CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 30, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #6,451 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac: thank you for your recommendation of Zhiyin Z5000.

It's the best 30€ I've spend on Aliexpress. OK, the bass is quite thick but I have the impression it tightens after some burn-in. There's also some driverflex but that's alleviated with some tip-rolling and by inserting them slowly. The one characteristic that makes all the difference to me is how EFFORTLESS this iem sounds. Most iems try too hard to impress you with their sound signature. With Z5000 you get into the music quite quickly. You forget you are wearing an iem which is after all the point of this little hobby of ours.

Keep them coming! :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #6,452 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac: thank you for your recommendation of Zhiyin Z5000.

It's the best 30€ I've spend on Aliexpress. OK, the bass is quite thick but I have the impression it tightens after some burn-in. There's also some driverflex but that's alleviated with some tip-rolling and by inserting them slowly. The one characteristic that makes all the difference to me is how EFFORTLESS this iem sounds. Most iems try too hard to impress you with their sound signature. With Z5000 you get into the music quite quickly. You forget you are wearing an iem which is after all the point of this little hobby of ours.

Keep them coming! :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:
How would you describe the midrange on the Z5000? I’m really close to pulling the trigger on these.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #6,453 of 31,833
How would you describe the midrange on the Z5000? I’m really close to pulling the trigger on these.
I think they have an \-shaped sound signature (never seen anybody use this symbol for a sound signature before). As the slope is not that steep it is maybe better to use the L-shape. Bass is as stated earlier very present. Mids sound very natural and above all effortless to me, treble is there with all the detail but is kept in check.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #6,454 of 31,833
Thank You for the valuable info. I cannot find the discount compon. Any sugestión ? Thanks !

Below the price and the word Prime, and above the word "In Stock", it has a line about 25% discount. You click the little arrow on the right to expand the information about the discount. The 1st discount that is listed is for 25% off (it says "25% off 1 item"). You click the box that says "Claim" to activate the discount.

The $3 discount will show during checkout where you choose the shipping type.

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #6,455 of 31,833
Hehe no it state 8 dynamics+3dynamics+1 armature: Audacious implementation here:wink:

Construction look good, i'm not the only one to be very very intrigued by these so we wait for your impressions ASAP!!!!!

Perhaps they mean a DD driver, with 8mm and 3mm diaphragms?

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #6,456 of 31,833
Hi! Yesterday I fell into another chinese IEM frenzy even though as a New year resolution I promised myself not to.
I bought a couple KZ (HDS3 and EDR2) and the UiiSii HM7
EDIT: sorry, sent before finishing.
Anyway, I was about to buy the Urbanfun Hybrid along with a couple more IEMs around 10$ each when I realised I could just buy a single, better one. Now I see all the fuss about Tin Audio T2 and ZhiYin Z5000, but they seem now to be both around 50-60$ on Ali, while many of you apparently paid around 30.
Can I find either of them for cheaper somehow? Did they just inflate prices once they realised they're so good?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #6,457 of 31,833
Below the price and the word Prime, and above the word "In Stock", it has a line about 25% discount. You click the little arrow on the right to expand the information about the discount. The 1st discount that is listed is for 25% off (it says "25% off 1 item"). You click the box that says "Claim" to activate the discount.

The $3 discount will show during checkout where you choose the shipping type.

Dear Slater, thank you very much. Much appreciated !

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #6,458 of 31,833
Hi! Yesterday I fell into another chinese IEM frenzy even though as a New year resolution I promised myself not to.
I bought a couple KZ (HDS3 and EDR2) and the UiiSii HM7
EDIT: sorry, sent before finishing.
Anyway, I was about to buy the Urbanfun Hybrid along with a couple more IEMs around 10$ each when I realised I could just buy a single, better one. Now I see all the fuss about Tin Audio T2 and ZhiYin Z5000, but they seem now to be both around 50-60$ on Ali, while many of you apparently paid around 30.
Can I find either of them for cheaper somehow? Did they just inflate prices once they realised they're so good?

Stuff goes on and off sale all the time.

For example, the Tin Audio T2 is on sale right now for like $32 (I think), but it's only from one seller and it's only when using the mobile app.

So sometimes to get certain prices you have to jump through certain hoops (ie using the mobile app), using coupons (seller or aliexpress coupons), or get them at certain times (like 11.11, black friday, cyber monday, or when on sale from one seller or another).

It's a similar story to just about every other product in the world. I might pay $1.99 for a box of cereal because it was on sale at my local grocery store plus I had a coupon, but it might be $4.99 where you go (because it's not on special sale at your store when you bought yours, you didn't have a coupon, you go to a different grocery store, etc). Make sense?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #6,459 of 31,833
Stuff goes on and off sale all the time.

For example, the Tin Audio T2 is on sale right now for like $32 (I think), but it's only from one seller and it's only when using the mobile app.

So sometimes to get certain prices you have to jump through certain hoops (ie using the mobile app), using coupons (seller or aliexpress coupons), or get them at certain times (like 11.11, black friday, cyber monday, or when on sale from one seller or another).

Similar to other products in general. I might pay $1.99 for a box of Wheaties because it was on sale at my local grocery store plus I had a coupon, but it might be $4.99 where you go. Make sense?

Of course it does, I've been witnessing price fluctuations before, especially here. But when I see a +30% bump in chinese IEMs I always expect them to having realised they can sell the same item for much more they originally expected.
Anyway, on the mobile app I found the T2 deal you were referring to, so thank you! I didn't think of checking directly through the app.

Jan 30, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #6,460 of 31,833
Of course it does, I've been witnessing price fluctuations before, especially here. But when I see a +30% bump in chinese IEMs I always expect them to having realised they can sell the same item for much more they originally expected.
Anyway, on the mobile app I found the T2 deal you were referring to, so thank you! I didn't think of checking directly through the app.

Yeah, always check the app. It's almost always cheaper. Sometimes by a $0.20, and sometimes by $20.

Also, the price fluctuates wildly on AliExpress. I think sellers do it to even profits.

If the REAL price of X needs to be $20 for them to make a profit, they put it on sale for $10 for a while, followed by jacking it up to $30 for a while to even put the cost to the $20 average.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #6,462 of 31,833
just ordered the Tin Audio T2. Do you guyz know how many day the shipment will be taking for US by ePacket?

The future-telling crystal ball says...

psychic.jpg

...let us know when it arrives at your house, subtract it from today, and that would be how many days it took.

Seriously though, it could be 5-40 days, or anywhere in between. It could get held up in customs, fall behind someone's desk, fall off the back of a truck, seller could hold the order for days and days before actually shipping it, etc. Waiting on ChiFi isn't for the impatient, that's for sure. A lot of times I finally get packages after I've forgotten that I even ordered them! In general, ePacket gets to the US somewhat faster than most of the other methods (the worst is Netherlands post, or something with Netherlands in the name - I think those are walked over from China in a backpack).

For stuff I need super fast, I stick with Amazon (but then again, the cost is usually much more vs Aliexpress).

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #6,464 of 31,833
808 HLSX - blue bettes 1ba/dd hybrid
These are one of my favs
IMG_1127.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back