CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 6, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #4,307 of 31,833
Thanks , actually i am looking for a upgrade to A4 so you think 2+2 is something better option ,??
You're not likely to get any indication from driver config alone. Better to go with reviews/user impressions or just take one for the team and try an unknown model.

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #4,308 of 31,833
Is 1MORE IEM good? I once read a review of good impression of their 90 USD line up. But I'm here now talking about their under 40 USD line up (I don't know the exact model name). Are those under 40 USD 1MORE IEMs good?

I'm looking for an all-round IEM, under 30-40 USD, I mostly listen to indie music (folk, rock, hip hop, etc.) and some nowadays electronic music. My device is Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Any suggestions for me?

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #4,309 of 31,833
Is 1MORE IEM good? I once read a review of good impression of their 90 USD line up. But I'm here now talking about their under 40 USD line up (I don't know the exact model name). Are those under 40 USD 1MORE IEMs good?

I'm looking for an all-round IEM, under 30-40 USD, I mostly listen to indie music (folk, rock, hip hop, etc.) and some nowadays electronic music. My device is Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Any suggestions for me?

Wait for the 11/11 sale on Aliexpress and order the Vsonic VSD3S during the sale. I got mine for under $30 during the last sale. I don't have or know of any other IEM under $40 that is better than it.

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #4,310 of 31,833
Thanks, actually i am looking for a upgrade to A4 so you think 2+2 is something better option ,??

You're not likely to get any indication from driver config alone. Better to go with reviews/user impressions or just take one for the team and try an unknown model.

I wouldn't say the HotFi 2DD+2BA (2016) is better overall than the A4, since the sound of the A4 can be tuned to you preference.
But the 2+2 is a better deal than the A4, since its sound is just about the same as the A4, with the tuning that I prefer. The 2+2 is also more comfortable to wear, and that style of shell tends to isolate better.

I hadn't seen anyone mention the HotFi 2DD+2BA (2016) when I bought it last year - it had just been listed on AliExpress. So, I took a gamble, and it paid off.

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #4,311 of 31,833
Wait for the 11/11 sale on Aliexpress and order the Vsonic VSD3S during the sale. I got mine for under $30 during the last sale. I don't have or know of any other IEM under $40 that is better than it.
Just looked, the VSD3S is $30 for the 11.11 sale at the Vsonic store at Aliexpress.com this year. Think I'll add that one to my list of things to ponder on 11.11

Nov 6, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #4,316 of 31,833
So I think part of the problem is just the lack of points of comparison... for reference, what kind of Monster Beats IEMs are we talking here? There's a number of them, aren't there?

I'm thinking you might want to look into something generally warmer and tending towards U or V-shaped for those listening volumes, with a laid back mid-range and probably some elevation in the mid-bass but the treble boost pushed out towards the upper treble, not so much upper mids / lower treble. I would tend to think that anything described as somewhere closer to balanced or slightly bright is probably going to tend towards harsh and A-shaped at those volumes.

EDIT: NOPE, that A-shaped bit is just downright wrong, balanced goes to V-shaped at elevated volumes :disappointed_relieved:, but harsh still applies, and I think the rest might be worth considering - one man's warm, smooth, intimate and romantic mids can be another man's recessed to oblivion and completely absent any detail. I feel like you want more lower mids and less upper mids, but I also feel like I should stop rambling as you're really far outside of my comfort zone and I just feel compelled to respond as one of the only other people with a pair of NC50s in hand. :wink:

As for where to look, the other Chi-Fi thread tends to have more information about the next price category up, but you might want to jump outside the Chi-Fi threads too... there's plenty of great V-shaped sounding products out there out there as it tends to be a very consumer friendly sound shape.

EDIT AGAIN: I feel the need to clean up my ramblings a bit... by adding to them, yeah, that's surely helping :disappointed_relieved: but perceptions of sibilance, fatigue, brightness and forwardness of the midrange tend to reside in the same general region (upper mids / lower treble), so reigning in fatigue and adding enough warmth to the mid range for you without putting it completely in your face might push the mids back far enough for someone else to call it V-shaped. That's where that jumbled line of thought was going.

I'm not sure which model the Beats are, it was 1 of if not their 1st earbuds they ever produced around 2010? or so. Maybe called iBeats? They came with the very 1st Beats by Dre Cell phone, HTC ReZound. Here's pics of whatever they look like minus the 3.5mm plug since I wanted to see I'd the cable was workable to replace the section and plug that was shorting out, which drove me here originally.

Sounds like I want to stick with V/U shaped, warm, smooth/gentle treble that's extended and has no emphasis on upper mids/lower treble region.

Attachments

• 20171106_144926.jpg
    20171106_144926.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171106_144939.jpg
    20171106_144939.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171106_144949_001.jpg
    20171106_144949_001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171106_145000.jpg
    20171106_145000.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 6, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #4,317 of 31,833
I'm wondering to get a E-mi Ci880 in 11.11 for 18$, since zs6 are more expensive and i'm skipping zs5. Anyone here has something to tell ? Impressions, comparisions etc, or are willing to grab one... People have been very positive about these, but we have so much little information, besides @Vidal review, and @B9Scrambler little comparision with tin audio t2, in the review of t2. A fr graph would be awesome. 18$ seems like a good deal for them.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #4,320 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back