CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 25, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #27,676 of 31,833
awaiting for your impressions...

I want to post KS1 impression here comparing with other IEMs, but I already started working, not enough time to have in depth review and comparison...

But KS1 seems like a giant killer to me.
Oops!

Mine is ready, but KS1 was not the IEM for me,

Here is the comparative chart.
KS1 is OK for the price, but compared to other beasts it's a bit behind IMO.

Neutral reference compared: Sennheiser HD560S

8257814D-14F7-4955-B987-CB80590BF742.jpeg

1619404933067.png

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #27,677 of 31,833
Got this recently from Whizzer themselves. Man the packaging and build quality looks pretty dope for just 80$. Will post my impressions soon.

1.jpg

Apr 26, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #27,678 of 31,833
Guys, is Kbear KS1 as good as some of you are making it out to be or is it just hype?

Been taking a break from my Noble CIEMs to enjoy guilty pleasure chi-fi and currently loving my F1. How does KS1 compare to F1?

Apr 26, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #27,679 of 31,833
Guys, is Kbear KS1 as good as some of you are making it out to be or is it just hype?

Been taking a break from my Noble CIEMs to enjoy guilty pleasure chi-fi and currently loving my F1. How does KS1 compare to F1?

KS1 is a V shaped set, very good for the cost of sub $20 (ie skip a restaurant meal for it). Good timbre and tonality, bottlenecked at technicalities.

I think it is a good beginner set for those new to the hobby or perhaps aa a gift. But experienced chifi connoisseurs and those that own higher end gear will definitely have heard something better.

Pros
Well fitting, light, comfortable.
Above average isolation.
Good organic and analoguish timbre.
Laid back tuning, smooth and non offensive.
No sibilance, safe treble.
Easy to drive.

Cons
Bass bleeds, not the most textured bass.
Intended V shaped tuning, not for mid or vocal lovers.
Technicalities below average.

I haven't heard the KBEAR F1 but a few folks here like @Slater who owns them says there are three to four different F1 versions incorporating different drivers. As such I think it would be hard for others to advise too as the different driver versions all sound different. Perhaps some don't even know which version they got in the mail.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #27,680 of 31,833
The ks1 is pretty much as @baskingshark said. If you like thunderous bass and a decent amount of treble it's for you. I love them, as I'm a bass head. The bass is slow and rather wooly however, depends what type of music you listen too. For edm, goth and indie, my preferred genres they are great with no eq. They have more bass than all my kz earphones, but are similar in texture. Treble is slightly peaky, but just about tolerable. Not the most resolving, but pretty good for a single dynamic driver.

I'm guessing @AmericanSpirit isnt a bass head, as he doesn't seem to like them. I can see his point about the bass, if it ain't your tuning preference. I tend to listen at low to mid volumes so love v shaped sets. I use these at about 25 to 35 percent volume as they are very easy to drive.

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #27,681 of 31,833
The ks1 is pretty much as @baskingshark said. If you like thunderous bass and a decent amount of treble it's for you. I love them, as I'm a bass head. The bass is slow and rather wooly however, depends what type of music you listen too. For edm, goth and indie, my preferred genres they are great with no eq. They have more bass than all my kz earphones, but are similar in texture. Treble is slightly peaky, but just about tolerable. Not the most resolving, but pretty good for a single dynamic driver.

I'm guessing @AmericanSpirit isnt a bass head, as he doesn't seem to like them. I can see his point about the bass, if it ain't your tuning preference. I tend to listen at low to mid volumes so love v shaped sets. I use these at about 25 to 35 percent volume as they are very easy to drive.
Agreed with both @baskingshark @Sebulr for KS1, tonality may fit V shape lover bottlenecked by subpar technicalities though.

I also enjoy V shape sigunature like TRN VX, Sennheiser HD25, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro etc, only if a certain quality is behind, I bet that’s my niche, so it wouldn’t apply to all basshead.

Apr 26, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #27,683 of 31,833
Xinhs on ali has them
Thanks! I will have a look....

5 min later:

Oh boy, there is a new world of jargons and specs regarding cables... Different materials, core numbers... I am lost lol! Can you guys recommend me a cable for Blon BL03 and another for DQ6 (without mic is ok at this point) with a great cost/benefit. My only requirements comparing with the OEM cables: better construction, better sound (of course) and better fit (specially with the Blon BL03). I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks again.

Edit: My only purchase source nowadays is Aliexpress...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #27,684 of 31,833
Thanks! I will have a look....

5 min later:

Oh boy, there is a new world of jargons and specs regarding cables... Different materials, core numbers... I am lost lol! Can you guys recommend me a cable for Blon BL03 and another for DQ6 (without mic is ok at this point) with a great cost/benefit. My only requirements comparing with the OEM cables: better construction, better sound (of course) and better fit (specially with the Blon BL03). I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks again.

Edit: My only purchase source nowadays is Aliexpress...
Take this one, cheap, 2 pin 3.5mm (or 2.5mm if you need balanced) will be ok for Blon's. Perhaps even QDC, not sure. But it's a great cable

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLRvh33

Sorry about the link, it's copied from phone app

Edit: credits for this cable goes to @RikudouGoku

Edit2: it's worth taking cables from xinhs for case itself

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_190209.jpg
    IMG_20210426_190209.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210426_190226.jpg
    IMG_20210426_190226.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #27,685 of 31,833
Take this one, cheap, 2 pin 3.5mm (or 2.5mm if you need balanced) will be ok for Blon's. Perhaps even QDC, not sure. But it's a great cable

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLRvh33

Sorry about the link, it's copied from phone app

Edit: credits for this cable goes to @RikudouGoku

Edit2: it's worth taking cables from xinhs for case itself
That is great, thank you!

As someone mentioned before, they also have some cables with mic. I have just seen this one, that is still in my budget:

4 Core Pair Twisted Mi Cable Silver Plated Copper Upgrade Cable MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin/QDC/TFZ Headphone Wire|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress

Are they similar in performance? (The color is better than the copper one, IMHO, since I have the "purple" Blon BL03 so I think the color matches better...)

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #27,686 of 31,833
hey can anyone recommend me a pair of IEMS below 100€?
if possible with good isolation
Any music preference, and what player will you be using?

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #27,687 of 31,833

As someone mentioned before, they also have some cables with mic. I have just seen this one, that is still in my budget:

4 Core Pair Twisted Mi Cable Silver Plated Copper Upgrade Cable MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin/QDC/TFZ Headphone Wire|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress

Are they similar in performance? (The color is better than the copper one, IMHO, since I have the "purple" Blon BL03 so I think the color matches better...)
Dont have it but most cables with mics have quite a lot higher resistance, in other words, worse. And its another point of failure as well.

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #27,688 of 31,833
Thanks for the honest responses, think I'll let them go as sounds like they dont offer anything special.

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #27,689 of 31,833

I dunno how mic impacts cables performance, I will know once I receive it. I ordered similar today for my wife's blon.
I hope it's as good as without mic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back