CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 24, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #10,951 of 31,833
Allright! So I will have to either punctuate or remove the filter? Will try the first first.

I’d like some help with the filter removal, never modded before apart from putting a sticker on the Tin Audio T2 bass vent.

Well, you use a very fine (and sharp) sewing needle for both methods.

If you don't have any sewing needles, you can buy a whole pack of them at many stores for about $1 (walmart, any fabric store, any craft store like Michaels, possibly a Dollar store, etc). They are extremely useful to have anyways, and it is easily the 1 tool I use more than anything when working on and modding IEMs.

- For the "poke holes" method, you use your needle to poke the individual holes of the nozzle screen. Then you move the needle around in a circular motion, so your fingers and the needle make the motion in the shape of the cone of a funnel (if that makes sense). You will see the hole open up larger. Then you simply move onto the next hole and so on, until all of the holes are opened up like IEM in the left side of the photo I posted above.

- For the removal of the nozzle screen, you would use the needle and stick it under the edge of the screen, then GENTLY lift it up. If you have ever opened a paint can before, it is the same idea: https://thediyplaybook.com/2014/06/how-to-openclose-paint-can-without-mess.html

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #10,952 of 31,833
Update, from this guy.
Improved bass with pucturing a small hole inthe vent.

https://twitter.com/palm_house/status/999492363885019137?s=19

1rEWfa6TsvAaJ0Y_u58Lkaxrh-Ds1zj5FBydGieG3w8HFOBuYWwhgvQE6WGkd2mfNUTbug8q1Ki3SE3eJA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg
Wow, this guy helped a lot
It’s a significant improvement, worth doing both steps and not sure why this isn’t the stock sound.

TRN V60 Mod

Step 1. Get rid of grill at the nozzle using a safety pin to lift it off and expose balanced armature (blue arrow). Don’t worry about breaking or saving the grill because it’s useless!

AC47DD10-D8A1-4889-90A1-4F53CC857667.jpeg
Replace opening with steel mesh as Slater suggested.

Step 2. (Optional, may induce driver flex)

Improve bass by poking hole with the same needle/safety pin at the air port (red arrow). There’s a membrane beneath the hole, some kind of white glue stretchy thing. Once that’s done, don’t panic like I did because it sounds absolutely terrible. Grab a tiny piece of micropore tape (which I found in a first aid kit) and cover it up. Bass is not as bloated or slow yet still retains that fun sound. more balanced and less fatiguing overall. Here’s a pic of the micropore tape.
4C23E22D-1E83-4701-88BD-0944A5DF9EC1.jpeg
Sharpie it black if the look bothers you.

Step 3/4

Replace stock cable with silver plated cable (or better) and find the right tip for yourself (kz starline or jacket spiral dots for me).

Now if anyone can suggest a way to minimize the driver flex without altering the bass too much, I’m open to suggestions. But it’s something I’d gladly sacrifice. The sound is more balanced, vocals are more intimate, soundstage is bigger and resolution/clarity is improved. The signature is still fun and warm..I’ll take it.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #10,956 of 31,833
Thanks! First, I will try them out this way a bit. The punctuation failed, the removal of the filter was too easy. Behold the work of a true mod pro! :p

C0B6008E-1137-4C7F-A65F-9598A0DDF55E.jpeg

I don’t sense any lack of bass, so I’ll see if I want to punch the other hole as well.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #10,957 of 31,833
Thanks! First, I will try them out this way a bit. The punctuation failed, the removal of the filter was too easy. :p

I don’t sense any lack of bass, so I’ll see if I want to punch the other hole as well.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. The bass vent mod is to decrease the bass so it’s not so bloated or overpowering. Not necessary if you like it boomy that way but I feel the bass is tighter and not as fatiguing for longer listening periods. Just caution that it’s a one way street. Once you do It there’s no going back to the original sound. But honestly it’s just a slight adjustment. Not as major as removing the grill..

May 24, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #10,960 of 31,833
RIP 12.99 CM5 train is over, I regret not buying a few backups.

Edit: man, It feels bad. I keep coming back to CM5 and I can't explain why. IT01, T2, KZ ZS10 and I still reach for the CM5. whyyyy

Edit 2: false alarm, 40% taken at checkout. Time to grab 2 spares. ****kk its not discounting RIIIP. K i'm dumb its a coupon now.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #10,962 of 31,833
Can someone please make a short comparison between the Rose Aurora and the ZhiYin Z5000? I get that both have great bass extension but what low frequency range is most emphasized on each? Mids? Highs?
Rose aurora is discontinued model, and is compared to rhapsodio clipper ad not zhiyin z5000.

Zhiyin z5000 is a technical monster tuned toward bass and rose aurora is faster and more clear rhapsodio clipper.

Zhiyin z5000 is very fast and dynamic punch is above all iem under 80$.

Rose aurora is like litlle less bassy then z5000 and with some sparkle on treble. But zhiyin speed is way more than aurora

May 24, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #10,963 of 31,833
how to remove echo i get in my music with equalization
which frequencies should i decrease?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back