CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 20, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #7,951 of 31,833
Or better yet, the Tennmak version, which are superior to the KZ Spirals (aka Turbos aka Whirlwinds).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1895#post-14061542

The KZs tear too easy (where indicated below) They may as well be made of tissue paper LOL. The Tennmaks are the real deal - significantly tougher.

Thanks for the information and the link to the post where you said we could order all one size. We put in an order today for the 9 pairs all in black medium. Looking forward to trying them.

I'd like to ask a question, if you don't mind. It seems you have both the Ibasso IT01 and the KEF M500. How do they compare?

Wow. I am not sure I know how to compare an IEM to a headphone. What type of info are you looking for? Do you have either? Are you trying to decide between them?

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #7,953 of 31,833
Thanks for the information and the link to the post where you said we could order all one size. We put in an order today for the 9 pairs all in black medium. Looking forward to trying them.

Wow. I am not sure I know how to compare an IEM to a headphone. What type of info are you looking for? Do you have either? Are you trying to decide between them?
I'm trying to decide between them. The last headphones I has were the Koss KSC75, and that was some years ago. At this point, the IEMs I have that are worth mentioning are the Fiio EX1 II, the Advanced S2000, and the Brainwavz B100. I like the Fiio best. I wouldn't normally go for headphones, but I've been seeing some raves here, and I can get them- the KEFs, that is- for $75 at the moment. I wonder how they compare with the Ibassos in terms of bass, mid, treble quality and imaging. Do the KEFs sound thick or thin in comparison? Sharp or more mellow?

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #7,954 of 31,833
I'm trying to decide between them. The last headphones I has were the Koss KSC75, and that was some years ago. At this point, the IEMs I have that are worth mentioning are the Fiio EX1 II, the Advanced S2000, and the Brainwavz B100. I like the Fiio best. I wouldn't normally go for headphones, but I've been seeing some raves here, and I can get them- the KEFs, that is- for $75 at the moment. I wonder how they compare with the Ibassos in terms of bass, mid, treble quality and imaging. Do the KEFs sound thick or thin in comparison? Sharp or more mellow?

It has been awhile since I listened to the KEFs and I have not had the ibasso IT01 very long. I have only had a chance to listen to a few albums with it so far. What will be your source? Will you be listening at home, commuting or...? Almost 2AM here and I have other headphones on at the moment. Earlier today I was listening to an IEM that had just arrived. I will get back to you on this as soon as I can but that is a very good deal on the KEFs if they are new.

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #7,955 of 31,833
It has been awhile since I listened to the KEFs and I have not had the ibasso IT01 very long. I have only had a chance to listen to a few albums with it so far. What will be your source? Will you be listening at home, commuting or...? Almost 2AM here and I have other headphones on at the moment. Earlier today I was listening to an IEM that had just arrived. I will get back to you on this as soon as I can but that is a very good deal on the KEFs if they are new.
They're new, yes. I've read that they don't isolate that well, so I'd just use them at home. Thanks.

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #7,956 of 31,833
They're new, yes. I've read that they don't isolate that well, so I'd just use them at home. Thanks.

In that case, I doubt they would disappoint.

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #7,957 of 31,833
The Gorsun C3 "Music Shock - the Sound is Power"
Paid $2.74 including shipping for these. Currently priced between $9 and $22. Trashed by audiobudget.com with a frequency response curve like a diving duck (my pair would have a totally different curve).

They are actually a pleasant surprise. With my usual third-party tips, they sound overly bassy but with the included (more open) tips, they sound just fine. Astonishingly good resolution, reasonable mids, nothing piercing...bass is amazingly focused and NOT overpowering. Sure, soundstage could be wider...and it has a spaghetti cable, but also a remote. And I had to use a channel identification track to figure which side was which...

Yes, you can listen to music with them, even complexly layered music such as big band with piano or a vocal septet. Fun iems with unexpected refinement!

And don't you forget: "THE SOUND IS POWER".

IMG_6211.jpg
IMG_6209.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #7,958 of 31,833
The Gorsun C3 "Music Shock - the Sound is Power"
Paid $2.74 including shipping for these. Currently priced between $9 and $22. Trashed by audiobudget.com with a frequency response curve like a diving duck (my pair would have a totally different curve).

They are actually a pleasant surprise. With my usual third-party tips, they sound overly bassy but with the included (more open) tips, they sound just fine. Astonishingly good resolution, reasonable mids, nothing piercing...bass is amazingly focused and NOT overpowering. Sure, soundstage could be wider...and it has a spaghetti cable, but also a remote. And I had to use a channel identification track to figure which side was which...

Yes, you can listen to music with them, even complexly layered music such as big band with piano or a vocal septet. Fun iems with unexpected refinement!

And don't you forget: "THE SOUND IS POWER".

It sell with the name of cowon em1 india

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #7,960 of 31,833
Is there anyone who owns a Zhiyin Z5000 that can measure the frequency response? I'm very curious to see what it looks like

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #7,961 of 31,833
If you want to buy king pro, buy it from lendmeurears, they have really great support and able to process your warranty directly with TFZ in China.

Another option is via penonaudio but not sure about their support, should be good cause they have quite a good reputation
Thumbs up for this. Very glad I went through lend me ur ears for my king pro, otherwise I think I'd be up the river....

They've been very good to deal with.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #7,962 of 31,833
Thumbs up for this. Very glad I went through lend me ur ears for my king pro, otherwise I think I'd be up the river....

They've been very good to deal with.
very friendly and top service, should try their in-house brand Alpha & Delta D6. Solid build and balance bright-ish sounding.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #7,963 of 31,833
Just had a brief listen to my friend's brand new (not burnt in) Kinera SEED (Yin) (Kinera said there's 2 versions, Yin is the first with a brighter sig, Yang will come later).

Build and cables are INCREDIBLE. Cable is detachablem feels very durable and the coiled DNA design exudes quality. The cable also adjusts really well when hooked around the ears (intended way of wearing the weirdly shaped 3d-printed housing SEED). The housing looks quite good too, and extremely light considering its size. Combination of these makes the IEM a bliss to wear.

As I am a warm-sounding person, the bright SEED's sound did not really make the cut for me though. There's very few reverb/air/texture to the low end. mids and highs are moderately detailed, but lacks airiness. Highs are somewhat energetic and sparkly, but the less-resolved details makes them feel a bit piercy occasionally to my sensitive ears. Soundstage is your typical takeaways at this price range.

(The above SQ part is written only after a very short listening session, and is in comparison to my Dunu DN2000, which cost way more, so the SEED itself actually is not as bad as it seems to be. Just that I don't know how to review something without a base/comparison :) )

Considering the 35 USD preorder price my friend paid though. It is quite a bargain for the bright people and those who love great cables and comfy wear.

Mar 21, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #7,965 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back