CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 10, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #6,811 of 31,849
Feb 11, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #6,812 of 31,849
@Slater i am very interested in the mods u suggested like exchanging the filters and u also mentioned some sort of mod over the filters and also to the drivers.

This got me thinking since i have a super horrible sounding DIY IEM which i got for cheap from NiceHCK during the 11.11.16 sale which i only listened to them once and thrown them aside lol. But most of the posts i see are modding to make the bass more apparent (for easy mods without intruding the integrity of the IEM). For the other its more invasive, needing to remove the filter itself or part of the tape on the driver.

I am thinking if we can do something like pushing the sound to be more aggressive or to make the resonance more theatre-like while reducing the bass to make it more balanced. Or to make the trebles clearer? (Personal preference)

Sidenote: And wow, Mr and Mrs Panda, its awesome for a couple to share similar interests. But audio, just wow

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #6,813 of 31,849
Can't offer the Zhiyin other than reading here that they are bass canons.

But, I have had new testing standards to compare the T2 with. First the $399 USD UE900S (my best pair), then the $129 USD Focal Sphear (underrated because unspectacular looking)...both I have used extensively in the past few days.

And now I plugged the T2 in: simply excellent earphones offering lots of fun. I had a particular listen to the bass, which is just pleasant right out of the box and comparing well to the Focal's "bass reflex" system.

We conclude: the T2 hold up well against substantially more expensive earphones.

Hello @Otto Motor , In France I can buy the Focal Sphear for 31,5 € ($39 USD), so compared to the Tin Audio T2, what is your preference ?

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #6,814 of 31,849
Hello @Otto Motor , In France I can buy the Focal Sphear for 31,5 € ($39 USD), so compared to the Tin Audio T2, what is your preference ?

ditto..i also want to know the T2 compared to the Vsonic GR07.. has anybody listened to them both?

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #6,815 of 31,849
ditto..i also want to know the T2 compared to the Vsonic GR07.. has anybody listened to them both?
Simply comparison is T2 to me has more energy. Treble more sparkle .Downside is T2 isolation is weak compare to gr07. This is for the classic .

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #6,816 of 31,849

Ah bon? Interesting...Don't like non removable cables though. On the other hand, Tin audio T2 has a green cable that is tought to replace.

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #6,817 of 31,849
Anyone elses z5000 metal casing come a little scratched ? Particularly the the plate at the base of the nozzle

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #6,818 of 31,849
Sidenote: And wow, Mr and Mrs Panda, its awesome for a couple to share similar interests. But audio, just wow

We met because of the music...the excessive gear is all headfi's fault... You guys need to stop hyping stuff!!!! Is it normal to have headphone boxes sitting on the dining room chairs? At least the iems and buds take up less room.

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #6,819 of 31,849
We met because of the music...the excessive gear is all headfi's fault... You guys need to stop hyping stuff!!!! Is it normal to have headphone boxes sitting on the dining room chairs? At least the iems and buds take up less room.
U know i just gotten this [[[insert IEM]]] from [[[random AE store]]] for less than $10. The sound is FOCKING UNBELIEVABLE! No lack of bass, good mids and not piercing at all. Soundstage is absurd for the price. Definitely the best 10 bucks i've spent in my life!!!

omgwtfholycowwhydidinotbuythisearlier is my review (credits to @ruk84)

xD

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #6,820 of 31,849
Simply comparison is T2 to me has more energy. Treble more sparkle .Downside is T2 isolation is weak compare to gr07. This is for the classic .

how's the Sq and soundstage? is the T2 and GR07 is about on par or the GR07 more like an upgrade concerning sound quality?

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #6,823 of 31,849
If the particular someone is feeling adventurous there's also these 2 different BA + DD hybrid models:

Triple Driver Earbuds Headphones with In-line Mic and 1-button Control
Product ID: 18516

MP80 Aluminum In-Ear Earphone Balanced Armature Driver and Dynamic Driver with Three Tuning Nozzles
Product ID: 27276

And great news, all 4 models have free domestic shipping! :scream:

I purchased the MP80 over a month ago and have been using it as my daily driver. I love my LZ A4, sound is amazing but the sub bass and bass can be a little over powering (red back, black front). And they stick out from my ear, even when fully inserted, causing my beany to hit them so I couldn't cover my ears, not good in winter. So I looked for a lower profile iem I can wear with a winter hat.

I don't want to get into a lengthy description, but the comfort is far superior to the A4. The sound is very comparable to the A4 but with a tighter, more controlled bass and sub base, with the gray filter. It has the sound stage I've come to expect from these chi-fi iems, wide and deep with great separation and is musical. The build quality is well above the $67 I paid for them, I've been particularly careless in their care, shoving them in my pocket, picking them up by cord so they hit each other, dropped phone applying pressure to cord, typical EDC behavior and they still look and perform like they're brand new. They're also much more sensitive with a lower impedance than the A4, better for just phone use.

For $65 this is a better value than any of my IEMs and I'm satisfied for now.

Feb 11, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #6,825 of 31,849
I would like to add that they are the most "different" iems in their price class. I have so many that sound similar but these are unique. And they are very well built on top of that...though I am still measuring the progression of the "green" discolouration of the cable.

Wait for the $35 deal and they will be a steal.

HI
What deal are you talking about ? any specific seller ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back