CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 3, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #30,466 of 31,833
TRI I3Pro and Tipsy TTROMSO are both thick, warm tunings, a lot of fun and good for long listening sessions without fatigue. Dan's Audio reviews had comparison of I3Pro with some other IEMs. He trashed them, but many of the comments preferred them over the OH10! HBB did a turn around on the I3Pro in one of his recent planar roundups, his earlier impressions had been pretty scathing. TROMSO doesn't have the treble detail of the I3Pro, but is good value for half the price. Very good stage given the tuning.

Audiosense AQ4 is also worth checking out if you want a warm tuning around $200. Not as warm as the other two and has MMCX instead of 2 pin. Still has good note weight but a little cleaner. :L3000:
Great suggestioni the AQ4, they sims my cup of tee!
Maybe I have to wait for the 11/11 AE discount. 😉
Thank's Carpet.👍

i need more listen and to at least do first A-B, but i know Aria on hands since i listen to them regularly still
HZ Pro is brighter V shape, punchier bass indeed, less linear and clean sub bass extension, timbre seem a hint thicker-brighter in mids and treble more crunchy snappy less airy and delicate....let say it's an Aria with more balls lol
Not bad and i will try to compare those 2 in my detailed review.

what im curious about too, is if we do vent mod to OG HZM, did we get the pro for 40$ less?? will perhaps try....
Esactly what I like to read.
Thank's NimPHONOmaniacs.😃

I did the mesh mod to OG HZM with the Tanya mesh and I use the HZM so with the original cable and Final tips...just an hint more bass and warm general sound, really just an hint, but pleasant.
Obviously I can't compare it with the Pro but I suspect the Pro response curve is more effective.
Maybe you may try and report us.😃

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #30,467 of 31,833
Hi all.

Very interesting NymPHONOmaniacs Heart Mirror Pro first impression, by Baskingshark replay, it seems a more airy Aria and I could like this a lot 'cos I find Aria pleasing but a little lifeless.

Is this correct and has the Mirror Pro punchier bass?
And how it compare to Yuan Li Tforce?

As neutral/technical sounding iem I'm very pleased with the standard Mirror.

On the other side I'm still looking for my personal TOTL fun iem.
I'm still waiting AE for my Celeste Gumiho.....
By now the IT00 is my dayly preferred, but it is a little to dark and with a loudness effect for my taste.

I've found a good offer for the OH10 on the IKKO LOT store and I'm really tempting. :)
Others iems in my radar are Tipsy Ttrompso, Tri I3 pro or Tingker TK300 (maybe too much V shaped).
I pair it with Xduoo X2s.

Which one you friends suggest me?

Thank's!

The Heart Mirror Pro has better dynamics and technicalities than the Aria 2021, while keeping the same tonal balance. I do think it is a marginal upgrade over the Aria 2021.

OH10 is a really nice midFI V shaped set with superb bass. May be a little bright and heavy in the shells, but for good reason, it is still one of the most recommended $100ish V shaped sets even after a few years on the market. I like the sound but found it a bit heavy for prolonged use, so YMMV. Maybe u can audition it first to try the fit? No point if something sounds heavenly but you cannot tolerate the fit for long? But if the fit is okay, it is really a very good V shaped set.

Tingker TK300 is another V shaped set with big bass too, but it is very uncomfortable and timbre is a bit metallic. OH10 beats it for technicalities also. I would take the OH10 over it if the price is the same.

need to AB them, but bass seem more boomy with HZ Pro, mids more energic as well as overall dynamic less laid back.
happy you got them and graph them! happy to see you here too bro! what eartips do you use with the Pro, for now its KB07 and Starlines (as always lol)

what IEM stand apart for you in last 3 months?

I,m very in love with Tangzu Zetian Wu, my fav planar in term of tonality...i have 7 planars now lol these, S12 and P1plus are ma go to

I use stock tips with the Heart Mirror Pro.

Yeah the Zetian Wu has really excellent tonality for a planar, though maybe it isn't as technical as the Timeless/S12, but the tonality is really good. Timbre is not too bad for a planar also. Definitely a nice planar to consider from the usual brighter planars.

As for any stand-out IEM of the past 3 months, actually most of the releases are sidegrades that aren't talked about after a few weeks. Almost every week, a new hype-train is released, but nothing really is ground-breaking TBH. I still use the Tanchjim Oxygen, Sony XBA N3 and Sony M9 most days.

Any good IEMs of the past 3 months from your side to recommend?

Oct 3, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #30,468 of 31,833
The Heart Mirror Pro has better dynamics and technicalities than the Aria 2021, while keeping the same tonal balance. I do think it is a marginal upgrade over the Aria 2021.

OH10 is a really nice midFI V shaped set with superb bass. May be a little bright and heavy in the shells, but for good reason, it is still one of the most recommended $100ish V shaped sets even after a few years on the market. I like the sound but found it a bit heavy for prolonged use, so YMMV. Maybe u can audition it first to try the fit? No point if something sounds heavenly but you cannot tolerate the fit for long? But if the fit is okay, it is really a very good V shaped set.

Tingker TK300 is another V shaped set with big bass too, but it is very uncomfortable and timbre is a bit metallic. OH10 beats it for technicalities also. I would take the OH10 over it if the price is the same.

Yeah the Zetian Wu has really excellent tonality for a planar, though maybe it isn't as technical as the Timeless/S12, but the tonality is really good. Timbre is not too bad for a planar also. Definitely a nice planar to consider from the usual brighter planars.

As for any stand-out IEM of the past 3 months, actually most of the releases are sidegrades that aren't talked about after a few weeks. Almost every week, a new hype-train is released, but nothing really is ground-breaking TBH. I still use the Tanchjim Oxygen, Sony XBA N3 and Sony M9 most days.

Well, the Zetian is kind of a very big crush, so this might be it since i was mostly into planars game...always finding something wrong about timbral balance for my ears...Zetian is king of versatility for me, very usefull due to varied music style i listen too.

I did enjoy neutrality of Kinera Golden 2.0. Not so much the Hodur Ive just review even if Wow effect of magnetostat did work for some days...

Another warm all arounder I still enjoy and use is the Audiosense Aq4. These and T800 are only one i use from...7 models of AS i own. Still curious about DT200 tough! And AQ7 even if what i read is a bit mitiged...

Oh, and strangely, i enjoy quite alot the THhifi Character too, love the bass performance...
CCA CRA+ is only KZ keeper in last months as well...

thats about it. Nothing truely phenomenal technical performance wise...
im quite into dongles lately, have a crush on Moondrop Dawn and Questyle M15

Oct 3, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #30,469 of 31,833

Sadly I can't try any iems, I blind buy on AE (in Italy we are not lucky about iems shopping, only most famous trademarks or very chep consumer product without possibility to try them) this is the reasons i trust a lot in the
forumer suggestions. 😉😃

So confident in your, Carpet and NimPHONOmaniacs opinions I'll take in my basket OM10 and AQ4. 👍

I'm waiting for more info about AZM pro....😎😉

Thank's all!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #30,470 of 31,833
Well, the Zetian is kind of a very big crush, so this might be it since i was mostly into planars game...always finding something wrong about timbral balance for my ears...Zetian is king of versatility for me, very usefull due to varied music style i listen too.

I did enjoy neutrality of Kinera Golden 2.0. Not so much the Hodur Ive just review even if Wow effect of magnetostat did work for some days...

Another warm all arounder I still enjoy and use is the Audiosense Aq4. These and T800 are only one i use from...7 models of AS i own. Still curious about DT200 tough! And AQ7 even if what i read is a bit mitiged...

Oh, and strangely, i enjoy quite alot the THhifi Character too, love the bass performance...
CCA CRA+ is only KZ keeper in last months as well...

thats about it. Nothing truely phenomenal technical performance wise...
im quite into dongles lately, have a crush on Moondrop Dawn and Questyle M15

The Audiosense DT200 is a warm neutral set with excellent timbre (for a pure BA IEM) and tonality. Great fit and isolation also.

Unfortunately the technicalities are like grade C/D, closed soundstage, fuzzy imaging, poor micro-details and instrument separation.

So it is kind of a one trick pony. At $100+ USD, I expect at least average to above average in all departments, you can't just ace tonality but have sub-par technicalities. If it were a $20 IEM like BLON BL-03, I can close one eye if technicalities are weak, since it is cheap. But at $100+, that's not really acceptable, and there are other IEMs with better value at that price range.

Audiosense AQ7 is bad, I sold it off after a few weeks. Wonky tonality (boosted sub bass and upper mids), plasticky BA timbre and weird imaging. Good micro-detailing though. Gets a D grade from me.

Sadly I can't try any iems, I blind buy on AE (in Italy we are not lucky about iems shopping, only most famous trademarks or very chep consumer product without possibility to try them) this is the reasons i trust a lot in the
forumer suggestions. 😉😃

So confident in your, Carpet and NimPHONOmaniacs opinions I'll take in my basket OM10 and AQ4. 👍

I'm waiting for more info about AZM pro....😎😉

Thank's all!

Congrats!

I think in the worst case scenerio that the IKKO OH10 doesn't fit, you can still find buyers for it, that's how popular they are.

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #30,471 of 31,833
Got myself the Gumiho now, Talos shipment is still no way to be found :frowning2: IDK where it is. Impressions on the Gumiho will follow soon :)

celest.jpg

Oct 4, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #30,472 of 31,833
BGVP Scale arrived today (2 DD, 22$).

• Nice transparent shell and faceplate design
  • Cable is simple but looks, feels and behaves much better than KZ cables
Sound is, hm, don't know yet. Definitively not bad sounding. Has its own character. Mid bass focused. First BGVP set I listen to.
I guess the bass curve with sub bass roll off is the BGVP signature sound (see measurement below)?

1664882387162.jpeg

1664882401774.jpeg

1664882417134.jpeg

1664882707756.jpeg

1664882735670.jpeg

1664882753687.jpeg

1664882769297.jpeg

Frequency Response Graph:

1664882830137.png

https://harpo.squig.link/?share=BGVP_Scale

Oct 4, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #30,473 of 31,833
Got myself the Gumiho now, Talos shipment is still no way to be found :frowning2: IDK where it is. Impressions on the Gumiho will follow soon :)

yeah, need impressions asap mate!

you didnt share it yet on Chifi Love lol
still waiting mine. Oh canada! well, Kinera tell me they have difficulties with 3D printers for housing....like...they loose 100pcs a week...in fact, i know too that profit margin is Absurdly small about those...no wonder with such drivers and a nice cable...
still excited about those though more realist. it do open new chifi doors which we are about to be impress with.
sub-50$ real planars will come sooooon to!

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #30,474 of 31,833

Sound is, hm, don't know yet. Definitively not bad sounding. Has its own character. Mid bass focused. First BGVP set I listen to.
I guess the bass curve with sub bass roll off is the BGVP signature sound (see measurement below)?

1664882387162.jpeg
1664882401774.jpeg

1664882417134.jpeg

1664882707756.jpeg

1664882735670.jpeg

1664882753687.jpeg
1664882769297.jpeg

1664882830137.png
muddy bass? let say this is what graph suggest but it can deliver appealing warmth too...curious about any 2DD.
will follow your impressions mate.

Oct 4, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #30,475 of 31,833
¹

1664882387162.jpeg
1664882401774.jpeg

1664882417134.jpeg

1664882707756.jpeg

1664882735670.jpeg

1664882753687.jpeg
1664882769297.jpeg

1664882830137.png
Meh. I was excited for that one. ~$20 is so crowded, no chance for a miss

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #30,476 of 31,833
Have been enjoying the HZsound Hearth Mirror PRO quite alot this morning, so ive decide to give a listen to Aria too...

HZ Pro bass is quite different, it hit harder but have less clean sub bass, less boosted too. Rumble is cleaner with the Aria while more resonance-boomy with the HZpro.
Mids are leaner with the Aria, with ligher note weight and more distant and dry female vocal...yep, that surprise me too...
Resolution is higher with Aria too, layering is more transparent and instrument have more space btw them, it sound more airy and open too.
HZ mids are brighter and more upper mids fowards, attack have more edge, violin more bite and feel less blunted than Aria.
Treble is more energic, crunchy bit shouty with HZpro, Aria is dryer overall but crisper on top....
Technical performance seem at least faste with the HZpro, cant conclude anything yet but my bet go on HZ for now...yet, it seem we have more sound info with Aria...hum...
Let say HZ is notably more energic, thumpy and fun to listen to, yet Aria can still surprise use with its effortless resolution that seem to cover fuller response....soundstage is notably wider deeper with Aria, sub bass more clean and vibrant, treble seem more extended in a delicate way yet mids are leaner as well as overall dynamic ''duller'' more laid back, less W shape

thats just my impulsive impressions...

1664892415126.png

Oct 5, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #30,477 of 31,833
Just receive the Sonic Memory SM2.

it seem its a sub brand of NFaudio (well, carrying case at least)
these are crisp neutral, very bass light, with incredible attack speed. in fact, treble part is magnificent and dig crazy amount of texture nuance and micro details, percussions timing is cleany restitute, their a beautifull brilliance...very impressive in that regard.

Mids are transparent, a bit Aria like...so bit think and light in note weight, yet imaging is excellent.
Bass is the ''underwhelming'' part, especially in sub bass which is roll of, so while bass line are great in texture and definition, their not rumble or body to it...this make it hard to follow acoustic bass line extension in jazz or electric bass line is busy rock track...yet kick drum is freakin awesone...this is surprising to say the least! its beautifully rounded, textured and define with tigh energic punch....

Ill say these are more suited for instrumental music than pop or beat heavy music, vocal a more about presence than body.

These are technical beast, no doubt. mature neutral with magnify resolution....treble quality lover will like those too.
1664981472355.png

i made a post about unboxing ''accessories'' on Chif Love....very very funny. most overwhelming packaging of my whole chifi life! lol

1664981563863.png

Oct 5, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #30,478 of 31,833
Bro the HZSound Heart Mirror Pro is almost identical in tonality to the Moondrop Aria 2021:

But for sure the Heart Mirror Pro is better in technicalities on A/B testing. But it is a far cry from the original Heart Mirror's neutral bright tuning.
"But it is a far cry from the original Heart Mirror's neutral bright tuning."

Is that a good or bad thing?

Oct 6, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #30,479 of 31,833
"But it is a far cry from the original Heart Mirror's neutral bright tuning."

Is that a good or bad thing?

Well the original Heart Mirror (non pro) was very unique as it was one of the rare neutralish IEMs at the budget segment. Most of the similar priced competitors are V shaped or Harmanish.

In fact, it is kind of a misnomer to call this Heart Mirror Pro a "Pro" version of the original Heart Mirror, since tonally they are very different.

89bfde93-7fc2-4aa4-8a8d-02d8784c6982.jpeg

So the new Heart Mirror Pro is quite harmanish, and is very similar in tonality to other sub $100 single DDs like the Aria 2021, Tin T3 Plus etc. They all appear to be sidegrades of each other, not much value-add TBH.

Harman tuning is a safe option for manufacturers, since most people will prefer it tonally, so I get where they are coming from. They probably don't want to take too much risks with an extreme tuning, but if majority of budget IEMs use a Harman variant, then how do you stand out from the competition? (Well you can get a one-up over the rivals by sporting some anime waifu babe packaging or claiming some uranium driver).

Oct 6, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #30,480 of 31,833
Well the original Heart Mirror (non pro) was very unique as it was one of the rare neutralish IEMs at the budget segment. Most of the similar priced competitors are V shaped or Harmanish.

In fact, it is kind of a misnomer to call this Heart Mirror Pro a "Pro" version of the original Heart Mirror, since tonally they are very different.

So the new Heart Mirror Pro is quite harmanish, and is very similar in tonality to other sub $100 single DDs like the Aria 2021, Tin T3 Plus etc. They all appear to be sidegrades of each other, not much value-add TBH.

Harman tuning is a safe option for manufacturers, since most people will prefer it tonally, so I get where they are coming from. They probably don't want to take too much risks with an extreme tuning, but if majority of budget IEMs use a Harman variant, then how do you stand out from the competition? (Well you can get a one-up over the rivals by sporting some anime waifu babe packaging or claiming some uranium driver).

Sadly, I don't find it hard to believe that someone would try to convince people to buy an earphone with a uranium driver! :triportsad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back