CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 17, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #9,346 of 31,833
Probably not the best time to get the Tin T2 now at the moment.

During the recent sale, with a combination of multiple coupons, and combined purchase value discounts, I snagged mine for under US$29/-.
There are often sales that drop the price to around US$36~39/- every month or two. Best is to look out for it if you think the current Us$49/- is a little pricey.

So idI just wait and see for a month if I can get it for any cheaper, I had an eye on the Diy Pk2 and the **** pt15 too, and how is that trn v20 didn't heard about it much is it worthy?

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #9,347 of 31,833
T2 price tag around ~50$ makes me think why not to prefer HQC company like Fidue and get A65 instead? T2 is so much better than A65? I quite doubt about it.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #9,348 of 31,833
T2 price tag around ~50$ makes me think why not to prefer HQC company like Fidue and get A65 instead? T2 is so much better than A65? I quite doubt about it.

The fidue will cost me around 60 USD, and non removable cable for that price is a bit risky for me, and the mmcx wire from t2 can be used on **** pt15 so idI save money buying the earbud without any wire. , Just hoping if price drops I little bit illI vouch for the diy pk2 also,

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #9,349 of 31,833
Silly question incoming..

Just received my Tin Audio T2’s, my first mmxc cabled earphones.

Just to double check, does the Red earphone connect to the Right cable, and the Blue to the Left?

I think that’s correct, but seen images of people having the Blue earphone in their right ear. With the earphone having the cable connection on one side of the earphone, don’t know whether the cable os meant to hang from the front of the earphone closer to the face or the back towards the back of the head.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #9,352 of 31,833
So idI just wait and see for a month if I can get it for any cheaper, I had an eye on the Diy Pk2 and the **** pt15 too, and how is that trn v20 didn't heard about it much is it worthy?
The V20 just won a recent test I did, comparing the Yersen FEN-2000, KZ ZSR, Timmkoo C630 and V20. It has the best tuning, technically seen. You can throw every genre at it without problems. However, I personally prefer the wider soundstage and warm sound of the ZSR better. It’s all personal.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #9,353 of 31,833
The V20 just won a recent test I did, comparing the Yersen FEN-2000, KZ ZSR, Timmkoo C630 and V20. It has the best tuning, technically seen. You can throw every genre at it without problems. However, I personally prefer the wider soundstage and warm sound of the ZSR better. It’s all personal.

Had the chance to try out the V20 and thought is was decent. Definitely not amazing though. Reminiscent of the Kinera SEED, but with less energy in the upper mids and treble. Worth the price, but not hype worthy imo.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #9,354 of 31,833

well all the iem he listed in his paper list

TRN V20 just does thing right

another one is niceHCK bro 2017 edition...imagine v20 with depth and airy treble(just a little more) and some more subBass, in between line of audiophile and basshead.

Rose North Forest, unfortunately not mine....was like T2 with more midBass and subBass, sweeter mids and upper mids(3khz peak q factor was in creased instead of instead bump peak) and cymbal was 2dB above neutral tuning(10kHz 2dB above 1.2kHz) putting some shimmer.

never sibilant, super resolver

but not as fast as T2 in PRaT and decay timings....T2 seriously blow all iem in speed under 50$

well best part is single driver coherency and impulse response making me remember HiFiMan re600. Just perfect driver movement, just some bass bleed here and there, but hey that is way way way way way way way way minimal if you listent to high quality or lossless files, actually cant be even felt, so tension not on listening it

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #9,356 of 31,833
I have trouble wanting to even order the Rose after the rash of recent problems with QC of other rose products. Has anyone had any issues with the North forest or does it seem they resolved whatever issue was plaguing them?

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #9,357 of 31,833
I have trouble wanting to even order the Rose after the rash of recent problems with QC of other rose products. Has anyone had any issues with the North forest or does it seem they resolved whatever issue was plaguing them?

Its not a custom arcylic but metal build...

Tension not...

Those are well build.

But no detach cable is pain

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #9,358 of 31,833
On Balanced Sound

Many reviewers and head-fiers use the term "balanced" sound signature. But similar to the shape of the FR curve (U-, V-, W-; discussion here: https://goo.gl/8wPg4q) the term is used inconsistently, which causes confusion.

First, how is "balanced" used - since it is nowhere defined:

1. One writer claims that there are two kinds of "balanced" sound". It refers to "flat" or "neutral" (same) with no frequency emphasized. Balanced sound can also refer to a V-shaped sound (human ears are more sensitive to midrange, therefore some of usprefer boosted bass and treble; the latter is also called "fun" signature.
2. Some writers consider only V-shaped sound as balanced, whereas others distinguish between the two terms (balanced and V-shape are different signatures).
3. To me, none of the above applies: balanced to me means round, even, and harmonic sounding (the pierce in the ZS6 makes this one unbalanced sounding).

I once again consulted HifiChris for discussion.

Our conclusions:

1. We both try to avoid wishy-washy terms, therefore we don't like the term "balanced".
2. "Balanced" is a tuning above neutral that sounds realistic and natural, it constitutes a mild V-shape not far away from neutral.
3. We therefore disagree with point 1. above.
4. A detailed description of the sound and the frequency response is more accurate and conclusive than a crude, poorly defined and therefore ambiguous term such as "balanced".

Hmm...but how does "mid-centric" fit in here? Another vague term: a close to neutral tuning with a focus on mids.

the generally understood meaning of balance is "the subjective relationship between the relative loudness of the upper and lower halves of the audio spectrum," while neutrality refers to freedom from coloration. ergo, as i use the terms, a balanced iem is one in which the highs, mids and lows are equally emphasized; a neutral iem is one which is not audibly bright, warm, dark or otherwise presented differently than the recorded sound. a "midcentric" iem would emphasize the mids and thus be different than a balanced one. ergo i'd call the ue900s balanced/neutral and the t2 balanced/brightish; i consider something like the shure 535 micentric/warm or pmv a01 mk2 midcentric,nuetralish. of course, we all hear, and describe, differently

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #9,360 of 31,833
Silly question incoming..

Just received my Tin Audio T2’s, my first mmxc cabled earphones.

Just to double check, does the Red earphone connect to the Right cable, and the Blue to the Left?

I think that’s correct, but seen images of people having the Blue earphone in their right ear. With the earphone having the cable connection on one side of the earphone, don’t know whether the cable os meant to hang from the front of the earphone closer to the face or the back towards the back of the head.

Thanks in advance!
The short answer is probably yes.

Because they are designed to be worn either cable up or cable down. So if you wear them the opposite way, down when designed for up and visa versa, you switch the left and right bodies. Put the left earpiece onto the right cable and wear it in your right ear. Since the T2 is designed for over ear or cable up if you want to wear them cable down you'll need to swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back