Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 6, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #33,181 of 33,689
What you just describe just like LZ A7 without the price tag. How is that possible?
The CKX are excellent for its price and might even trump some higher priced branded models, but the LZ A7 are just in another league and the layering in the A7 are just a step above I'm sure because of the tribrid configuration.

-Clear

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #33,182 of 33,689
Just arrived. BQEYZ Summer. Early impression is very positive. Solid bass, nice timbre in mids and piezo treble is sparkly, airy and extended. Huge soundstage. More soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_155110.jpg
    IMG_20210605_155110.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #33,187 of 33,689
good point. but I have a 40 dollars coupon on AliExpress and I have to spend it until 12th June.
The summer sale starts on the 15th, you might want to wait for that.

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #33,189 of 33,689
unfortunately my coupon expires on the 12th.
Yes, but I am sceptical that it really is a 40 usd off coupon. I have only seen that big of discount when it comes to products over 500 usd....

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #33,191 of 33,689
I've bought the TRI STARSEA and I love it's sound signature and I've been thinking of an upgrade of it. any suggestions?
Yes, the Starseas are very good.

To get some suggestions on an upgrade you would have to be clear how much you want to spend and then decide if you are looking for a similar sound signature or something different.

If you want something similar, firstly, the likelihood is that the Starseas will be redundant because you end up listening to the (upgrade) better set. Secondly, you may have to spend a lot more to get an upgrade on the Starseas in my view.

If you want a different sound signature you need to say what you want, a bit more bass or something else?

Also consider whether you want something from the same brand which generally means you get a different sound signature because most brands produce different types of sound signature so that their customers can differentiate one from the next.

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #33,192 of 33,689
I've bought the TRI STARSEA and I love it's sound signature and I've been thinking of an upgrade of it. any suggestions?
I would suggest the following:
1. TRI i3
2. BQEYZ Summer
3. S*F*R MT300
All these have a big sound, a wide staging and good timbre.

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #33,193 of 33,689
Yes, the Starseas are very good.

To get some suggestions on an upgrade you would have to be clear how much you want to spend and then decide if you are looking for a similar sound signature or something different.

If you want something similar, firstly, the likelihood is that the Starseas will be redundant because you end up listening to the (upgrade) better set. Secondly, you may have to spend a lot more to get an upgrade on the Starseas in my view.

If you want a different sound signature you need to say what you want, a bit more bass or something else?

Also consider whether you want something from the same brand which generally means you get a different sound signature because most brands produce different types of sound signature so that their customers can differentiate one from the next.
you made me think and I really don't want to make the starsea obsolete just yet. perhaps a side grade with a balanced sound, a little more bass and sub bass. maybe FH3 would be a nice one?

Jun 6, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #33,195 of 33,689
I would suggest the following:
1. TRI i3
2. BQEYZ Summer
3. S*F*R MT300
All these have a big sound, a wide staging and good timbre.
I agree entirely with these. You will not go wrong with these. For a few pointers you need to know:

TRI i3s: some say, they lack treble extension, I don't, but sub-bass is potent. I love them.

BQEYZ Summer: I think they have quite a good presentation, the piezos are excellent, but I am burning mine in now, in the hope the mid-bass will be tamed slightly. I still think they are very good.

MT300: highly accomplished set, TDK electrostatic are a treat, nothing overdone. I really like them.

Consider if you can get a good deal on any one of these and read reviews on them. Although, the BQEYZ Summer reviews are not many at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back