CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 9, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #91 of 31,833
Rap is a delight with the Zircon, way more natural sounding and well controlled than the KZ ZN1-ZS1.

Feel I repeat myself here, but i'm in the mood the praise the Rock Zircon!!!

As said, you most have memory foam tips because with the Zircon it's just silicone tips, It can be problematic with the Nano Zircon because of the earhook that pull out the earphone of your ear if the fit isn't perfect.
Zircon doesn't sound bad with any DAP I use, will try it right now with my terribly bassy Ipod touch to see....

(1 minutes later)
Holy crap! Sound good even if the Ipod sound is quite brightish-mids-all-frequencies tweaked. Zircon is a great all arounder for sure and can deal with everything. I listen to Tipper (album:Broken Soul Jamboree). Now for metal, i'm not exactly a metal head but Mike Patton can be quite harcore when he want too in some project, so I try TETEMA wich is somekind of experimental metal, and know what: Zircon done it again. Soundstage is enormous and instruments separation excell for an Ipod, the sound can't be more clean that what the source give so bass is less beautifull than with my Xduoo X3 or Ibasso Dx90, still, it's a very energic and warm sound.

May 12, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #92 of 31,833
Thanks for getting back to me!

i have been doing more reading since i posted the question, this is the crossroad i'm at:

i can buy a few cheaper headphones, but deal with my wife complaining that i got too many headphones 
or i can just buy 1 more expensive one, i'm leaning towards shozy zeros that's got so much hype.

i was looking at the PMV-A01 but what you said is true, to listen all day i probably want something darker

that said, now you're making me want to get the zircons!

anyway i listen to a lot of 00s indie rock
a bit of dance
and sometimes i really enjoy some good vocals, florence and the machine, regina spektor - samson (great track)

but when i don't want to think, i just use my spotify discover weekly playlist

which begs another question, does it really matter if i listen to 320kbits compressed music?? haha

maybe i can just get the zircons and call it a day!

May 13, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #95 of 31,833
Recently  I get UiiSii US80 as free sample for a review of amazon.co.jp . This is good impression.   I don't know about HM7 but know about C100 (approx $5 in aliexpress).The early stage of C100 is light and more background noise but ,after 100 hours of it is less background noise to grow up clear. The C100 is basically wider sound stage. and also other said on a reviews on amazon.co.jp (This reviewers is a buyer and seems to know well about Chinese earphones.) that C100 is lower class of HM7. and then, C100 might be a good option around $5 iems but not be a good one less than $30.  Now I have the first impression of UiiSii US80  are good isolation and wide soundstage.on the class of $10-15 earphones. US80 has good sound as well as good build quality. this is for average listeners or audiophiles not bassheads. IMO, UiiSii's all earphones might bring us at least better impression than average although there are some evaluation from Mr.Igor.

PS.
Recent  brief impression about some earphones. 
Joyroom 107 is better impression for me  than 109 possibly because I might be an audiophile. 107 is already a famous iems around head-fi. ★★★★★
Gevo GV2 : average widestage and slightly narrow frequency range, slightly good isolation.  this is for average listeners not for bassheads. ★★★☆
Remax 303:  Remax 303 is less treble than VE Monk but I think this earbuds is as the same league of VE Monk. and also 303 has smaller DD (about 14mm) than VE Monk. thus this is compact. ★★★★
Unfortunately, My brain is slightly confusion about earphones. and then I can only write my brief impression. 

★= 1, ☆=0.5 Max 5 stars. for sound.

May 14, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #96 of 31,833
Ok, I think I'm liking my piston 3s again.

I decided to play it's the eq a bit and bring up the mids, wow what a difference! Getting some foam buds to boost comfort, this time I got the round ones, ts200 clones

Will report back :)

May 14, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #100 of 31,833
Tenmak iem are also good. Listening to my tenmak piano now. Good instrument separation, punchy and tidy bass and subbass can dig deep when needed.

your comment is good mate! i always trust your ears

May 14, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #101 of 31,833
your comment is good mate! i always trust your ears

I'm pretty keen to try some of those new zhiyin iems! Need something durable for work and I like the detachable cable. Plus they're cheap enough I wouldn't be too upset if I lost them.

May 14, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #102 of 31,833
I'm pretty keen to try some of those new zhiyin iems! Need something durable for work and I like the detachable cable. Plus they're cheap enough I wouldn't be too upset if I lost them.

not sure if qt5 is that good. its cheaper than flc8s which has claimed legendary status for being one of the best mid fi iems by a small sum of $. can it replicate hmmm

May 17, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #103 of 31,833
  is there a ranking list?

Hi,
the first post is a ''Best of list'', ranking will be perhaps in a futur when I will have collect ALL good chinese brands earphones. It will be hard because It's near impossible to me to listen to all the chinese earphones of the market...I buy what I'm pretty confident that will sound good and man, it make 15 pairs I buy!! A gentle headfier help me with 3 other pairs that I will listen. The jlistening ourney just begin!
I put link to full reviews for some earphones, so you can read this too to help your choice.

Cheers!

May 17, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #104 of 31,833
Guys, I have a new contender that cost less than 15$, is super sexyyyyyyy and sound EXCELLENT!!!

Check theses beauties, yes, it's normal that a ''Déja vu'' impression hit you, it's the SWING IE800 OEM:

One of my more trustable appreciation technic about earphones is quite simple: it's my SUBCONSCIOUS hehe

When my subconscious drive me repeatedly to some specific earphones like an obsessive zomby, it's a good sign, it mean that I can't live without this type of sound and lot of earphones been forget in this capricious and instinctive attraction.
Fact: I always come back to the Swing IE800 and they sound especially good with the Xduoo X3 that have a laid back sound that complement well the detailed one of IE800.

The SWING IE800 sound AMAZING for their size, I suggest foam tip with them and a good positioning so the soundstage can blossom (if you push it too much inside your ears it congest the sound), the sound is on the bright side but a gentle one, the details is near-analitical and treble is sparkly. Bass is punchy, not enormous but there, sub bass too...at this size I don,t understand how it's possible but from all the sub-50$ earphones I hear they are among the more audiophile one, the soundsignature is very elegant and complexe and they are easy to drive too. I don't even read any reviews of them before buying from Easy Earphones on Aliexpress (they are the only one to got them I think) but I read some after and people got hysterical about the SWING IE800 and it's for a very good reason! They are a all-arounder too, I listen to IDM as well as Classical and all type of acoustic instrumental. Treble sparkle very beautifully with acoustic guitars, violin have texture, I will say the only drawback (I must find one!) is the bass extension, as said, it's there and well articulated but there not enough air for the bass to extend fully his roundness, but for this reason it do not bleed on any other frequencies. This earphones are a MUST, construction is beautifull and sturdy and the sound is just WOW.

May 17, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #105 of 31,833
  Guys, I have a new contender that cost less than 15$, is super sexyyyyyyy and sound EXCELLENT!!!

Check theses beauties, yes, it's normal that a ''Déja vu'' impression hit you, it's the SWING IE800 OEM:

One of my more trustable appreciation technic about earphones is quite simple: it's my SUBCONSCIOUS hehe

When my subconscious drive me repeatedly to some specific earphones like an obsessive zomby, it's a good sign, it mean that I can't live without this type of sound and lot of earphones been forget in this capricious and instinctive attraction.
Fact: I always come back to the Swing IE800 and they sound especially good with the Xduoo X3 that have a laid back sound that complement well the detailed one of IE800.

The SWING IE800 sound AMAZING for their size, I suggest foam tip with them and a good positioning so the soundstage can blossom (if you push it too much inside your ears it congest the sound), the sound is on the bright side but a gentle one, the details is near-analitical and treble is sparkly. Bass is punchy, not enormous but there, sub bass too...at this size I don,t understand how it's possible but from all the sub-50$ earphones I hear they are among the more audiophile one, the soundsignature is very elegant and complexe and they are easy to drive too. I don't even read any reviews of them before buying from Easy Earphones on Aliexpress (they are the only one to got them I think) but I read some after and people got hysterical about the SWING IE800 and it's for a very good reason! They are a all-arounder too, I listen to IDM as well as Classical and all type of acoustic instrumental. Treble sparkle very beautifully with acoustic guitars, violin have texture, I will say the only drawback (I must find one!) is the bass extension, as said, it's there and well articulated but there not enough air for the bass to extend fully his roundness, but for this reason it do not bleed on any other frequencies. This earphones are a MUST, construction is beautifull and sturdy and the sound is just WOW.

Wellll just one more to add to my wishlist I guess. 
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back