CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #28,291 of 31,833
I see that the Moondrop Spaceship is missing from your list. I know you're not a fan of it but I think with deep insertion via final E-type small tips and a good source, it's one of the most neutral budget IEMs out there.

IMG_6999_cr.JPG

Waiting for your impressions on them. I have one and I am not a fan at all to say the least. The sound is very dry, emotionless, and the fit is painful for me (only foam tips are comfortable but then the treble gets even more subdued).

Is it still sold anymore though?

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #28,293 of 31,833
There is still plenty Spaceship seller in my place.
back then, it wasn't part of my rec list because it have fixed cable. most chifi on that price is already use replaceable cable.
Considering that cable will be the one break first and not all people could fix it, i having hardtime to rec it to my friends and family over other iem that do have replaceable cable.

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #28,294 of 31,833
Just ordered Final Audio E3000. Currently on offer from Amazon Au for AU$49 (circa US$38).

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #28,295 of 31,833
Yes, I did.

I liked the Mirror. Have a video I made, but my editor had some health issues a while ago, so my video schedule is waaay offset from my written pieces. The Mirror had a nice sound, but darn heavy, like Seeds 2 from Hiby.

I should keep an eye out for issues on the NM2+, only did Na2 so far. Complciated stuff when the names are so close to each other...

Did you like the Mirror or NF Audio stuff better?
Noice. Man, the HZ are finally getting intense attention on FB audio groups, i feel less of a lonely man yealing in dark now even if NBBA got plenty of fan since about 6months.

SO, ya, I prefer Mirror over NM2+ even if vocal are fuller with the latter. It just can't keep up in term of speed attack, which inflict on imaging and accuracy in general.

Sorry to heard your editorr(?) have healt issue mate. Wow your intensely BIG now...like...a reviews manufacture or something lol

You should get your hand on AUNE JASPER???? I just review them and they blow my mind. My mind is rarely blown, thus the surprise...especially if we take in account its their first IEM release. They should stop making DAC-DAP-AMP asap (jk) and concentrate on IEM!!!

And what about the ARIA have you try it?

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #28,296 of 31,833
SO, i dont know if you heard the ''urban legend'' that create some polemic in geek audio group, but a rumor stating both HZSOUND MIRROR AND BLON BL05S USE VERY SAME DYNAMIC DRIVERS spread...so i was obsessed to know if its true so i got my hand on BL05S after they try to hype them...

When i give them a listen I have similar yuck face to when I listen to the first BL05. Timbre was just wrong and harsh. Attack fowards-shouty. And then a let them burrn in...pretty certain they arent same drivers AT ALL.

Then I ask a pro-IEM-teardown (not Delta) to open this up, and voila!

1622764892453.png

(pic is from Jeffrey F)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #28,297 of 31,833
KBEAR NEON just appear!
Extremely promising!!!!!! Apart from IEM construction which is a bit cheapish.

UPDATE 2:
trying the DEEP INSERTION WAY (Final E small tips) and indeed, something magical happen! level of clarity go next level in ultra clean spacious way, bass is more textured leaner in extension, mids are textured, wide, transparent...What. OK, a hype will born. The NEON are crazy good! Now i will do long listen session and shut my mouth.

Some (too soon) firt impressions (not deep insertion):
These are utterly EAR TIPS DEPENDANT, i struggle to find the one that OPEN the sound and finally set up for stock KZ STARLINES tips. This do expend soundstage in all axis as well as improving imaging-layering and yep, bass weight slam! Very nice but not at all Deeeep insertion way, quite the contrary. So, i think their will be 2 camps about NEON sound signature.
What hit first is how sweet, rich, nuanced and smooth is the timbre, ah, this Knowles BA model is sure maestro in that regard.
After its mids-highs clarity, realism and fast yet effortless presentation, again, this is where imaging is very coherent.
Bass is tamed and shy in extension but with good mid bass punch (with right eartips), so not exactly neutral, perhaps slight boost in there.
It seem they need power to shine too, but thats to be tested furter.
Mid centric smoothed W shape to neutral with slight bass boost signature and some roll off in 20hz-20KHZ section. These seem to excell with vocal based and insturmental music, not suggest for rap, electronic big beat stuffs.

194215940_10157617869211581_9072071983438282800_n.jpg194781355_10157617869401581_8555227142517570929_n.jpg194786152_10157617869696581_7569873343421796503_n.jpg194494276_10157617869501581_1727175377526681509_n.jpg
Double down on the point.

• These require triple/double flange DEEP INSERTION for them to shine! They'll sound okay without, but somewhat average IMO.
  • It's basically a good looking version of mod ER4 replica. Not for bassheads!
  • Like all the Etymotic earbuds. They'll look dorky on your head.
  • Not for outdoor usage due to fit/weight distribution.

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #28,298 of 31,833

• These require triple/double flange DEEP INSERTION for them to shine! They'll sound okay without, but somewhat average IMO.
Exactly mate!
But unfortunately, i can't get use to this type of ear canal intrusion...

For those that can: Jump on these! Phenomenaly clean clarity!

Jun 4, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #28,300 of 31,833

I will triple down on the deep insertion. If you think these are an Ety that doesn't need a deep fit, nope. I went small Final E tips and you need to push them into the first bend in your ear. If you look dorky, they aren't in far enough. The cable should be nearly flush with your ear like an Ety or Final. Without a deep insertion, I was saying the same as @NymPHONOmaniac , what tips can possibly open this sound up. My only Ety set is an ER4XR and those have more at both ends than the Neon, and cost a lot more. Even with the deep fit, the ER4XR still has more detail, clarity, and stage width than the Neon. If you aren't a fan of that ER4XR upper mid/treble intensity, the Neon is more polite in that respect, maybe easier over a longer listening session.

Foam tips make good pics, not good sound
2021-06-03 12.52.37.jpg
2021-06-03 12.58.37.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #28,301 of 31,833
After seeing all these red & blue Neons I'm wondering if I made a mistake of ordering the black one 🤔

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #28,302 of 31,833
I have been offered the opportunity to review the BQEYZ Summer IEM. As part of my research I have been listening to other piezo equipped IEMs in my collection. As well as a well known Delta Tango Six I have been Revisiting the wonderful Artiste DC1 which is an absolute bargain and still available here:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32853318137.html
Another one is the Elecom CB1000 which is even better but not very often found. I will be comparing them to the Summer later on.

Jun 4, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #28,303 of 31,833
Hey Guys! I have a budget of about $100, and I wonder what you guys opinion on what I should purchase. I've looked at the Aria which is highly recommended. But am wondering what else could be good, I want an iem with good comfort and fit a wide soundstage and good for hip hop and occasionally vocal oriented music. I've fallen over tough times as of late and figured listening to music would cheer me up. Thanks in advance 👍

Jun 4, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #28,304 of 31,833
Hey Guys! I have a budget of about $100, and I wonder what you guys opinion on what I should purchase. I've looked at the Aria which is highly recommended. But am wondering what else could be good, I want an iem with good comfort and fit a wide soundstage and good for hip hop and occasionally vocal oriented music. I've fallen over tough times as of late and figured listening to music would cheer me up. Thanks in advance 👍
Sorry to hear about your hard times, friend. For good bass and wide soundstage, plus comfort, the Final Audio E3000 will get the job done nicely. Preserve the cable life by wearing it up and over the ear. Hope things get better; they usually do. Music is better than drugs or alcohol.

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #28,305 of 31,833
I see you are in Australia. The E3000 are on offer at Amazon AU for AU$49. I ordered a pair on Wednesday and arrived on Thursday.
Too early yet for me to say much about how they sound, although the reviews on here seem to match my early impressions (check out the head gear section of site).

Was surprised how small they are. They are tiny. Comfort is excellent, you forget they are even there, however I didn't use the ear tips that they came with, as is mentioned in the reviews.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back