Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 19, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #33,166 of 33,689
Hi friends, KBEAR Neon is released now. Just grab the chance to enjoy $5 off, and then get it at US $44.99!! :beerchug:

Neon is equipped with a single BA, Knowles 29689 imported form the U.S.. Want to have a more clearer and cleaner sound? Neon is designed for you! Cheers up!

Product link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.2.720b65ce3CrP0W

6.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

May 27, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #33,167 of 33,689
Does this look like the Aurora in yesterday's scenery picture?
Is it the one that you described in your sentence?
Aurora makes its debut today and will bring about more information in the near future!

One thing about Aurora is that its sound can compete with the Believe's! Please stay tuned! :wink:

KBEAR Aurora.jpg

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #33,168 of 33,689
On the way: BQEYZ Summer. Impressions as soon as possible!

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #33,169 of 33,689
Finally, my long awaited review of the CCA CKX
WeChat Image_20210528155110.jpgWeChat Image_20210528155127.jpg
About the CCA CKX

Currently, the CCA CKX is one of the latest earphone to hit the market by CCA (Clear Concept Audio), a sister company to KZ (Knowledge Zenith), which I’ll reveal some positive results that will eventually be an interesting in-ear monitor scaling a lot smaller in size when compared to your average DD plus multi BA monitor setup. But, make no doubt, these are going to be one of the better one’s likely for its sonic presentation and small compact appearance, which in my personal opinion will benefit many listener’s ears in shape and size,…But, more on that later!

First off, I want to thank Mr. Wu from CCA for sending the CCA CKX in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost starts as low as $61 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to store purchased, the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost.
Hf396a4abc2c14c1aa903d224e8b5a0b0j.jpg NOTE: They can be purchased in Black or Silver.
*Picture is Courtesy of CCA for the CCA CKX

As many in head-fi may know by now, CCA has become "common ground" for competitive in-ear earphones at a fraction of the cost, especially for their nicely balanced, low costing and well-made budget earphones that can compete with costlier branded ones. They have launched several in-ear earphones since then, and now their CKX model that sports a 14 driver unit consisting of two BA per side for highs, four BA’s per side for lower and higher MID’s, plus one dynamic driver per side for bass, which punches above and beyond many dynamic units bringing a type of sonic-like approach to the whole signature that you must hear to appreciate.
Hbdab25846ab64741a8f271d27bcb38cdq.jpgHf1c6632d9b5e4e45bb93956e0d7b8e6fI.jpgCCA CKX FR Graph.jpg
*Picture is Courtesy of CCA for the CCA CKX

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a magnificent balanced sonic signature that will enlighten all your senses of enjoyment with your own personal selection of music. With the perfect bass punch and evenly sought-out lively and clear midrange and brilliant treble they will definitely entertain the most seasoned audiophiles, IMHO.
WeChat Image_20210528155213.jpg
WeChat Image_20210528155145.jpgWeChat Image_20210528155156.jpg
PACKAGE:
Other than the package being completely white, compact, but thick, they carry the usual accessories, which includes a pair of in-ear metal/alloy housing earphones, detachable cable, extra-large, medium, and small silicone ear tips, and manual and warranty card all in one small square packaged box.
WeChat Image_20210528155134.jpg
NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
After burning the CKX for at least 100 hours, the soundstage opened up with incredible ease and with a lively sense of listening experience. Comfort was surprisingly a BIG PLUS as well after incorporating all those drivers into a compact housing...Wow! Well done, CCA! So, besides having such a unique sonic balanced sound signature, they have a good form and shape that can be worn for hours at a time.
WeChat Image_20210528155140.jpg
SOUND:
BASS:

The bass expresses a punchy-like sonic signature that can extend very low with excellent texture, richness, and with plenty of sub-sonic coherent details that makes them an excellent choice for monitoring purposes. I applaud them for such a feat when compared to your typical bass IEM with less maturity in this area.

MIDRANGE:
It looks like the midrange is the high light of the CKX with a beautifully refined vocal response, whether male or female, and with an emphasis of sounding bright, but not overly done. The vocals express a realistic environment fulfilling the balance the bass and treble needs for the constant harmony it produces for one of the best sounding signatures in their price range.

TREBLE:
The treble is bright, but not strident and demonstrates excellent precision. It actually does a good job controlling a non-harsh and sibilant-free environment while maintaining a good flow of lush and detail when combined with the MID’s. One surprising factor is how it produces the higher end pitch, range and openness that only pricy brands can offer at a higher price. You get a metallic-free sounding top-end, which is another accomplishment achieved by CCA that shows the maturity, again from such a young company.

SOUNDSTAGE:
The CKX’s soundstage is on an excellent scale displaying the whole staging process. Coupled with the incredibly nice balance, it really does play a vital role on the sonic-like achievement within the whole spectrum. Soundstage is better than average on a wide scale, it demonstrates a superb frontal and depth staging presence, while imaging, instrument separation is followed by an excellent overall soundstage for such a small size. And, because of their compact size, every ear can enjoy this unit with ease.
WeChat Image_20210528155202.jpg
COMPARISONS:
In relation to the comparison below, I personally think both IEM's below are fairly well-made and can easily please even the most experienced in just sound quality alone. But, remember these are all Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, keep in mind, the comparison below will be based more on sound impression.

NF Audio NA2+ -vs- CCA CKX
After hearing the CKX for quite some time, it kind of reminded me of the NA2+, which actually lead me to do a comparison between the two even though the NA2+ only configures of a DD in each housing unit. They are both similar when it comes to lower bass impact, which is a quick, snappy and punchy bass response with nice texture and detail, while the quantity is quite similar as well, though the sub-bass tends to linger a little longer on the CKX after each thump. The midrange is quite interesting since they both can sound similar too, but the NA2+ seems to take a more analytical and airy approach, while the CKX sounds more lush and lively. The treble on the NA2+ has slightly more extension, while the CKX makes its present known to be coherently livelier due to the combination of the MID and treble BA armatures in each side. Overall, the NA2+ sound signature has a more open and clean sound, while the CKX’s sound signature has a more realistic and lively approach to them. Both express nice timbre and technicality, though the NA2+ has a slight edge on timbre, but technically they are both even. So, this just shows how the CKX for its price can really hold its own and are capable of competing beyond its selling point. But, surely know that both are overall excellent sounding and well-made IEM’s in its own right!

PROS:
Excellent midrange and treble combination with a superb punchy and sonic-like bass definition, great solid and well-built metal/alloy housing, detachable cables, comfortable fit, comfortable silicone ear tips, very open and lively stage presence.

CONS:
Unless, the detachable cables and sporting little accessories might be an issue for the price you paid? I don’t personally see any other CON’s, IMHO.

PERSONAL NOTE:
Personally, I think the CKX is one of the better IEM’s I’ve ever come upon from the CCA company, and may I dare say, outperforming many other IEM’s in its price range for its’ compact size and ability to satisfy many for its small fit and sonically lively sounding 14 driver system as a whole. So, in my honest opinion I would have easily considered the CKX their flagship model, but that’s just my thought…By the way, how did they ever manage to shove 1 DD plus 6 BA’s in each housing unit is beyond me!

OFFICIAL ALIEXPRESS CCA STORE:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001877407188.html

OTHER ALIEXPRESS CCA RELATED STORES:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911884283
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1819706

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the CKX is right for you!

-Clear

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210528155145.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210528155145.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
Jun 4, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #33,170 of 33,689
Loving mine, I think its the best to date, I couldn’t stop looking at when it first came out, it struck me for some unknown reason that it was a great tuning. I finally got some and have been enjoying them for awhile. Thanks for the review its spot on for me!
The CKX’s sound signature got me hoping the new AST will shine so I got one ordered to find out!
Hopefully they are turning a corner and getting better at tuning so these huge multi BA units get folks pumped again! Remember when we got C10 and C16, that kind of excitement needs to come back for me!

Jun 4, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #33,171 of 33,689
Loving mine, I think its the best to date, I couldn’t stop looking at when it first came out, it struck me for some unknown reason that it was a great tuning. I finally got some and have been enjoying them for awhile. Thanks for the review its spot on for me!
The CKX’s sound signature got me hoping the new AST will shine so I got one ordered to find out!
Hopefully they are turning a corner and getting better at tuning so these huge multi BA units get folks pumped again! Remember when we got C10 and C16, that kind of excitement needs to come back for me!

I still think CA16 with CP800 better than CKX

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #33,172 of 33,689
Yea, the CKX are unique and delivers awesome lively sonic sound that's way beyond their price point. I didn't expect these to WOW me the way they did. So, it just makes it so much harder to see how the CCA CS16 can top these, but it will definitely be my next review in the coming weeks.

-Clear

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #33,173 of 33,689
...I have many KZ's and CCA's, but not even the CA16, which I also own, CAN'T compete with the CKX. The bass is not sufficient enough and adequate to keep up. It lacks texture and richness to compete in the lower bass with the CKX. Now, even though the CA16 has nice treble extension it sounds a bit harsh and unrealistic to my ears. With the MID's, there is no way, not even close, can the CA16 hang. The CKX just blows the CA16 away with its lively midrange and treble atmospheric combination. It is too luscious and lively for them to even compete, IMHO.

-Clear

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #33,174 of 33,689
...I have the many KZ's and CCA's, but not even the CA16, which I also own, CAN'T compete with the CKX. The bass is not sufficient enough and adequate to keep up. It lacks texture and richness to compete in the lower bass with the CKX. Now, even though the CA16 has nice treble extension it sounds a bit harsh and unrealistic to my ears. With the MID's, there is no way, not even close, can the CA16 hang. The CKX just blows the CA16 away with its lively midrange and treble atmospheric combination. It is too luscious and lively for them to even compete, IMHO.

-Clear
Say the pricing between CKX and Aria is a bit close in my place 900k (CKX) and 1100k (Aria),
which one you prefer between the two?

---

I just bought Tajhim Tanya which is pretty damn awesome for its price, Open back iem for a third of CKX price. it might not have the best technicality but its airiness, imaging and clear space between instrument is just awesome. Vocal is on clear center stage, a center stage which plenty iem in its price or above may not have a clear image on. one major sucks being it have fixed cable instead of removable like most KZ.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #33,175 of 33,689
Say the pricing between CKX and Aria is a bit close in my place 900k (CKX) and 1100k (Aria),

---

I just bought Tajhim Tanya which is pretty damn awesome for its price, Open back iem for a third of CKX price. it might not have the best technicality but its airiness, imaging and clear space between instrument is just awesome. Vocal is on clear center stage, a center state which plenty iem in its price or above may not have a clear image on. one major sucks being it have fixed cable instead of removable like most KZ.
is it better than blon 03 ?

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #33,177 of 33,689
is it better than blon 03 ?
Different flavors, i own both currently. Blon is musical with the right types of music genres, Same goes as CKX with added details.

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #33,178 of 33,689

---

I just bought Tajhim Tanya which is pretty damn awesome for its price, Open back iem for a third of CKX price. it might not have the best technicality but its airiness, imaging and clear space between instrument is just awesome. Vocal is on clear center stage, a center stage which plenty iem in its price or above may not have a clear image on. one major sucks being it have fixed cable instead of removable like most KZ.
I don't have the 'Aria' or the 'Tanya', so I don't have a say. But, the CKX has that live approach that can really compete with several of my top favorites, like the NF Audio NA2+, BLON BL03, and (barrowed) Tanchjim Oxygen. The reason I don't have the 'Tanya' is because I'm having a real hard time thinking if I really need them, since I haven't been a fan for quite some time of non-detachable cables.

-Clear

Jun 5, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #33,180 of 33,689
...I have many KZ's and CCA's, but not even the CA16, which I also own, CAN'T compete with the CKX. The bass is not sufficient enough and adequate to keep up. It lacks texture and richness to compete in the lower bass with the CKX. Now, even though the CA16 has nice treble extension it sounds a bit harsh and unrealistic to my ears. With the MID's, there is no way, not even close, can the CA16 hang. The CKX just blows the CA16 away with its lively midrange and treble atmospheric combination. It is too luscious and lively for them to even compete, IMHO.

-Clear
What you just describe just like LZ A7 without the price tag. How is that possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back