CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 6, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #4,321 of 31,833
So, my quest stills on, and hope to see Simgot Pro appear soon, they are my obsession from reveiw I read....hey, brooko prefer them to some 500$ iem, not bad. Just 2 reviews tough.

Eyin the Lker i8 that is really appreciate by a well know chifi review site (cannot tell here I think) anyway, the suggestion in this site is most of time spot on so if its the very big winner of all his IEM test, even if it was about 70-80$ in time of review, at 40 right now its very very intriguing. Any guys here try them? (a little thread about them is very positive too).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...Earphones-Dynamic-Hifi-Music/32815839663.html

Panda, do you got this one in you incredible collection????

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #4,322 of 31,833
I'm not sure which model the Beats are, it was 1 of if not their 1st earbuds they ever produced around 2010? or so. Maybe called iBeats? They came with the very 1st Beats by Dre Cell phone, HTC ReZound. Here's pics of whatever they look like minus the 3.5mm plug since I wanted to see I'd the cable was workable to replace the section and plug that was shorting out, which drove me here originally.

Sounds like I want to stick with V/U shaped, warm, smooth/gentle treble that's extended and has no emphasis on upper mids/lower treble region.
Pic didn't come through, but if they're something like this: http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/monster-urbeats.php then they probably come off as quite warm, dark and bassy and especially tame in the upper mids.

I really try to avoid recommending anything I haven't tried before (but here we go...) ... so please don't take this as a "go buy these" ... but just as something to point you in a slightly different direction. @crabdog reviewed the Whizzer A15 as a considerably warmer, smoother, and bassier take on something somewhat similar to the NC50 (and there's a few other reviews of them on here). I would imagine you might be able to do better than that given your budget is somewhat flexible, but an idea to get you pointed in what might hopefully be a better direction for you. :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #4,324 of 31,833
20171106_215335.jpg

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #4,327 of 31,833
how do these compare to budget chifi's like kz sz5, VSD3S, xiaomi, 1MORE IEM etc....
build quality on these is great, not comparable to the crappy zs5 or the cable error prone vsd3s. sound wise, it's a v-shaped signature with a fairly big soundstage. highs might be sibilant out of the box, but according to some fellow hungarian owners who bought from the same seller, highs will calm down and sibilance will be gone with some burn-in. i ran the isotek system enhancer disk for a couple of hours and highs sound already better. first impressions are absolutely positive. i'd say that it beats every piston i've heard comfortably. zs5 has a nice soundstage, i'm not sure the af56 can match that, but it has the same punch and already better mids and highs. (tbh i didn't like the high frequencies on the zs5 at all.) vsd3s has a similarly strong v-shaped sound signature, and as i've heard it months ago, i cannot really tell which one sounds better. as far as i can remember, vsd3s have a more recessed midrange, so odds are i'd prefer the audiofly in a direct comparison, but i'm not sure about it. oh, and the package of the af56 is pretty barebone, all you get is a cool metal tin and some silicone tips.

all things considered, the af56 is a true bargain for this price if you're into a v signature. with the hifiman re400i i bought from joybuy, my 11.11 buying spree has already prematurely ended. :D

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #4,328 of 31,833
Yes, the TNT is an awesome IEM indeed. It's less V-shaped than the TFZs and H3 etc and has a more balanced approach. I think people are a bit intimidated by the unusual styling and that's why the adoption rate has been slow but when it comes to sound that one is a winner.
I agree 100% @crabdog. I LOVE my nine tails and can't recommend them highly enough. I was hesitant to try them at first because of their shape, but I am so glad I ended up getting them. They're actually very comfortable and isolate well, which is a bonus to me.

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #4,330 of 31,833
KZ ZS5 just for $16 usd at gearbest with code GKGGK40. Is that a good deal to buy?
Thinking about getting the blue version with mic for $20.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #4,331 of 31,833
I am thinking about taking one for the team and buying this single BA iem from an unknown brand. The design is spectacular, I just hope that it doesn't end up looking cheap in real life (given how small it is, it probably can't really look way too cheap).
Specs are, as always, questionable at best. I couldn't find any more info about these on ali/amazon nor taobao as much as I could manage with translate. Does anyone know any full range BA drivers that are 22Ohm/20-22000Hz/102±3dB?
The iphone in the promo material isn't really inspiring and all of it just appears to be unfinished.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #4,332 of 31,833
Anyone considering the ASY hybrids might want to hold off.

The sound was pretty good but the casing fell apart after the first listen, the seller is accusing me of breaking them and offering only a part refund. My advice, stay clear of both.

I did ask him for a replacement single earpiece but he refused.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #4,333 of 31,833
KZ ZS5 just for $16 usd at gearbest with code GKGGK40. Is that a good deal to buy?
Thinking about getting the blue version with mic for $20.

That's HELL OF A DEAL!!!!
In fact.
Will go check it out asap, as I give my second pair to my brother...and this way will be able to know if its true their....2 version of these as I bought first batch a while ago.

thanks for sharing, Gearbest deal pop out of no where, its hard to Always know them.

EDIT: What the heck....flash sale price is 19$ and when you enter the code....it go up to 24$. Nice coupon. Like an anti-hero coupon. Thanks for nothing GB.

......Will pass on this and wait for ZS6 to drop at an absrud price.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #4,334 of 31,833
I am thinking about taking one for the team and buying this single BA iem from an unknown brand. The design is spectacular, I just hope that it doesn't end up looking cheap in real life (given how small it is, it probably can't really look way too cheap).
Specs are, as always, questionable at best. I couldn't find any more info about these on ali/amazon nor taobao as much as I could manage with translate. Does anyone know any full range BA drivers that are 22Ohm/20-22000Hz/102±3dB?
The iphone in the promo material isn't really inspiring and all of it just appears to be unfinished.

Thats nice of you, never see these and must admit if there price stick at 30$ afer alisale perhaps there a potential there, construction look fine by what I see (even if computer image stuff). And especially form factor, wich look very small, so perhaps its a good sleep IEM, cause I search one even if the Musicmaker TW1 are far from being bad, their a little too long and when sleep on your ears it push just a little....I think musimaker make another micro model wich I can't remember. Here in big city where your surrended by dogs, car, people and crying kids, sleeping buds are a MUST!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back