CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 14, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #7,801 of 31,833
Nicely reviewed. Thank you for sharing your impressions.
The fat free, sugar free reference reminded me of the plate of brownies our neighbor brought over last week. They looked like delicious, crispy on the edges, dense, gooey chocolate brownies. Turns out they were low sugar, spongy textured and dry, made with avocados and no flour, just lots and lots of cocoa powder. They looked the part, tasted kind of like dry, low sugar, chocolaty zucchini bread. Not bad in the least, just not what the visual hype implied...

Sounds as bad as many of the gluten-free things I’ve had.

If you eat those rich foods in moderation, you can enjoy the flavor of the “real deal” stuff without the guilt or expanding waistline. Look, I’m all for eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. But once you’ve tasted homemade biscuits or pie crusts made with real lard shortening, or food cooked with bacon grease, a brownie made with cardboard dust, mealworm flour, and seaweed flakes isn’t going to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.

It’s like beer. The ultra low carb light stuff is just yellow-tinted water (and tastes like it too). Sure, it has 1g of carbs and 99 calories, but if you have enough self-control to only drink a beer here or there, you can drink the good stuff (which only has a few more carbs and calories). You just don’t drink (24) pints in 1 sit down. Hmmm, yellow water or real craft beer - tough choice...

And just so I’m on topic, I recently got the yinjw p8. It was a promising IEM with triple dynamic drivers and a real crossover. Needless to say, I was not impressed. It had a lot of potential though...

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #7,802 of 31,833
Sounds as bad as many of the gluten-free things I’ve had.

If you eat those rich foods in moderation, you can enjoy the flavor of the “real deal” stuff without the guilt or expanding waistline. Look, I’m all for eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. But once you’ve tasted homemade biscuits or pie crusts made with real lard shortening, or food cooked with bacon grease, a brownie made with cardboard dust, mealworm flour, and seaweed flakes isn’t going to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.

It’s like beer. The ultra low carb light stuff is just yellow-tinted water (and tastes like it too). Sure, it has 1g of carbs and 99 calories, but if you have enough self-control to only drink a beer here or there, you can drink the good stuff (which only has a few more carbs and calories). You just don’t drink (24) pints in 1 sit down. Hmmm, yellow water or real craft beer - tough choice...

And just so I’m on topic, I recently got the yinjw p8. It was a promising IEM with triple dynamic drivers and a real crossover. Needless to say, I was not impressed. It had a lot of potential though...
Off topic content:
Try bananas fried in bacon grease... a camping favorite, and everyday treat as well.

On topic content:
My UiiSii CM5 set should be here on Friday... realy, realy looking forward to Friday this week. Maybe I'll fry some bananas to celebrate. :ksc75smile:

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #7,803 of 31,833
Nicely reviewed. Thank you for sharing your impressions.
The fat free, sugar free reference reminded me of the plate of brownies our neighbor brought over last week. They looked like delicious, crispy on the edges, dense, gooey chocolate brownies. Turns out they were low sugar, spongy textured and dry, made with avocados and no flour, just lots and lots of cocoa powder.

Actually kind of pointless to share it here, but I excel at pointlessness! :grin:

Haha thank you and don't worry I liked your story too :p

excellent and creative review. to me.

I wanted to go beyond just simply reviewing it, so I thought adding that cake analogy would make the review more interesting and fun. Glad you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #7,804 of 31,833
Haha thank you and don't worry I liked your story too :p

I wanted to go beyond just simply reviewing it, so I thought adding that cake analogy would make the review more interesting and fun. Glad you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
Cake certainly made the review more palatable...

Mmmm... Cake!

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #7,805 of 31,833
Hi guys. Need some recommendations on tin audio t2. I'm an earbud kinda guy but still enjoy iem for isolation

My xe800 just died and soundmagic e80 cable has flaked out. Reading very good review on tin audio t2 and wonder how it compares to soundmagic e80 for instance.

I love e80 but sometimes bass is too much. No complaints against xe800 but I suspect mine's not fully balance left / right.

Comparisons from someone who owns both t2 and e80 are deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #7,806 of 31,833
Hi guys. Need some recommendations on tin audio t2. I'm an earbud kinda guy but still enjoy iem for isolation

My xe800 just died and soundmagic e80 cable has flaked out. Reading very good review on tin audio t2 and wonder how it compares to soundmagic e80 for instance.

I love e80 but sometimes bass is too much. No complaints against xe800 but I suspect mine's not fully balance left / right.

Comparisons from someone who owns both t2 and e80 are deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

They are quite similar. T2 has less bass, more elevated but thinner extended treble and overall it feels brighter/clearer than the E80. I don't quite like the T2's extended treble presentation so overall I prefer the E80 but it's a close call between the two IMO.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #7,807 of 31,833
Got my monk plus last night. Not quite sure why they send it in a box.

First impression, certainly worth it's price, well build. Sound's fairly detailed, no sibilance. And they do sound like they should be more expensive. But... way too bassy for my taste. I'm going to pass these to one of the kids and see how long they last.

Burn in seemed to reduce the bass. YMMV.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #7,808 of 31,833
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #7,809 of 31,833
Got my order of Nabolang V9s today.
Very well packaged for the money coming in a nice solid box.
20180315_093245.jpg
20180315_093216.jpg

They sound really nice. Not for the bass heads but have enough punch when needed.
Im not an audiophile by any means so would be interested in what others opinions are. Havent seen any reviews for them yet.
I like them as much as any of the other pairs I have such as HM7, X41M, KZ EDR2 etc.
Far better packaged than any of those.
V9 In-ear Music earphones 3.5mm Wired Stereo Headset Smart Phone Earphone One Button Control Hands-free with Microphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/auM3ANNf?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #7,810 of 31,833
d6yeb55l.jpg
Got my order of Nabolang V9s today.
Very well packaged for the money coming in a nice solid box.

They sound really nice. Not for the bass heads but have enough punch when needed.
Im not an audiophile by any means so would be interested in what others opinions are. Havent seen any reviews for them yet.
I like them as much as any of the other pairs I have such as HM7, X41M, KZ EDR2 etc.
Far better packaged than any of those.
V9 In-ear Music earphones 3.5mm Wired Stereo Headset Smart Phone Earphone One Button Control Hands-free with Microphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/auM3ANNf?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Looks like inspired rose masya backplate,
oh yeah, another rose iem is up on
d6yeb55l.jpg
aliexpress, just cost usd 20

Rose Technics HiFi Earphone Dynamic Driver Audiophile Earbud OFC Cable Sports Jogging DJ In-Ear Monitor IEMs North Forest
http://s.aliexpress.com/JBBfqyu2?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #7,812 of 31,833
I have read many reviwers saying bad things about the memt x5 double flange tips, but I tried the larger wide bore (dark gray) ones for curiosity and they just seal like I never felt before. Sometimes I have to use larger tips on the left ear and medium on the right, but not with these ones, I could push the X5 and they wouldn't pop out of my years, apart from that, the sound of the X5 isn't that great.

My question is, where I can found more of those tips? Memt don't sell than separately right?

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #7,814 of 31,833
apart from that, the sound of the X5 isn't that great.

Yeah, the X5 is nothing special. I tried to like it, I really did. I even modded it to try to tweak the sound to make me like it. It just wasn't happening.

Maybe I got a dud. But I feel that the love for the X5 was just a case of hype train mania, because no one ever mentions it anymore. Even the new revision, that was supposed to betuned 'even better' than the original version.

I will give them the magnetic feature though - they were one of the 1st in the game (that I know of) to use that. Now there's tons of IEMs that have the magnetic feature.

hypetrain2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back