CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 1, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #30,452 of 31,833
Should I just get the 7hz zero? I wanted to get the aria but there is paint chipping. Looking at something fun not a bass head thanks
I wouldn't worry about Aria paint chipping. In fact they look great when all paints were striped IMO. What I can tell is that Aria feels more comfortable than Zero on my ears. (Bear in mind there's fine line of sanding down metal earbuds. Perfectly fine with Aria and aluminum based IEMs, but risk of slight oxidation/rusty red for non-alloy metal based IEMs eg. Hzsound HM).

Also lower the expectations prior buying all these. They're fine, but new pairs are unlikely to wow you, if already having few sets of different signatures in possession. I felt underwhelmed for my past 5, 6 ($50~$150 range)purchases consecutively.

Oct 1, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #30,453 of 31,833
A follow up after listening to these since they arrived: These are the greatest steal of the century. The tuning is spot on. Bass doesn't boom but extends, vocals are up front and center, as are solo instruments, and the highs are clear. Compared to my other $20 IEMs, they are the smoothest. The Letshuoer Zeros are no slouch either. Each of the bunch do things a bit different than others but all are infinitely listenable for sure. These HBBs are well-balanced similar to the Crinacles. That is my summary statement: Well-balanced all for $20 Jeez... Why spend anything more?

When comparing these $20 IEMs with the iBasso IT01s, which are DD also, the IT01s are fuller, richer if you will. It is a subtle but clear difference just as the differences among the $20 IEMs I have. HBB and Crinacle's IEMs are subtly different but I don't feel let down by either one.

This is the heyday of budget IEMs for sure. Now, I'm going to score the Katos. I've been eyeing them for a bit. They will be my first foray into the mid-range IEMs. I started with the iBassos and now I'm hooked. The $20 will be my daily out-and-about drivers.

Damnit, this hobby is 'spensive. (My headphone collection is starring at me and I can hear them sayin', "When you gonna quit listening to dem tarts?" Heh....
any comparison with cca cra (og) or eda balance ?
thanks

Oct 1, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #30,454 of 31,833
Should I just get the 7hz zero? I wanted to get the aria but there is paint chipping. Looking at something fun not a bass head thanks
7Hz Zero is a pretty good starting point for a neutral tuning. Buy that, listen to it for a while and figure out what you do and don't like about how it sounds. Then consider getting another one. If it's truly what you like and you don't feel the need to buy another IEM, then congratulations, you have escaped the rabbit hole. Otherwise, kiss your wallet goodbye! :ksc75smile:

Oct 2, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #30,455 of 31,833
If it's truly what you like and you don't feel the need to buy another IEM, then congratulations, you have escaped the rabbit hole.
There is no such thing here. Curiosity will suck you back to the rabbit hole, even deeper :smile:

Oct 2, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #30,458 of 31,833
OK! Wow, im happy to see this thread is still alive, thanks guy for keeping chifi passio burnin!
I'm mostly active on Chifi Love group now but will try to be more here, since well...FB is FB...and HF is HF.

I just receive the Hzsound Hearth Mirror Pro!
will share you a first impressions now:
These arent warm, its bright-crisp V to W shape, vividly balanced, but not overly excited due to great attack speed, mid bass hit hard yet definition is a bit blurry in edge, not extacly boomy, but the bass pressure is intense, sens of dynamic speed is immediate and in your face. Shouty bass with tight sustain, hum....will i say it, it remind me Blon BL05 bass, but I need to AB them to be sure....

Ok, was going to talk about mids but attack speed is so captivating....this W shape dynamic is insanely energic yet snappy on top....this is how we know its very same DD than original HZM, im 99.9999% certain about this since timbre is similar even if improved alot in mid range.

Yes, this mid range, presence is greatly resolve yet definition edge smoothed, dynamic is intense and upper mids well rounded here...perhaps genius rounded due to very energic tonality i dont understand it doesnt create sibilance or shoutyness...still, while not shouty loudness of presence if quite intense, this make female vocal jump at you with fowards resonance that can surely be fatiguing for some.

Treble is magical, again, a proof its original HZM DD...(well, we will need a tear down to be sure but it seem so for me). Its very crisp, clean when there no bass resonance, rich in micro details and ultra fast and snappy, in fact, its more edgy and controlled in attack as well as more resolve than all rest of spectrum so we still have this ''treble momentum'' with HZ Pro.

Simply put, HZ Pro is a bassier HZM with more mids presence and body, thicker timbre and sligthly softed treble. It's excellent, yet bass quantity affect bass quality as expected.
1664751274475.png

Oct 2, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #30,459 of 31,833
Look at what I just received. First Impressions: Smooth as silk. How the heck can these $20 IEMs sound so good. Bass for days and well controlled to boot. The rest of the frequency band is well-balanced. Smooooooth.

IMG_0086.jpg
whaaat! great! congrats mate

are they dark too?
really wonder how they compare to VK4....

Oct 2, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #30,460 of 31,833
OK! Wow, im happy to see this thread is still alive, thanks guy for keeping chifi passio burnin!
I'm mostly active on Chifi Love group now but will try to be more here, since well...FB is FB...and HF is HF.

I just receive the Hzsound Hearth Mirror Pro!
will share you a first impressions now:
These arent warm, its bright-crisp V to W shape, vividly balanced, but not overly excited due to great attack speed, mid bass hit hard yet definition is a bit blurry in edge, not extacly boomy, but the bass pressure is intense, sens of dynamic speed is immediate and in your face. Shouty bass with tight sustain, hum....will i say it, it remind me Blon BL05 bass, but I need to AB them to be sure....

Ok, was going to talk about mids but attack speed is so captivating....this W shape dynamic is insanely energic yet snappy on top....this is how we know its very same DD than original HZM, im 99.9999% certain about this since timbre is similar even if improved alot in mid range.

Yes, this mid range, presence is greatly resolve yet definition edge smoothed, dynamic is intense and upper mids well rounded here...perhaps genius rounded due to very energic tonality i dont understand it doesnt create sibilance or shoutyness...still, while not shouty loudness of presence if quite intense, this make female vocal jump at you with fowards resonance that can surely be fatiguing for some.

Treble is magical, again, a proof its original HZM DD...(well, we will need a tear down to be sure but it seem so for me). Its very crisp, clean when there no bass resonance, rich in micro details and ultra fast and snappy, in fact, its more edgy and controlled in attack as well as more resolve than all rest of spectrum so we still have this ''treble momentum'' with HZ Pro.

Simply put, HZ Pro is a bassier HZM with more mids presence and body, thicker timbre and sligthly softed treble. It's excellent, yet bass quantity affect bass quality as expected.
1664751274475.png

Bro the HZSound Heart Mirror Pro is almost identical in tonality to the Moondrop Aria 2021:

Graph.jpeg

But for sure the Heart Mirror Pro is better in technicalities on A/B testing. But it is a far cry from the original Heart Mirror's neutral bright tuning.

Oct 3, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #30,462 of 31,833
Hi all.

Very interesting NymPHONOmaniacs Heart Mirror Pro first impression, by Baskingshark replay, it seems a more airy Aria and I could like this a lot 'cos I find Aria pleasing but a little lifeless.

Is this correct and has the Mirror Pro punchier bass?
And how it compare to Yuan Li Tforce?

As neutral/technical sounding iem I'm very pleased with the standard Mirror.

On the other side I'm still looking for my personal TOTL fun iem.
I'm still waiting AE for my Celeste Gumiho.....
By now the IT00 is my dayly preferred, but it is a little to dark and with a loudness effect for my taste.

I've found a good offer for the OH10 on the IKKO LOT store and I'm really tempting. :)
Others iems in my radar are Tipsy Ttrompso, Tri I3 pro or Tingker TK300 (maybe too much V shaped).
I pair it with Xduoo X2s.

Which one you friends suggest me?

Thank's!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #30,463 of 31,833
Hi all.

Very interesting NymPHONOmaniacs Heart Mirror Pro first impression, by Baskingshark replay, it seems a more airy Aria and I could like this a lot 'cos I find Aria pleasing but a little lifeless.

By now the IT00 is my dayly preferred, but it is a little to dark and with a loudness effect for my taste.

I've found a good offer for the OH10 on the IKKO LOT store and I'm really tempting. :)
Others iems in my radar are Tipsy Ttrompso, Tri I3 pro or Tingker TK300 (maybe too much V shaped).

Thank's!
TRI I3Pro and Tipsy TTROMSO are both thick, warm tunings, a lot of fun and good for long listening sessions without fatigue. Dan's Audio reviews had comparison of I3Pro with some other IEMs. He trashed them, but many of the comments preferred them over the OH10! HBB did a turn around on the I3Pro in one of his recent planar roundups, his earlier impressions had been pretty scathing. TROMSO doesn't have the treble detail of the I3Pro, but is good value for half the price. Very good stage given the tuning.

Audiosense AQ4 is also worth checking out if you want a warm tuning around $200. Not as warm as the other two and has MMCX instead of 2 pin. Still has good note weight but a little cleaner. :L3000:

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #30,464 of 31,833
Bro the HZSound Heart Mirror Pro is almost identical in tonality to the Moondrop Aria 2021:

Graph.jpeg

But for sure the Heart Mirror Pro is better in technicalities on A/B testing. But it is a far cry from the original Heart Mirror's neutral bright tuning.
need to AB them, but bass seem more boomy with HZ Pro, mids more energic as well as overall dynamic less laid back.
happy you got them and graph them! happy to see you here too bro! what eartips do you use with the Pro, for now its KB07 and Starlines (as always lol)

what IEM stand apart for you in last 3 months?

I,m very in love with Tangzu Zetian Wu, my fav planar in term of tonality...i have 7 planars now lol these, S12 and P1plus are ma go to

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #30,465 of 31,833
Hi all.

Thank's!
i need more listen and to at least do first A-B, but i know Aria on hands since i listen to them regularly still
HZ Pro is brighter V shape, punchier bass indeed, less linear and clean sub bass extension, timbre seem a hint thicker-brighter in mids and treble more crunchy snappy less airy and delicate....let say it's an Aria with more balls lol
Not bad and i will try to compare those 2 in my detailed review.

what im curious about too, is if we do vent mod to OG HZM, did we get the pro for 40$ less?? will perhaps try....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back