CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 7, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #7,621 of 31,867
I have a lot of iems and some of kz but ... svara red comes bit close but still I like z5000 more.. the soundstage is better on z5000 which I like more... mids and lows are better too.. If I need be clear any iem of mine dont comes close to it..

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #7,622 of 31,867
Yersen fen-2000 is taking forever to even leave China even though other packages have been sent; No tracking since ordering on the 18th of Feb and CNY is well over.
Very impatient! Get back to work! :D

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #7,623 of 31,867
Yersen fen-2000 is taking forever to even leave China even though other packages have been sent; No tracking since ordering on the 18th of Feb and CNY is well over.
Very impatient! Get back to work! :D
Patience is a virtue, I actually wonder if they sold out and more have to be manufactured

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #7,624 of 31,867
Hey fellas, if I were to take TK12 and add more texture and definition to the bass, remove sibilance and harshness from the high end, do I end up closer to TK13 or K3 pro in the sub-$100 price range? Anything else in that range? Cheers

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #7,626 of 31,867
The Tiandirenhe TD08 is probably my closest to zhiyin Z5000

Which do you prefer more (if you had to pick 1)?

Also, did you get the bare TD08, or the package with one of the MMCX cables (like the upgraded braided copper cable). If so, what do you think of the cable?

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #7,627 of 31,867
I bought the Tiandirenhe TD08 with the grey rubber cable, the Z5000 I bought without. The TD08 cable is pretty good. Now if I was to pick only one I think it would be the Z5000 it really goes deep

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #7,628 of 31,867
I bought the Tiandirenhe TD08 with the grey rubber cable, the Z5000 I bought without. The TD08 cable is pretty good. Now if I was to pick only one I think it would be the Z5000 it really goes deep

Cool, good to know, especially after the hype of the z5000 all seemed to have sizzled out.

What about the comfort/fit of the TD08? I was thinking about getting them just to reporpose the shells for a driver swap with the 10mm graphene unit from the UiiSii CM5.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #7,630 of 31,867
Now that @zazaboy pointed them out, @HungryPanda what is your opinion between the Zhiyin Z5000 and the Svara Red?

Also, i am curious about the KZ ZSR as in the KZ forum the consensus is that it is one of the best of KZ like the ZS5.. How do the ZSR compares to the other popular chifi like the T2, Z5000, etc? Sound signature and resolution/sound quality?

Mar 7, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #7,631 of 31,867
Hey, guys! New here and hoping someone can help me out with picking a new pair of IME's. I'd like to get something better than my regular skullcandies.

My price range is 50~ US dollars.

Looking for two things in particular ;

>Durability. They need to survive being tossed in my bag, stuffed into my pocket, me walking about campus, etc. IF they come with a case though, I'll definitely use it.
>Crisp, clear sound. I listen to a bunch of KPOP (e.g. music where emphasis is placed on the vocals, like so) and I'd love for them to be noticeable. Overall, I want stuff to be balanced.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have done a bit of research on my own? Here's my wishlist. No clue if anyone here has experience with the IME's listed there but . . . yeah.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #7,632 of 31,867
Hey, guys! New here and hoping someone can help me out with picking a new pair of IME's. I'd like to get something better than my regular skullcandies.

>Durability. They need to survive being tossed in my bag, stuffed into my pocket, me walking about campus, etc. IF they come with a case though, I'll definitely use it.
>Crisp, clear sound. I listen to a bunch of KPOP (e.g. music where emphasis is placed on the vocals, like so) and I'd love for them to be noticeable. Overall, I want stuff to be balanced.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have done a bit of research on my own? Here's my wishlist. No clue if anyone here has experience with the IME's listed there but . . . yeah.
The Tin Audio T2 are your best bet for what you described. They’re around $50, but you can definitely find them for less when they go on sale on AliExpress. You’d have to buy a separate case because they don’t come with one.

As for durability, they’re built like tanks and there’s no chance of breaking them easily. I think they’re made from a metal alloy, but I’m not sure. They also have removable cables, so if you break it (which is highly unlikely since it’s also built like a tank), you can just replace it with no problems.

Sound-wise, they should be exactly what you’re looking for. They’re bright and extremely clear and detailed in the midrange. Vocals are full, very forward, distinct, and absolutely intoxicating (both male and female). I listen to some J-Pop with these and there isn’t any earphone I have that does it better. Instrument separation is out of this world too. Everything just feels natural and right about them, that’s why they’re my all-time favorite. I’ll never *not* love these. The only caveat is that they’re bass-light. This isn’t a bad thing though, since it feels like the music can breathe without mid-bass congestion or bleeding into the mids. Otherwise, you’ll love them.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #7,633 of 31,867

Thanks in advance!

I also recommend the Tinaudio T2 (no case) but also the Brainwavz B100 (good case included). I have both and you cannot go wrong with either. The T2 are certainly sturdier and as sturdy as it gets. Google the online reviews.

As to your wishlist. I am a huge Sennheiser fan but the CX 2.00 won't cut it. I have the CX 5.00 and they are still not great. If you go for a brandname, I recommend the Focal Spark...but, in the end, you will be happy with the T2.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #7,634 of 31,867
I recently reported my initial impression of the Focal Spark (on sale at $70 CAD) in comparison with the Urbanfun Hifi Mk I ($23 CAD).
Focal is a French manufacturer renowned for its loudspeakers and its high-end headphones such as the $4000 Utopia. They are relatively new to the iem scene. The Spark is their self-proclaimed entry-level model (presumably made either for entry-level ears or 2-year olds).

Both, the Urbs and the Focals have a superficially very similar image and the Urbs may excel with slightly more balanced and smoother mids.

But after spending a lot of time with the Focal Spark a huge difference crystallized out. The Urbs have a somewhat soft, bouncy mid bass (fatiguing to my ears) whereas the Focals have the hardest, dryest bass with the biggest depth around. You can cut it with a knife. In fact, I have not tried many iems with such a killer bass.

We conclude, the Focal Spark and the UrbanFun Hifi Mk are similar looking and sounding earphones that are set apart by their bass.

Unknown.jpeg
focal-spark-earphones-blue.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #7,635 of 31,867
Just received the QKZ CK5 today.

cGBW7oZ.jpg

In short, it's nothing special, just your typical run-of-the-mill budget Chi-fi with an abundance of bass and recessed highs.

But for only $3 who's complaining? I can think of several other budget IEMs (non-Chifi) that cost more yet sound way worse than these.

Plus QKZ uses some of the best cables that looks and feel tough. My QKZ DM3 are coming soon so stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back