heard its quite good and there's a quad hybrid coming)

May 24, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #10,979 of 31,833
Trn v60 (modded) vs uiisii cm5:

CM5
- neutral sound, all-rounder
- highs more extended, better reprentation of instruments
- some sibilance
- vocals are thinner
- less resolution, imaging
- flatter soundstage

TRN V60
- elevated bass, L -shape
- warm, darker sound
- treble is rolled off, no sibilance
- fuller vocals, more clarity & resolution
- bigger soundstage, better perception of depth

I have zsa on the way so I’m looking forward to how they compare as well.

May 24, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #10,980 of 31,833
If I'm not mistaken, this is from a brand related to the banned sellers? might be wise to check up on it and remove if needed (pity, I was interested since I heard its quite good and there's a quad hybrid coming)

Correct, banned. Info is in my signature link.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back