CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 5, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #2,896 of 31,867
Nice. Do you also have the **** 4in1? I've been curious how it compares to the 6in1.
I have them in the past, 4in1 are brighter and more neutral with less bass and smaller but deeper soundstage. I have a big issue with comfort due to form factor with 4in1 too so did not use them often!

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #2,897 of 31,867
+1
I don't have many IEMs, but the Urbanfun HiFi is my favorite for metal (I listen to thrash, death, power and black for the most part) among ROCK Zircon and Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD.
I'm also waiting for a pair of Einsear T2. I'm very curious about how it will perform with extreme metal.
i'd add the boarseman kr49 to that list--they're bass monsters with very good clarity; likewise the senzer h1

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #2,899 of 31,867
Not impressed with the UiiSii HM8 - seems a step backwards but need to listen to the HM7 again to be sure. Hi805 is a much better bet IMO

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,900 of 31,867
PMV A01 MK2 mini review of an underated analytical beast:

Why didnt we hear alot about this PMV iem on headfi is unknown to me, perhaps some guru tell the crownd that it can destroy your eardrum very fast if badly use, wich it's true like we must of earphone, this very one should be use with care cause like with vivid HD big screen that can make you blind if you look at them to much, the PMV is so intensely ''HD'' in it's rendering that for loud music listener like me it can be traumatising and very dangerous, but beauty is in danger with the A01, and as we say devils in hide in details, it's a hell of a fun to be dangerously musical!

LOW: Low are punchy and hard hitting, no extremely deep but very well rendered, listening to IDM with these can be a revelation for some cause of all the bass layers we got, they never mix togheter, and have great texture, if we got sub rumble its rendered in a cerebral way, not in a vibrating full of air way. The bass can feel asocial, cause mid and high perform in there own soundspace, more than ever, with the PMV, I feel 3 drivers is used in a very autoritative way and tweaked by a perfectionist that really know what he do.

MID: Yes, PMV are kind-of-bright, using memory foam tips really help to tame the brightness quite a lot, in fact, I was using slim silicone tips in the begining to have the drivers nearer to my ears and I don't think it was meant to be listen this way, now I do not heard the hissing of extended treble, and sound is rounder, still, the signature is very balanced, U shaped with extra clear vocal but not mid-centric at all, all the details of all frequencies range give a extremly complex layerings that surrender the vocal and can distract listener from there favorite signer, anyway, here, I talk of complex tracks, if it's intimate signing it will sound wonderfull. However, the mid isn't cold sounding, they are less textured and peaky than the high and are never hard to concentrate on when you give the effort (comparatively to iem that just can't render clearly the mid in the middle of a too warm sound).

HIGHS: Here the Love or hate story, i'm in the loving team here, and was very critical about it, as said, memory foam is a must for 2 reason, less unatural brightness and better comfort and fit (tips are promp to pop up of ears cause of housing strawberry form). Treble extension is just out of this world and this iem are the more revealing one with the better layering and instruments separation I own, you can crave for microdetails and even if you got pair of iem that you think they give you new details, this PMV is from another league here cause it not 1 driver with the treble pushed to the max, but 1 dynamic and 2 balanced armature that are very well tweaked, wow effect is ultimate.

Comfort and construction: Hum, that's the drawback I think, housing have a strange form for my ears and with the silicone tips it always go out of there (only way to keep them there would be to glue them in there). Cablle is over ear but have no memory wire and it's the weight of you DAP that will keep them well placed, quality of one part is good but second part, the one connect to earphone, is at risk...so this iem should be use carefully (wich I do not do).

My note is a big enthusiast 8.5 out of 10, sound is a 9, near perfection cause it's too much fun to listen at!!!
agree with all of the above--the pmv are a pretty significant leap over the <$50 giants touted on these pages. my only small nit is that the bass isn't quite as fast and etched as ideal, tho it doesn't bleed over. overall these sound "live" and are a fantastic value at $60.

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #2,901 of 31,867
I wrote on another forum that I have the following ciems on order:

KZ ZS5
**** XBA 6in1
Urbanfun hybrid
MyGeek Professional Wood
Tennmak Crazy Cello

One of the things I am looking for in these is good isolation for use on airplanes. I don't fly a lot anymore, but when I do, it is between Paraguay, where I am living now, and the U.S.

So, does this come down more to what ear tips I use, or would there be a preference for one of these 5 for that purpose. Source would be my phone, a Nexus 6p or my laptop, an Asus Zenbook U303LA I think.

Oh, I listen to a pretty wide range of music, from large orchestral classical (Mahler, Bruckner, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, etc.), Pop (Sia, Coldplay, etc.), older progressive rock, like Genesis, Steve Hackett, some 90s rock like Tears for Fears, and some newer stuff, like the Jezebels, more alt-indie type stuff.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #2,902 of 31,867

KZ ZS5
**** XBA 6in1
Urbanfun hybrid
MyGeek Professional Wood
Tennmak Crazy Cello

One of the things I am looking for in these is good isolation for use on airplanes. I don't fly a lot anymore, but when I do, it is between Paraguay, where I am living now, and the U.S.

So, does this come down more to what ear tips I use, or would there be a preference for one of these 5 for that purpose. Source would be my phone, a Nexus 6p or my laptop, an Asus Zenbook U303LA I think.

Oh, I listen to a pretty wide range of music, from large orchestral classical (Mahler, Bruckner, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, etc.), Pop (Sia, Coldplay, etc.), older progressive rock, like Genesis, Steve Hackett, some 90s rock like Tears for Fears, and some newer stuff, like the Jezebels, more alt-indie type stuff.

Just to clarify, those would be IEMs, not CIEMs, since they aren't custom :wink:

Jul 7, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #2,903 of 31,867

KZ ZS5
**** XBA 6in1
Urbanfun hybrid
MyGeek Professional Wood
Tennmak Crazy Cello

you might want to try some different tips. for me, foam tips work usually the best, but ymmv.

Jul 7, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #2,904 of 31,867

KZ ZS5
**** XBA 6in1
Urbanfun hybrid
MyGeek Professional Wood
Tennmak Crazy Cello

Man, you made really nice interesting choice for SOUND Quality, but not exactly for noise cancelation, for that, custom like iem like tennmak pro (not particularly good for classical tough for that Tennmak Piano would be better), **** UES hybrid could be very interesting but for pop it's very bass light, hum, so I think ZS5 cancel the more noise but could not confirm because I don't receive them yet:frowning2: Anyway, if you use memory foams tips it cancel noise quite a lot with any earphones.

Jul 7, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #2,905 of 31,867
Man, you made really nice interesting choice for SOUND Quality, but not exactly for noise cancelation, for that, custom like iem like tennmak pro (not particularly good for classical tough for that Tennmak Piano would be better), **** UES hybrid could be very interesting but for pop it's very bass light, hum, so I think ZS5 cancel the more noise but could not confirm because I don't receive them yet:frowning2: Anyway, if you use memory foams tips it cancel noise quite a lot with any earphones.

Thanks. I have several different types of tips on order. As far as my selections, you are either to thank or to blame for a number of them! :beyersmile:

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #2,906 of 31,867
I got my ZS5's off Gearbest. Came in a box with all included accessories, no complaints here.

My ZST Blue came from GB completely sealed in the small retail box not the larger box with the magnetic flap..No complaints though I think the larger box is a bit of waste...imo

The ZST's are among my most comfortable iem's, I absolutely love the way they fit and sound.

The ZS5's are most definitely not a rip-off, I don't know where you heard that. Great iems at a great price, I would highly recommend them to anyone. Not the most comfortable for some though.

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #2,907 of 31,867
Thanks. I have several different types of tips on order. As far as my selections, you are either to thank or to blame for a number of them! :beyersmile:
britney-gif-1472919886.gif

Jul 8, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2,908 of 31,867
For AU$12 delivered to my door my mind is blown. They perform too well for their price...they come across natural... just have to crank it up a bit. I'm referring to the Remax RM-610D here. Excellent spot audiobudget

I have ordered most of the list and some are still on the way. My favorite for Jazz so far is the warm wooden beauty the DZAT DF-10... oh the packaging for these... I felt though as if I received a classy personal box from China. For AU$30 another value gem. Amazing sound quality that does a lot of things well.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #2,909 of 31,867
Let's say if I get a good IEM like the ZS5, in terms of sound quality, are the cable with inline mic inferior to those without? And if so, can anybody explain why?

Would love the convenience of the inline mic/remote but don't know if it's worth it if it's much much worse compared to a standard cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back