CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #6,991 of 31,833
Thanks for the mod idea.

I actually have the newest version of the PT15, which only has 1 hole (instead of the 4 holes in the previous version).

The tuning of the current PT15 is perfectly fine IMO - very balanced.
OH! Thats how we know wich version we have....damn, I got the old version with 4 holes now I wonder what the big difference between both. WIll surely try the sticker mod but my iem already begin to look like mommified lol

Feb 15, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #6,992 of 31,833
Not sure where the PT15 fit in your list.

Besides the PT15, I do have Headroom MS16 on the way (I also own an earbud from a HF banned seller that can’t be discussed - it rhymes with Gin Poo Sank).
Great, please let us know how they compare.

Feb 15, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #6,993 of 31,833
Great, please let us know how they compare.

Compare which ones? The banned one that rhymes with “Gin Poo Sank”? Or the Headroom MS16? Or 3 all of them?

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #6,995 of 31,833
Compare which ones? The banned one that rhymes with “Gin Poo Sank”? Or the Headroom MS16? Or 3 all of them?
Comparison desired of Headroom and ****. I tried to insert my Headrooms sideways into my ear...not sure exactly how this should work...but I think I need cosmetic surgery for that. My ears may have the wrong shape.

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #6,997 of 31,833
Comparison desired of Headroom and ****. I tried to insert my Headrooms sideways into my ear...not sure exactly how this should work...but I think I need cosmetic surgery for that. My ears may have the wrong shape.

You tuck them into the intertragic notch (ie perpendicular your ear), with the front of the earbud (where the sound comes out) facing forwards and the back of the earbud facing behind you. This allows the sound to go right into your ear canal.

When you wear an earbud the “normal” way, all of the sound hits the inside of the ear, (dissipating in multiple directions), before making a 90 degree turn to travel down the ear canal. That’s like facing your full size speakers directly towards a wall, and you standing besides them to listen. It makes no sense because so much energy is lost bouncing against the wall.

Think of the large 10mm driver on the i-into i8 and it will make sense.

If you still can’t picture it, I can post a photo.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #6,999 of 31,833
You tuck them into the intertragic notch (ie perpendicular your ear), with the front of the earbud (where the sound comes out) facing forwards and the back of the earbud facing behind you. This allows the sound to go right into your ear canal.

When you wear an earbud the “normal” way, all of the sound hits the inside of the ear, (dissipating in multiple directions), before making a 90 degree turn to travel down the ear canal. That’s like facing your full size speakers directly towards a wall, and you standing besides them to listen. It makes no sense because so much energy is lost bouncing against the wall.

Think of the large 10mm driver on the i-into i8 and it will make sense.

If you still can’t picture it, I can post a photo.
I can picture it but I have the wrong ears. A photo may help my cosmetic surgeon, though.

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #7,000 of 31,833
Like this? Can't find my toothbrush since this morning...
apple-airpods-toothbrush-1-630x365.jpg

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #7,004 of 31,833
The B100 is not as good as the TinAudio T2 to me but I like them both T2 is more neutral, B100 is very comfortable and great for lying down with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back