CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 3, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #76 of 31,833
  GREAT!
I think I see them one time and was intrigued by the potential of their form factor.

Where can we find them at this steal 5$ price????

And what sound signature we get?

Better than the Xiaomi.....oh miiiiiiiiiiiii!
Thanks for the suggestions bhazard!!

Right now i'm into the Rock Zircon Nano that are an impressive beast to say the least. Soundstage is enormous, as well as the bass but in a good way. Comfort is a hit or miss

They were on sale a week or two ago from their website, lemall.com. They look quite nice and sound good, but nowhere near the $50+ level.

May 4, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #77 of 31,833
I'm looking at getting some cheap iems, thinking around $20 but don't mind going over a bit if it's a considerable jump up in SQ
Was looking at the shozy zero for example, but isolation is important to me as I will be using them in louder environments, so it can't be overly open
I don't care for any freq range in particular. I dislike it when the mids sound "off" (I expect anyone who is used to higher SQ to be similar) but my main concern is that it's fairly balanced without feeling thin and lifeless, or slightly U sounding signature.
I can't stand thin bass but I also hate spillage into the lower mids and slow/bloated/hard to seperate notes. Again with treble I'm not a fan of the really laid back but I don't want a fatiguing grado experience. I don't care about soundstage all that much, my main concerns are overall balance (not lacking in any freq range, though i'd rather be lacking in mids than bass or treble) and decay/note separation.
I don't really listen to particularly fast music at the moment, mainly hip-hop and metal, but I do still listen to faster stuff.
I'm not expecting it to sound amazing but I don't want something that sounds cheap either.

May 4, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #78 of 31,833
The Rock Zircon are a pretty safe cheap choice for Rap and pop in general, Metal I can't say.

They are 10$ right now at HCK Aliexpress store:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100-Original-Rock-Luxury-Zircon-Stereo-Headphones-Headset-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbuds-For-IPhone/1825606_32471175916.html

It isn't exactly neutral earphones, a little bassy because it got a good sub bass response, mids are warm and more foward than other Vshaped earphones so I think we can say it's a good energic U shaped sound.

The KZ ed9 have LOT of praise here, kind of the king of bang for the buck in sound quality and have changeable noozle for different sounsignature...price is around 9-14$ on Aliexpress.

I listen to the less know and more dark sounding **** F05 in-ear right now and like it more and more, they are amazing with jazz and classical, now I try with fast experimental rock and it isn't bad at all. My player is a DX80 using DAC option on my mac. really, anything from the list is no-brainer, it's more about the soundsignature you want.
What is your principal music source????

May 4, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #79 of 31,833
Not quite sure about that mate
rolleyes.gif

Anyway they look very interesting with their gigantic 13mm drivers!!

But yes, it all depend with what earphones we compare too, anyway, even with 500$ earphones I don't feel it sound ''perfect'' with all type of music I listen too.
Look like sinergy is a DAP-Earphones capricious and even hasardous thing.
Will they make beautifull baby or not when they coupled togheter?
Nothing is less sure...

For example my Plextone S50 sound bad with both DX80-90 players and sound utterly delicious with Xduoo X3.

May 4, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #80 of 31,833
Originally Posted by Nymphonomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Rock Zircon are a pretty safe cheap choice for Rap and pop in general, Metal I can't say.

I listen to the less know and more dark sounding **** F05 in-ear right now and like it more and more, they are amazing with jazz and classical, now I try with fast experimental rock and it isn't bad at all. My player is a DX80 using DAC option on my mac. really, anything from the list is no-brainer, it's more about the soundsignature you want.
What is your principal music source????

I'd say Zircon is quite good for metal.  They are warm and have a strong midrange, and the non-analytical diffusion of notes combines well with metal since metal uses lots of distortion on guitars, etc.  That's assuming someone isn't looking for a more analytical, pinpoint presentation of notes.  Guitar solos in the highs might lack some excitement, but they also won't wear you out, either.

They still come with lots of bass, though.  Plenty of sub-bass that hangs around if the song has sub-bass, (but metal isn't known for lots of sub-bass), and kick drums can be overpowering imo, like a hammer hitting you in the head.  I think I'm thinking of when I used it with different tips though that cleaned up the bass a bit but also focused it, making it hit harder in that zone. For some people, that would be a plus.  Regardless, they have a lot of bass and warmth.

The blurb in the first post says Zircon has crisp highs.  I wouldn't describe them that way.  They're airy and diffused.  That's what helps make them fun, though.

The **** F05 looks interesting.  Reading one review of it just now says they are more on the bright side.  
How does the soundstage size compare to Zircon?  I'm guessing it's bigger, but the big holes in the back have me assuming they leak a good bit of sound.  

May 4, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #81 of 31,833
 Your right about the Zircon, but I do not listen to metal a lot, more into post-rock, progressive rock, but some stuffs like the group ''Battles'' it's extremly fast and heavy on guitars and if the big bass of zircon wasn't there the sound will be harsh and bright, it give a good weight to the sound.
I was considering the sounstage of Zircon way above average, quite big to be honnest, but only with the Shure foam tips ,with my ears it give more bass and more soundstage, very airy and engaging.

About the **** F05, I listen to them right now again with the DX80 my friend lend me for a month. Yes they are bright but if your player is warm like the Dx80, Xduoo X3, Ibasso 601 or ihifi 812V2 it will sound very very good, and the dark-bright sound became a very addictive one. They need some burn in, like 20hours or more before this kind of congested brightess open to a more neutral dark sound that can open and be very surprising with the right DAP. You can have them for 11$ in HCK aliexpress store:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-High-quality-Double-Moving-Coil-In-ear-Dynamic-Headphones-Professional-Earphone-Fever-Double-Unit-With/32380550286.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.270.pjcDEN
The bass is way less present than Zircon, more dry too, but it permit to other instruments to reach you ears more easily. I like the instrument separation too, this earphones feel like audiophile sound, they are dark and serious but permit to enjoy a fuller audio experience. Ah, and, no, the soundstage is smaller I think *because I find the Zircon one enormous), but the sound fluidity is fuller and more articulate. Make me remember very good sennheiser earphones. For the **** F05 I do not use memory foam tips because it will strangle the already shy bass.

May 6, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #84 of 31,833
  One of my biggest issues with iem's is either having bloated/amped up bass or simply lacking and feeling very thin.. anyone know examples in between these ranges?

I understand what you say, too much earphones have bassy soundsignature that rumble and go out of control, or the earphones have a bright, analytical soundsignature and forget about roundness of bass impact.

If you search in sub-30$ earphones, there some exceptions, but they are rare and I don't test them all for now. I can say for sure that open back earphones and dual-drivers can have bigger soundstage, in fact, more the earshell go outside you ears more it feel outside your head. I was thinking this type of soundstage was just limited to extremly expensive custom earphones like the Westone ES2 I have but with chinese brands.

From what I read I can say there a BIG hysteria phenomenon about the Easy UE double drivers custom earphones, look like a very well balanced earphones with big soundstage and lot to like, check the link http://tinyurl.com/zvxpgu5
Super clean sound is hard to find in sub 50$ but there couple of dual drivers earphones that can do well and with a risk-free price like the KZ ZN1 (big soundstage, punchy bass but not alot of texture and laid back treble) (10$ on sale in Aliexpress), the Rock Zircon (10-15$) (round bass, good sudbass, warm sounding mids, okay highs), DZAT DF-10 (17-25$) ( airy sound, over average soundstage, round bass, beautifull mids, warm and musical presentation), **** F05 (10-15$) (dark neutral sound, good instruments separation), Vsonic VSD1...

Firstly, what type of music you listen to and what is you music source?

May 6, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #85 of 31,833
VJJB K2 avoids either of the extremes. Surprised it hasn't gotten more attention in the forums.

Hey, i'm curious about those.

Can you describe a little more the sound?

VJJB do good earphones, I order some and will write some toughs when I receive it, but I do not have order this K2 you talk about.

May 6, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #86 of 31,833
Hey, i'm curious about those.

Can you describe a little more the sound?

VJJB do good earphones, I order some and will write some toughs when I receive it, but I do not have order this K2 you talk about.

I'm working on a review of them at the moment. Hoping to have it up next week.

May 6, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #87 of 31,833

I understand what you say, too much earphones have bassy soundsignature that rumble and go out of control, or the earphones have a bright, analytical soundsignature and forget about roundness of bass impact.

If you search in sub-30$ earphones, there some exceptions, but they are rare and I don't test them all for now. I can say for sure that open back earphones and dual-drivers can have bigger soundstage, in fact, more the earshell go outside you ears more it feel outside your head. I was thinking this type of soundstage was just limited to extremly expensive custom earphones like the Westone ES2 I have but with chinese brands.

From what I read I can say there a BIG hysteria phenomenon about the Easy UE double drivers custom earphones, look like a very well balanced earphones with big soundstage and lot to like, check the link http://tinyurl.com/zvxpgu5
Super clean sound is hard to find in sub 50$ but there couple of dual drivers earphones that can do well and with a risk-free price like the KZ ZN1 (big soundstage, punchy bass but not alot of texture and laid back treble) (10$ on sale in Aliexpress), the Rock Zircon (10-15$) (round bass, good sudbass, warm sounding mids, okay highs), DZAT DF-10 (17-25$) ( airy sound, over average soundstage, round bass, beautifull mids, warm and musical presentation), **** F05 (10-15$) (dark neutral sound, good instruments separation), Vsonic VSD1...

Firstly, what type of music you listen to and what is you music source?

Source will mainly be a xiaomi redmi note 2, as well as some pc use maybe
I remember reading a post not far back about certain chinese iems pairing well with a different, but somewhat similar, chinese phone

foam tips would be good given my eustachian tube problems but does the VJJB K2s isolate well? Seems like a big vent
I will be using these in louder environments

fwiw i listen to quite a variation of music, a lot of rap lately but also metal/hardcore and instrumental, obviously i'm not expecting great timbre but it can't sound extremely off either

May 6, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #88 of 31,833

foam tips would be good given my eustachian tube problems but does the VJJB K2s isolate well? Seems like a big vent
I will be using these in louder environments

The K2S isolates fairly well. Slightly above average for a dynamic I would say. There's one little pinhole vent near where the cable enters the housing. I usually use a DIY SE215 when doing laundry because they isolate exceptionally well. It was substituted for the K2S today. Didn't have to crank my music to block out the tens of noisy machines in the laundromat. That was with the large white silicone tips that come with the Havi B3 Pro 1. I assume foams would isolate even better. Buuuut, if isolation is of primary concern, you'll probably want to look into something using solely balanced armatures. Those are usually sealed and isolate better than something with a dynamic driver.

@Nymphonomaniac, let me better answer your question about sound.

Ootb I was pretty underwhelmed with how they sounded, but over time they've grown to be one of my favorites. They strike me as one of those earphones that are good at everything, great at nothing. Slightly warm with mildly boosted treble and bass (mid-bass primarily). I could see some finding them a touch thin sounding up top. Smooth mids with good detail; they seem to be best with male vocals. Drum and bass sounds excellent, classic rock and stuff like Rage Against the Machine pair well. They've got just enough bass for hip hop and bass-heavy EDM.

Overall I find they're a very pleasant earphone. Definitely one of my better buys this year. I like them more than the Remax RM-720i I was all hyped up about earlier in the year, though mids on the Remax are something special at this price point.

Hope this is helpful. 
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #89 of 31,833
Hi guys,

i'm just looking for new headphone right now, 

i am got the audeo pfe 022 right now, which are really comfy but hard to get a good sound out of from a mobile phone.

i also got a xiaomi piston 3, but that gets fatiguing after a while...

so anyone got any recommendation for a comfy pair of headphone where the sound is not too in your face?

the piston 3's small tips fits exactly my ear canal, but at that position it's super fatiguing :frowning2:

anyway thanks for reading

May 9, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #90 of 31,833
  Hi guys,

i'm just looking for new headphone right now, 

i am got the audeo pfe 022 right now, which are really comfy but hard to get a good sound out of from a mobile phone.

i also got a xiaomi piston 3, but that gets fatiguing after a while...

so anyone got any recommendation for a comfy pair of headphone where the sound is not too in your face?

the piston 3's small tips fits exactly my ear canal, but at that position it's super fatiguing :frowning2:

anyway thanks for reading

Right now, from the 10 chinese brands I receive lately the one I use the more is without a doubt the ROCK ZIRCON NANO.
They look like this and will be very comfortable if you do not have BIG ears like me, anyway, as said, they still my favorite even if the earhook is a little small for me.

I use SHURE earfoam and it make bass and soundstage improve drastically, In fact, I will need to buy other of this Shure eartips because they are my favorite and always improve earphones I use it with. The sound of Zircon is warm with a well rounded bass and present mids, not agressive and very musical, not the most detailed earphones but the soundsignature is really well articulated and fun. I prefer them to my bang-for-the-buck old favorite Pistons 2.
For comfort, wich is your first issue, I think memory foam tips could be very helpfull for all your earphones, on Aliexpress you can find some really cheap of all type of size, the SHURE are very expensive (wich is why I only have one pair).
Their the other Rock Zircon without earhook, don't know if it sound the same.
Price is between 10-18$ on Ebay or Ali.

What is the music you listen at mostly?

PS: The VJJB K2 that B9scrambler talk about look interesting too, and quite small, another time it use memory foam eartips. Read the sound description to see if it look more interesting than the Zircon. From what I read, you don,t want Bright earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back