CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #27,691 of 31,833
Good to know! Thanks!

Sorry if I am nitpicking over this subject, but is there any other cable (without mic is ok) that you recommend that matches the purple color of the BLONs better? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Check my database for my cable ranking.

Apr 26, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #27,693 of 31,833
KS1 is a V shaped set, very good for the cost of sub $20 (ie skip a restaurant meal for it). Good timbre and tonality, bottlenecked at technicalities.

I think it is a good beginner set for those new to the hobby or perhaps aa a gift. But experienced chifi connoisseurs and those that own higher end gear will definitely have heard something better.

Pros
Well fitting, light, comfortable.
Above average isolation.
Good organic and analoguish timbre.
Laid back tuning, smooth and non offensive.
No sibilance, safe treble.
Easy to drive.

Cons
Bass bleeds, not the most textured bass.
Intended V shaped tuning, not for mid or vocal lovers.
Technicalities below average.

I haven't heard the KBEAR F1 but a few folks here like @Slater who owns them says there are three to four different F1 versions incorporating different drivers. As such I think it would be hard for others to advise too as the different driver versions all sound different. Perhaps some don't even know which version they got in the mail.
I think you summed up the sound of the KS1 extremely well.

Apr 26, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #27,694 of 31,833
hey can anyone recommend me a pair of IEMS below 100€?
if possible with good isolation
From what I've used so far I think the iBasso IT00 is a very good choice. It has excellent timbre and tonality and surprisingly good technicalities for a single dynamic driver earphone at this price range. Its bass is elevated above neutral, so if you are after true neutrality you probably won't like it. But it's not elevated that much and the overall tonality is slightly warm yet it still offers great details, soundstage and imaging. Treble details come through very clearly, but are never harsh and both male and female vocals sound great to my ears. I just really love the way it sounds.

Apr 26, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #27,695 of 31,833
on PC with a FiiO Olympus 2 and on my smartphone

Music i listen to is mostly stuff like that :
but not only (im kinda new to this hifi stuff :p) maybe i will buy a good player later?

Ok I see, it’s mainly Pops and slow tempo mellow songs, some EDMs. Maybe try look U shape sound signature IEMs.

my pick will be KZ DQ6($20 USD), KZ ZAX($50USD), Moondrop Aria($79USD), TRI Starsea($119USD), Moondrop Starfield ($119). Those are some solid contender for sub 100 euro for that playlists songs. And that Tri Starsea has hardware equalizer switches that let you to choose from 4 settings to fit with the music of your favor, a very solid all rounder. As you will be pretty much listening with 1 single IEM, my ultimate pick will be the versatile TRI Starsea, as it can be tweaked to whahever songs you would like the IEM to perform laterwise, vs others are pretty much fixed(only PC equalizer would be utilized which I’m not a big fan of(

You can always upgrade sourcing later like to one of those better FiiO’s👍

As you seemed reside in Germany, the EU, your best bet is to order from Aliexpress. Other method would add import taxes on too of the price tags.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #27,696 of 31,833
Ok I see, it’s mainly Pops and slow tempo mellow songs, some EDMs. Maybe try look U shape sound signature IEMs.

my pick will be KZ DQ6($20 USD), KZ ZAX($50USD), Moondrop Aria($79USD), TRI Starsea($119USD), Moondrop Starfield ($119). Those are some solid contender for sub 100 euro for that playlists songs. And that Tri Starsea has hardware equalizer switches that let you to choose from 4 settings to fit with the music of your favor, a very solid all rounder.

As you seemed reside in Germany, the EU, your best bet is to order from Aliexpress. Other method would add import taxes on too of the price tags.

my pick will be KZ DQ6($20 USD), KZ ZAX($50USD), Moondrop Aria($79USD), TRI Starsea($119USD), Moondrop Starfield ($119). Those are some solid contender for sub 100 euro for that playlists songs. And that Tri Starsea has hardware equalizer switches that let you to choose from 4 settings to fit with the music of your favor, a very solid all rounder. As you will be pretty much listening with 1 single IEM, my ultimate pick will be the versatile TRI Starsea, as it can be tweaked to whahever songs you would like the IEM to perform laterwise, vs others are pretty much fixed(only PC equalizer would be utilized which I’m not a big fan of(

I really like the look of both moondrops , i think i will get one of these. Any recommendations for foam ear tips?

Apr 26, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #27,697 of 31,833
I really like the look of both moondrops , i think i will get one of these. Any recommendations for foam ear tips?
Aria is 69 euro on amazon.de! It’s a solid pick! Starfield on amazon.de is 20% overpriced, 69euro is consistent with fair offer. https://www.amazon.de/dp/B091DPFLSH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_D2N6E5XKV2XX33Q4VED0

You can try Aria first from amazon.de, if not liked, return it, then buy Starfield from Aliexpress 💪
I’m not a foam eartip expert so I would let other experts to answer that part✌️

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #27,699 of 31,833
Thanks you again ! Any recommendations for a entry level music player?
You’d still better off sticking with PC + Amp, because from my understanding entry level players are not much better than daily use smartphones nowadays. Also as your main listening platform seemed to be streaming, that means if you want to stream play on music players you may need android-based DAP, that’s not very wallet friendly($300USD and up).

If you have smartphone either android or apple, My best offer is to get FiiO BTR5, use it as qsuedo-player, and wireless receiver from your smartphone. BTR5 produces very very hifi sound and it even can run most of fullsize headphones.

I can refer BTR5 in a car as, VW Golf GTI biturbo custom. It’s small but can compete in serious races.

Also BTR5 usage is scalable. Even if you get a better Digital Audio Player (DAP) later, it still can be hosted as “hi-res wireless” receiver, as I’m using it right now with Sennheiser’s HD560S.
it streams LDAC (24bit/96khz@990kbps) !
440388DC-64C9-4EF8-BA79-5E39BBD89918.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #27,700 of 31,833
You’d still better off sticking with PC + Amp, because from my understanding entry level players are not much better than daily use smartphones nowadays. Also as your main listening platform seemed to be streaming, that means if you want to stream play on music players you may need android-based DAP, that’s not very wallet friendly($300USD and up).

If you have smartphone either android or apple, My best offer is to get FiiO BTR5, use it as qsuedo-player, and wireless receiver from your smartphone. BTR5 produces very very hifi sound and it even can run most of fullsize headphones.

I can refer BTR5 in a car as, VW Golf GTI biturbo custom. It’s small but can compete in serious races.
Agree, I dont recommend daps in the budget range because LG phones are fairly close. And you can just get a bluetooth amp like the Qudelix 5K (It has PEQ as well).

You could also get one of those super powerful dongles like the E1DA 9038.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #27,701 of 31,833
Apr 26, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #27,702 of 31,833
Agree, I dont recommend daps in the budget range because LG phones are fairly close. And you can just get a bluetooth amp like the Qudelix 5K (It has PEQ as well).

You could also get one of those super powerful dongles like the E1DA 9038.
I can vouch for qudelix 5k, best audio purchase I made in past few years. Super easy to use and lots of power. You can buy it from Audioheaven, it's store based in Poland.
E1DA 9038D is also available on Amazon DE, it's around 100eur but shipping is kinda expensive at 25eur.

I picked Qudelix over E1DA because it has SE (3.5mm) and balanced (2.5mm) output and kinda offer a bit more flexibility.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #27,704 of 31,833
Tech Mania starts on Ali in about 30 hour, may be worth holding off to see if there any good offers.
Anybody spotted any good deals so far for sub $100 iems?

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #27,705 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back