CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #4,637 of 31,833
What cable should I buy for the **** PT15? I want a MMCX connector that can withstand a lot of strain aside from the stock one that arrives with the earbuds.

No cable is indestructible, especially MMCX which are all fragile in my experience.

Are you generally really hard on cables, or are you using them for rugged sports, like sky diving or parcours?

What's your cable budget? I've seen them range from $15 to $200+.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #4,638 of 31,833
No cable is indestructible, especially MMCX which are all fragile in my experience.

Are you generally really hard on cables, or are you using them for rugged sports, like sky diving or parcours?

What's your cable budget? I've seen them range from $15 to $200+.

Yeah I know there is no such thing as indestructible cables. In fact there are very few things in this world that is "indestructible" in its strictest sense. But I do want a cable that can withstand daily usage commuting from work or to school. I would just like a cable that is durable when I listen to music while I ride the bus.

I'm not too hard on it, but sometimes I do throw them around or sometimes they might get caught on a doorknob here and there. This doesn't happen always though, maybe once or twice. I don't do activities that are rugged. I just need a cable that can go through everyday situations. I don't want to spend too much on cables cause I don't want the cables to cost more than my earphones lol. So my max budget would be like $15 to $20, but generally the cheaper the better if the quality is more than suitable for the conditions that I go through (which isn't much to be honest.)

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #4,639 of 31,833
Yeah I know there is no such thing as indestructible cables. In fact there are very few things in this world that is "indestructible" in its strictest sense. But I do want a cable that can withstand daily usage commuting from work or to school. I would just like a cable that is durable when I listen to music while I ride the bus.

I'm not too hard on it, but sometimes I do throw them around or sometimes they might get caught on a doorknob here and there. This doesn't happen always though, maybe once or twice. I don't do activities that are rugged. I just need a cable that can go through everyday situations. I don't want to spend too much on cables cause I don't want the cables to cost more than my earphones lol. So my max budget would be like $15 to $20, but generally the cheaper the better if the quality is more than suitable for the conditions that I go through (which isn't much to be honest.)

A number of people have this new KZ MMCX cable, and the reports are very positive. I have multiples of the 2-pin version, and it's a well made, good sounding cable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...le-Use-For-Shure-SE535-SE846/32820576571.html

The price is low enough that you can afford to replace them if they break within a year. If it was me, that's what would be near the top of my list.

Nov 19, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #4,640 of 31,833
A number of people have this new KZ MMCX cable, and the reports are very positive. I have multiples of the 2-pin version, and it's a well made, good sounding cable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...le-Use-For-Shure-SE535-SE846/32820576571.html

The price is low enough that you can afford to replace them if they break within a year. If it was me, that's what would be near the top of my list.

Okay, thanks. Just wondering is that cable you linked me compatible with the **** PT15? Cause if so I am just going to buy the earbuds alone without the standard cord and buy 2 of the cables you've linked.

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #4,642 of 31,833
Does anyone have an in depth review of the Svara Reds? Or a brief sound signature for it at least?
If I remember correctly, dear HungryPanda really like them and he got LOT of IEM, he say they are V shaped and quite clear sounding....but dear Panda is a man of few words too hehe so, PM him perhaps (sory Panda!)

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #4,643 of 31,833
Okay, thanks. Just wondering is that cable you linked me compatible with the **** PT15? Cause if so I am just going to buy the earbuds alone without the standard cord and buy 2 of the cables you've linked.
Do you have balanced gear? If so, perhaps one cable of both would be interesting as I find the PT15 to Shine even more when balanced! but they sound good without it too. Can I know what's you audio source?

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #4,645 of 31,833
Does anyone have an in depth review of the Svara Reds? Or a brief sound signature for it at least?

I took a plunge and bought these on 11.11 at a discounted rate. I've searched extensively and not much is known about them, except for a few comments stating that they are pretty bassy. They look like they can - and I am hoping that i can get a good comfortable seal with them.

Will comment on them as soon as they arrive. Shipping shouldnt take long to where I am. I should expect them in by this week!

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #4,646 of 31,833

The linked cable is a standard mmcx cable. So it’s compatible with an iem that uses mmcx connections.

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #4,648 of 31,833
Im always a fan for QCY IEM earphones. However despite trying many other models from QCY, i still find QCY QY8 is the best as it produce nice clear vocals while good deep bass. Is it me or you think other QCY earphones could have matched up or even better than QY8?

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #4,649 of 31,833
The VSIN 215 is one of 4 excellent earphones I’ve added to my collection in the last week. (with 12 more pairs currently on order) This 10mm dynamic driver is producing a sound signature that rivals any of my dual drivers and hybrids. I like the looks too - mine is the silver with a transparent red faceplate. This plastic earphone has an exceptional build so if you view the picture you’ll see that the strain reliefs and L shaped jack are second to none. I have tried this with a number of EQ settings and you will want to use the 215 with flat EQ - this is a basshead IEM with good sounding highs and mids. These are quite a comfortable fit and cable microphonics aren’t much of a problem. Tipwise I’ve had good results with either KZ Whirlwinds or JVC Spiral Dots. These are 32 ohms, easy to drive and have average sound isolation. The VSIN 215 has quickly become a favorite of mine. They are available from Aliexpress.

vsin215.jpg

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #4,650 of 31,833
Im always a fan for QCY IEM earphones. However despite trying many other models from QCY, i still find QCY QY8 is the best as it produce nice clear vocals while good deep bass. Is it me or you think other QCY earphones could have matched up or even better than QY8?

have you compared them to the QY19? i have the QY19 and the Q29, and i was wondering how they compare to the QY8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back