CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 27, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #27,721 of 31,837
In my understanding T2Plus is a bright natural category which many classical lovers find it best fit to the genre with Sub $60 segments, 42euro comes closer to 50, it sounds a fair/good deal to me.
With a 100€ budget which one would you recommend (cable and tips included)?

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #27,722 of 31,837
My KBEAR store at Ali shows a $5.00 coupon over $18, and $18.89 for the tech sale mic version so...like $14? How can they even afford to ship these?
I bought mine at 13,90 € shipped from Kbear store, it will be a great gift :sunglasses:

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #27,723 of 31,837
I personally would have a safer bet will be on TRI Starsea, especially aliexpress Tech Mania sales discounts Starsea to close to $100 line, ($107), simply due to its neutral-ish signature with playable switches, as a sole IEM to live with. HE01 seems a good bet too, the accessories and build are astonishing!

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #27,724 of 31,837
I personally would have a safer bet will be on TRI Starsea, especially aliexpress Tech Mania sales discounts Starsea to close to $100 line, ($107), simply due to its neutral-ish signature with playable switches, as a sole IEM to live with. HE01 seems a good bet too, the accessories and build are astonishing!

Thanks, i will try not to buy both :sweat_smile:

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #27,725 of 31,837
I recently received my KZ ZSX and burned them in about 150 hours. In general, I like the V shaped sound. But I would have to say, the ZSX has way too much treble.
I have 2 other sets of IEMs. Shure SE315 & iBasso IT01.
The SE315 seem to get bashed on, but I like them. The sound is flat but they are the most comfortable. Also, they sit inside my ear allowing me to wear them with a helmet or hat comfortably. I got them for $100.
I love the sound of the IT01. The bass & treble are just right. The cable that came with them was good quality & didn't need replacing. But they're not the most comfortable & they stick out from my ears. I got them for $80.
Now to the ZSX. I'd never heard the KZ "signature sound" before. I knew it was V shaped and really liked the IT01 which is also V-shaped. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the treble dominates the sound. Everything else including the bass is overpowered by the treble. They were $40 & I spent another $10 on a cable because the KZ cable is terrible. In short, I don't think I'd buy another set of KZ IEMs again.
Paring an already aggressive V-shaped ZSX with KZ Cable (usually a V-shape multiplier) is not a good idea mate. It will be a treble spike nightmare unless someone has physically impaired hearing. If you are still willing to challenge, KZ ZAX, ($48 on sales) it's what defines KZ house sound nowadays.

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #27,726 of 31,837
My current good choices:
:) :)

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 27, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #27,727 of 31,837
A good deal anyway: KBEAR's new KS1, which are only $20 before the discounts (and I've seen them randomly dip to $16 or so at Ali, even without the sale.) They just arrived today from the giveaway a few weeks ago--thanks Wendy Li--and though I had zero expectations at this price, they turn out to be very bang-for-buck impressive.

Non-microphonic braided 2-pin cord. Very easy fit, non-protruding, smooth plastic shells. Only SML silicone tips but you probably have others (I put on L BQEYZ silicones, my new go-to tips). There's deep bass extension that has clear pitch as well as impact. Vocals are prominent and upfront, both male and female. Bright up top. I'm guessing a graph would show a W profile. Soundstage is average, not gigantic, but good instrument separation. Super easy to drive. (16 ohm)

Possible cons: The treble will be aggressive for some people. I occasionally get driver flex on insertion with my large silicones. And no, you're not getting these for a deluxe unboxing experience: just buds, cord, tips, leaflet with QR codes.

Among the super-cheaps, my Sony MH750 do offer more space and slightly more natural timbre, but unless you can find Kanoya on Ebay, everything out there seems to be counterfeit. Certainly don't trust anything on Ali.

My KBEAR store at Ali shows a $5.00 coupon over $18, and $18.89 for the tech sale mic version so...like $14? How can they even afford to ship these?
Looking back through the thread I see people calling the KS1 bass "woolly" and "uncontrolled" and stuff like that. I can't agree. I threw some of the bass monster tracks at these before I wrote above: Han Zimmer's "Why so Serious?" at 3:26, Sohn's "Falling," the second half of Massive Attack's "Angel." Some IEM's just can't get down there. Some just rumble. Maybe it's my particular tips and ears, but for me the KS1 find the note within the thud.

Apr 27, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #27,728 of 31,837
Looking back through the thread I see people calling the KS1 bass "woolly" and "uncontrolled" and stuff like that. I can't agree. I threw some of the bass monster tracks at these before I wrote above: Han Zimmer's "Why so Serious?" at 3:26, Sohn's "Falling," the second half of Massive Attack's "Angel." Some IEM's just can't get down there. Some just rumble. Maybe it's my particular tips and ears, but for me the KS1 find the note within the thud.

Tips, burn in and amplification all make a difference to the KS1 (I've also replaced the cable, make of that what you will). OOTB it's got wooly bass and recessed mids. A few tweaks later and it sounds how I like it (natural-ish, but with weight). Not so good as the BL05S but leagues better than the DQ6 to my ears.

Apr 27, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #27,730 of 31,837
Paring an already aggressive V-shaped ZSX with KZ Cable (usually a V-shape multiplier) is not a good idea mate. It will be a treble spike nightmare unless someone has physically impaired hearing. If you are still willing to challenge, KZ ZAX, ($48 on sales) it's what defines KZ house sound nowadays.
I've tried both the KZ cable & a Kbear cable. It seemed to make little difference.
As far as the ZAX, I read many reviews that said the ZSX & ZAX have a very similar sound signature. You don't find this to be true?

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #27,732 of 31,837
I've tried both the KZ cable & a Kbear cable. It seemed to make little difference.
As far as the ZAX, I read many reviews that said the ZSX & ZAX have a very similar sound signature. You don't find this to be true?
Ah wait, it was ZSX, I've mistaken it to ASX. I believe ZSX is closer to ZAX, with few dips and hiccups.
ZAX shows much fidelity to the Harman curve with few spikes, for Harman curse itself for the treble sensitive group, is regarded "bright and peaky", especially KZ's BA is a custom bellsing units, some of the treble unit has their own unique spikes sometimes.

As you mentioned you like Shure sound, which from my old memories about SE535 and others that Shure has very tender and kind of dark-ish treble, no spikes or whatsoever,, your preference may simply more inclined to the bass-rolled neutral sound signature. Which I would suggest trying on See Audio Yume(Not a sub$100 though)

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #27,733 of 31,837
I just bought CCA CSN, thanks for your help!

I will try them and see if i can adapt or/and if i will move for the ones that Nimweth mentioned.

At work i listening mostly ambient/classical as music with lyrics can oftenly distract me of what i'm doing :L3000:

ps: thank you too Barusu Lamperouge, i wrote my post while you posted and i didn't read it before.

Do you think that tinhifi t2 plus at 42€ from a EU store is a good deal?
Yes it is a good deal. About $50 is just $4-5 more than it's usual sale price. So considering you're buying from an EU store, the differential is totally worth it. It's treble is mildest amongst the T2 lineup and has a bit more bass than T2 and T2 Pro. Also, mids will most likely be to your liking. A safe set to listen especially for music where you don't want unnecessary colouration in sound, in this case, classical.

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #27,734 of 31,837
Just go for the cable you like the most and you get them cheap, I'm using KBEar rhyme 2.5mm ones coz I managed to snag them for $14 😄. In terms of tips, I've found wide bore tips to synergise better with them to my music library as I listen to diverse genres including Indian classical, fusion, pop, heavy metal, indipop, etc. Also, if you don't mind foam tips then try them with the one shared with the T2+.

BGVP W01, JVC Spiral Dots, Tennmak Whirlwinds all sound great with T2+. Also, if you don't want to invest in tips straightaway then use flip tip mod on the stock tips shared with CSN or T2+ or any of your existing IEMs. They make your unusable tips crazy good in seconds. You can learn more about them here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-or-fliptips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/

P.S. - Use Hakuzen's method which is very quick and simple.

Tips are personal so the more time you spend with them more you will learn about them 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back