CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 18, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #4,621 of 31,833
You need to close the duct to enhance it.
https://audiobudget.com/product/Xiaomi/HybridPro

You mean the bass? It's already quite boomy, like, near toomuch....perhaps it the silicone tips I use...I read the review of this guy that I think do a good unbiased review job but i'm utterly confuse about bass review. Was listening to bass heavy M.E.S.H, bass was punchy and kick hard, deep sub not exactly, but all textured soudn was harsh and violent! I think this treble on steroid drown everything, even soundstage.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #4,622 of 31,833
Yes, I didn't proof read the message and my phone auto corrected it. I'm referring to the **** ues.
Oh, UEs are great for sure....from what I remember mids was their drawback no?

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #4,623 of 31,833
Dude....are you....another dude that get free stuffs to write IEM reviews???? Like, honnestly. Don't want to investigate more about this....just, there an INVASION!

200.gif

Lol, no man. They I am currently listening them next to my Urbanfun Hifi's/Einsear T2/KZ ZS6. These are my current favorites atm. Seems like there is a reason no one is talking about them here lol, probably its regarding personal preferences. I think the combination of their upper mid's and crispy high's are kinda unique...

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #4,624 of 31,833
Lol, no man. They I am currently listening them next to my Urbanfun Hifi's/Einsear T2/KZ ZS6. These are my current favorites atm. Seems like there is a reason no one is talking about them here lol, probably its regarding personal preferences. I think the combination of their upper mid's and crispy high's are kinda unique...

Did your Hybrid Pro HD's suddenly turn bad after some burn-in, or were you influenced by some of the reactions in the forums and had to alter the score from 9.5 to 9.2 within a day?

:sweat_smile:

In any case, I've had them for a week before I gave mine to a friend. The fit was bad so I had to stick to my pistons 2.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #4,625 of 31,833
If you go back far enough, you can find a fair bit about the Urbanfun Hifis, but they saw revision (with a beryllium DD iirc), as well as a nearly identical looking non-hybrid beryllium DD variant, and the original hybrid has been pretty much impossible to obtain for quite a few months now. And I don't think anyone around here has compared both hybrid versions, so there's very little information other than some dodgy manufacturer graphs to suggest what might have changed with their tuning in the revision process. (the different revisions have different cables that can be used to identify them and some differently colored detailing)

The Einsear T2 have gotten a bit of attention too, but there's always something new on the hype train around here. :p

As for the KZs, well the KZ thread is huge, and the ZS6 have been relatively well received, though reactions are somewhat polarized.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #4,626 of 31,833
Did your Hybrid Pro HD's suddenly turn bad after some burn-in, or were you influenced by some of the reactions in the forums and had to alter the score from 9.5 to 9.2 within a day?

:sweat_smile:

In any case, I've had them for a week before I gave mine to a friend. The fit was bad so I had to stick to my pistons 2.
Whaha, nah but the reactions about the fit did me consider to put the score lower, but I think the fit is a good point what is a big con of the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD. In terms of sound quality they are still on no.2 for me atm. But if you look at the whole package (including the fit) I lowered the score since the fit isn't that good.

I will be changing scores by time by time, since I get new experiences listening new earphones. A score is also a relative number, I try to indicate with the score the right sequence from best to worst earphone, this means changes in score will appear time by time.

Nov 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #4,627 of 31,833
…But if you look at the whole package (including the fit) I lowered the score since the fit isn't that good.….
My initial thought was why should fit effect the score something receives. Until I got a pair of the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD myself. The fit issue really does detract from what would otherwise be a great inexpensive IEM. So you get a positive vote from me, not that it matters, to adjust scores based on things like fit just as you've said you shall.

Nov 19, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #4,628 of 31,833
What you guys think of the PMV A-01 MK2? It's going for 56USD in aliexpress, seems like a great price for triple hybrid. Is there anything better in this price range? I'm looking for fairly neutral or mildly v shaped signature that I'll be able to sleep with, meaning I can wear while lying on the side. Detachable cable would be great as well.

Nov 19, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #4,629 of 31,833
Oh, UEs are great for sure....from what I remember mids was their drawback no?
That would probably depend on the source used. To me, the mids are slightly behind the lows and highs but not extremely recessed as to call them a V shaped signature. I find the mids a tad bit thin sounding but still enjoyable. Also I should mention that I use an LG V20 as my main source. I love them using my phone and an 8 dollar KZ silver mmcx upgrade cable. All in all, they're very enjoyable for the 40.00 total that I have in them. I probably should mention that I'm using the tennmak whirlwind tips on them too, as I find they slightly magnify the bass response, but if course y.m.m.v.

Nov 19, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #4,630 of 31,833
What you guys think of the PMV A-01 MK2? It's going for 56USD in aliexpress, seems like a great price for triple hybrid. Is there anything better in this price range? I'm looking for fairly neutral or mildly v shaped signature that I'll be able to sleep with, meaning I can wear while lying on the side. Detachable cable would be great as well.
Your desired signature almost perfectly describes the **** UEs. They're a comfortable, flush fit with a detachable mmcx cable and I find them easy to sleep with them in my ears. They're very slightly v shaped with a nice clear bass response that is far from clouding over the other frequency responses and also they're nicely detailed, with a pleasant tonality.

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #4,632 of 31,833
The PMV are a personal favorite for me, but they are not bassy or V shaped, very neutral balanced and detailed, little on the bright side, but extremely capable with excellent instrument separation and 3D feel. Must of all, they are the easier IEM to drive I have, this is why I use them so often, especially with my Xduoo X3 that do not have big amping power. Big drawback is the cable I must admit, look cheap and is not detachable. I think the price should be around 40-50, not 50-60. And i'm must likely certain they will broke in less than a year.

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #4,633 of 31,833

Yeah, I don't think they sound bad at all, just very source dependant for soundsignature, with my Xduoo X3+Fioo Q1 Mk2 amp with bass gain they are very delightfull, with my Ibasso DX90 they are unlistenable. Strange but true.

So, from what I understand, you begin to buy chifi IEM and from the very first you got you begin a review blog with it?

Invasion is very problematic, I alway PRAY Headfi gods before reading a review so there will not be this DISCLAIMER thing that say blabla unbiased blabla was free but blabla and so on. Just wish that real passionate consumer review more, but as it take time and...time is money. This phenomenon is way more present in chifi world, lot of blog pop ups everywhere, the worst are videos and even worst...opening a box, What!? In fact, I wanna make an anti-blog....like, something very nasty....just to compensate all this too permissive reviews. And to make it more entertaining, cause, lets admit, it can be very boring to read.

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #4,634 of 31,833
About XIAOMI PRO HD.

Block the hole bro, block it up, block it up. And, pump it up!

GRAPH:
19554043_1455966811155660_3230542033118266928_n.png

Take 5 secondes to really improve bass, especially thickness and rounder impact.And little sub too. Find it to tame a little the harshess as well, but its surely an illusion about bass splashing mids and highs.
PB190535.JPG

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #4,635 of 31,833
[QUOTE="Earphone KIng, post: 13859952, member: 467493"Seems like there is a reason no one is talking about them here lol, probably its regarding personal preferences.[/QUOTE]

We talk about the 3 you listed on a regular basis. And as far as the Xiaomi, there's a whole thread dedicated to it (which is fairly active as well).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back