CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #7,816 of 31,833
They are quite similar. T2 has less bass, more elevated but thinner extended treble and overall it feels brighter/clearer than the E80. I don't quite like the T2's extended treble presentation so overall I prefer the E80 but it's a close call between the two IMO.
Thanks

I think I have some idea how they compares now . From what I read T2 might have faster bass than e80.

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #7,817 of 31,833
Thanks

I think I have some idea how they compares now . From what I read T2 might have faster bass than e80.

I wouldn't know about e80 but I can say that T2 has a quick bass response. If I didn't know better, I'd say that T2 is a 2BA setup because it feels quick and light even though it does extend both ways + has a little bit of harshness that BAs do when not properly dampened. Obviously, this is an illusion caused by a relatively large vent and no air pressure in the canal. If you partially/fully seal the front vent it changes nature quickly.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #7,818 of 31,833
I wouldn't know about e80 but I can say that T2 has a quick bass response. If I didn't know better, I'd say that T2 is a 2BA setup because it feels quick and light even though it does extend both ways + has a little bit of harshness that BAs do when not properly dampened. Obviously, this is an illusion caused by a relatively large vent and no air pressure in the canal. If you partially/fully seal the front vent it changes nature quickly.

You want to hear a light dynamic driver, pick up the Whizzer A15 Pro. The T2 is a 4000 lb beast in comparison. A15 Pro has ZERO impact or feel in the low end. My BA-only earphones have more visceral feedback than that thing. Completely kills the thing for me, even if everything else about it is pretty good.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #7,819 of 31,833
You want to hear a light dynamic driver, pick up the Whizzer A15 Pro. The T2 is a 4000 lb beast in comparison. A15 Pro has ZERO impact or feel in the low end. My BA-only earphones have more visceral feedback than that thing. Completely kills the thing for me, even if everything else about it is pretty good.

I am not that surprised to be honest, that front vent is very large for an IEM-type driver. Maybe put some tape on half of it? It's harmless and easy to do, no reason not to try.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #7,820 of 31,833
T2 is dynamic....

And A15 whizzer Haydn pro is a rough neutral IEM....micro freq deviation here and there and it follows diffuse field response so, that's why bass is missing...like etymotic er4sr or old ety er4.

Go get the normal version as it is better in term of enjoyment and is smoother in mids and treble.

Pro is good, very fast indeed.....but mids are rough which makes me go a little away from it.... Well I have listened to them

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #7,821 of 31,833
T2 is a little bass light Harmon kardon response rate iem.... So it sounds super airy but a little closed.

Raise all the freq from 90hz to low 20hz by a small slope....

Well try to make audio budget freq response linear....by taking an idea

And you get a super studio monitor, with just a little sacrifice of speed.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #7,822 of 31,833
I am not that surprised to be honest, that front vent is very large for an IEM-type driver. Maybe put some tape on half of it? It's harmless and easy to do, no reason not to try.

Bass quantity is not the issue, nor do I think the vent is. Dunu Titan 1 whose face is riddled with vent holes; 11 of them, is a good counter to that. The issue is that there is next to no physical presence to the A15 Pro's low end. It's way too light and dainty. Defeats the purpose of using a dynamic driver imo.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #7,823 of 31,833
T2 is dynamic....

And A15 whizzer Haydn pro is a rough neutral IEM....micro freq deviation here and there and it follows diffuse field response so, that's why bass is missing...like etymotic er4sr or old ety er4.

Go get the normal version as it is better in term of enjoyment and is smoother in mids and treble.

Pro is good, very fast indeed.....but mids are rough which makes me go a little away from it.... Well I have listened to them

You guys are missing the point. Bass isn't missing. It's there. Extension is fine. You just can't feel it. That visceral feedback, that movement of air, inherent to DDs in essentially non-existent.

*The EarNiNE EN2J which is a treble leaning neutral dual-BA earphone has less bass quantity, but you feel it more than than you do on the A15 Pro.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #7,824 of 31,833
You guys are missing the point. Bass isn't missing. It's there. Extension is fine. You just can't feel it. That visceral feedback, that movement of air, inherent to DDs in essentially non-existent.

*The EarNiNE EN2J which is a treble leaning neutral dual-BA earphone has less bass quantity, but you feel it more than than you do on the A15 Pro.

I meant to say, diffuse field bass response lacks weight and is not physically missing.

LOL bro

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #7,825 of 31,833
Bass quantity is not the issue, nor do I think the vent is. Dunu Titan 1 whose face is riddled with vent holes; 11 of them, is a good counter to that. The issue is that there is next to no physical presence to the A15 Pro's low end. It's way too light and dainty. Defeats the purpose of using a dynamic driver imo.

Titan 1 has a different driver type - it is trying to compensate for the vents (essentially it's an earbud type of driver given the size of 13mm). A15 PRO has a regular IEM driver - 10mm.
Look at the surface area - 132.5mm2 vs 78.5mm2. Not saying that it's the only thing that matters when it comes to sound (and it never is a linear comparison) but it is a part of it in this case.

On the other hand, I never said it would fully help/help at all, just that it would be the first thing to try if it were me (messing with front vent).

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #7,826 of 31,833
Titan 1 has a different driver type - it is trying to compensate for the vents (essentially it's an earbud type of driver given the size of 13mm). A15 PRO has a regular IEM driver - 10mm.
Look at the surface area - 132.5mm2 vs 78.5mm2. Not saying that it's the only thing that matters when it comes to sound (and it never is a linear comparison) but it is a part of it in this case.

On the other hand, I never said it would fully help/help at all, just that it would be the first thing to try if it were me (messing with front vent).

Size doesn't matter :wink::wink:. JVC's 6mm micro drivers are a testament to that. All done here.

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #7,828 of 31,833
my rock zircon's couldnt pass customs ( i dont know why ) so i got the money refunded.

I was thinking in using it for a different earphone and I was thinking about memt x5 , uiisii hm7 , or something in the same price range (i prefer metal music )

currently i have kz zs3 and yersen fen-200 is coming too.

thanks.

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #7,829 of 31,833
JVC 6mm driver are near to canal and are longer excursion coil with stiff diaphgram....

Compared to a normal 10mm tuned driver.

Well JVC driver are completely different topology..

Just like dual circuit RHA, TFZ or hifiman new topology.

Its is like....well Yamaha IEM driver but more stiffer and more power deliver and well little near to ear..not like Yamaha super near...on tip of nozzle.

LOL bro....

But I worked with sonion and learned a lot of things. ..in intern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back