CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #4,531 of 31,833
so my alisale buy was rather diversify....was searching to experiment very obscure IEM like a
6ba driver for 75$
an AK4490 DAC-AMP for 35$
a pair of TinAudio T2
a Walnut V2S for fun
fancy 2rca to 3.5 cable
NICE HCK Zhiyin Z5000 cause of tesla driver and price (without cable)
Bosshifi B3 for 20$ (twas about time!)
and Bosshifi B8 Headphones for 55$....

Pretty experimental buys!

Can you share that AK4490 DAC-AMP for 35$ sounds interesting ?

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #4,533 of 31,833
Can you share that AK4490 DAC-AMP for 35$ sounds interesting ?

Yeah, no problem. As said...pretty experimental buys and this DAC-AMP is the INSIDE of another one I see at 2xthe price but I don't care bout metal box, will fabric or find one in the futur.

What interest me is the fact it use Xmos Asynchro USB wich is found in pricier usb DaC and OPamp section look changeable. From picture I see, look like you can use an 9v battery to plug it for more freedom instead of wall plug.

Just hope there will be no Quality check issue. Really want to enjoy a proper AK4490 sound rendering!

This is the link (as its not in sale anymore its 40$):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...ard-Headphone-Output-Support/32788755737.html

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #4,534 of 31,833
Eager to read some impressions about this one.
Thats one of the reason why I buy these intriguing Tesla IEM, NiceHCK really love them but it was too pricier before, now I will share impressions for sure once I get them.
It can go Fast with HCK (already ship)!

Will share impressions about 6BA DIY cheapies too, they are now back to 130$, but I think its easy to find them for 100$. Hope they will not be crap or ENORMOUS. I'm prepared to have tamed bass, but not a weak distorting one so will see will see!

Nov 13, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #4,535 of 31,833
Yeah, no problem. As said...pretty experimental buys and this DAC-AMP is the INSIDE of another one I see at 2xthe price but I don't care bout metal box, will fabric or find one in the futur.

What interest me is the fact it use Xmos Asynchro USB wich is found in pricier usb DaC and OPamp section look changeable. From picture I see, look like you can use an 9v battery to plug it for more freedom instead of wall plug.

Just hope there will be no Quality check issue. Really want to enjoy a proper AK4490 sound rendering!

This is the link (as its not in sale anymore its 40$):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...ard-Headphone-Output-Support/32788755737.html
NE5532P is quite "mediocre" opamp but nice to see it is changeable. Wonder what opamps it will eat in exchange.
Thanks for link, added to wishlist. Waiting for Your impressions on this one! Might get one if it is good.

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #4,536 of 31,833
NE5532P is quite "mediocre" opamp but nice to see it is changeable. Wonder what opamps it will eat in exchange.
Thanks for link, added to wishlist. Waiting for Your impressions on this one! Might get one if it is good.
Yeah, OPamp was the last thing I check cause I plan to change it anyway, this is the overused stock one that lot of chifi DAP use, like the Walnut V2S too I think....it's a begining about Op swaping....don,t know much about this, jsut that i'm utterly curious about Muse 01-01 but its too expensive and when its not...it's surely fake so...need to make some research about more affordable one!

AK4490 & Xmos is what make me really curious.

The Douk Audio CM108 I use right now is about 16$ and sound very sweet, smooth, musical, analogish and wide...this is because it's not a FAIL that I continue to test little DAC upper in price range....if sound value is still in this type of insane relativity were into a real cheap JOY ride hehe. So people are not confuse, the one I have use DUAL TDA1305T, the 9$ one use a single dac chip...can't really comment on the sound so i'm eager to know how 9$ sound card can sound!
Hum, and about the CM108....it work on my Samsung J3 for some time, like, plug and play, and stop working out of no where...wonder if its something I install....just saying this cause for some phone there Hope I think (not Apple).

Will sure share impressions there:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imp...-chinese-amp-dac-reference-list.853311/page-3

(not a lot going on, did not put time on this thread yet....if I got the chifi DAC fever, perhaps I will try to!)

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #4,538 of 31,833
Thats fast processing! Wish I went with HCK.

I have found that just because it is in shipped status does not necessarily mean that it really is.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #4,539 of 31,833
I have found that just because it is in shipped status does not necessarily mean that it really is.
These Chinese sellers sometimes send a fake shipping confirmation to the customers ( just to make them satisfied) even with this HCK store i have personally experience a couple of times he send me fake shipping confirmation ,

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #4,540 of 31,833
He's not alone in using that technique. 'Awaiting pick up' status is another fake status that you might see.

Aliexpress sellers have to ship within a certain number of days otherwise AE cancels the order. By using fake details it holds the order until they get round to sending.

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #4,541 of 31,833
He's not alone in using that technique. 'Awaiting pick up' status is another fake status that you might see.

Aliexpress sellers have to ship within a certain number of days otherwise AE cancels the order. By using fake details it holds the order until they get round to sending.

The seller can register a parcel online and get a tracking number. The number is true. But the seller can ask the post office to pick it up a few days later.

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #4,542 of 31,833
I have tried a pair of UiiSii U1 ( EarPods clone ) for a gift, the cost is very low.
Dark sounding and punchy out of the box, the plastic look good, they also have a volume control on the mic section. The side-grid is indeed open, not just something esthetic. Comfort-wise i find them good but the fit is not universal at all, it's something that need to be tried for see if they stay put. They may be too big for small ears.
After a bit of burn-in the highs goes up what it need to stay controlled.
Sense of openness is in league with what offered by cheap earbuds, but listen them for just some tracks i find them better than a cheap Sennheiser MX170, with similar well clarity, but bass performance is definitely better.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #4,543 of 31,833
My NiceHCK 11/11 order has passed export customs and is at the "Shipment accepted by airline" stage now. It should be with me in another 7 to 10 days I guess.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #4,544 of 31,833
so my alisale buy was rather diversify....was searching to experiment very obscure IEM like a
6ba driver for 75$
an AK4490 DAC-AMP for 35$
a pair of TinAudio T2
a Walnut V2S for fun
fancy 2rca to 3.5 cable
NICE HCK Zhiyin Z5000 cause of tesla driver and price (without cable)
Bosshifi B3 for 20$ (twas about time!)
and Bosshifi B8 Headphones for 55$....

Pretty experimental buys!

Wow! AK 4490 DAC/AMP for 35? It is portable? Could you link it please? Thanks!

Edit: saw the link. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #4,545 of 31,833
My NiceHCK 11/11 order has passed export customs and is at the "Shipment accepted by airline" stage now. It should be with me in another 7 to 10 days I guess.

Great. That usually means 20-30 days for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back