CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 2, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #27,481 of 31,833
I know. I was just wondering what you guys like the most in the past few months. what's the hype and all.

personally I've been thinking about getting the kz dq6. and I've ordered the shozy form 1.1 yesterday. SSP is also on the radar. by the way would you say a s10 could easily drive the ssp or do I need a dac/amp?

SSP is good, but it all but requires amping to get the best out of it. My Moto G8 Power needs to be cranked way up to get the SSP to a comfortable volume, and the dynamics and technicalities of the SSP rather suffer when underpowered.

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #27,482 of 31,833
SSP is good, but it all but requires amping to get the best out of it. My Moto G8 Power needs to be cranked way up to get the SSP to a comfortable volume, and the dynamics and technicalities of the SSP rather suffer when underpowered.
it seems like I really should get a dac/amp aftet all. thanks.

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #27,483 of 31,833
it seems like I really should get a dac/amp aftet all. thanks.

You should. Everyone should. The only acceptable reason for not having one is owning only TWS earphones

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #27,484 of 31,833
Ok, open heart resin is here.

impression:
Muddy, bass focused, but bass is loose and boomy. Subpar resolution. Make and build is good, I have another full resin IEM that’s Moondrop blessing2, and they are similar in size. Great fit/sound isolatifor me YMMV.

Non fatiguing lo-fi sound maybe good for healing music? Will burn-in and see if any aspect changes. Or maybe entry-level basshead IEM who hates any sort of trebles.
Also, it works as a good hearing degrading gadget to lower your hearing standards, after getting used to this, most of IEMs would sound pretty hi-res.

So far I could only justify the existence of open heart resin only from non-audio perspective.

For the same price, KZ DQ6 is leagues above, and even $7 USD KZ EDX is superior in terms of audio quality.

[Edit1] after 30mintues of out of box, the resolution gets better, the low mid thru upper bass range are something, deeper tone of acoustics guitar sounds unique, as well as baritones, cello, tuba, etc. I can now somehow justify Open Heart Resin as entry-level basshead IEM with great fit and non-fatiguing trebles or any peaks at all(well basically treble doesn’t exist over 10k in this case)
[Edit2] default cable very soft and comfortable, well suited for long term listening. Probably this is the one for laid-back sunday afternoon IEM of playing BGMs for reading. It doesn’t interrupt the reader in terms of, the fit(may vary), cable touch, and micro dynamics of the songs, only macro aspect will be delivered, in a warm way.

I will most likely will gift this to my parent, who is treble sensitive.

76FE6C3A-08E5-474C-976E-5B12523785E6.jpeg

I also am waiting mine to arrive, but from your opinion they seems to be not good...

Apr 3, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #27,485 of 31,833
I also am waiting mine to arrive, but from your opinion they seems to be not good...
That impression is very different from mine. I consider the Open Heart Resin to be one of the best single DDs in my collection. They improved greatly after 100 hours burn in, I feel 30 minutes is nowhere near enough to judge. There is plenty of treble on mine but it remains smooth and resolving.

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #27,487 of 31,833
Does anyone have these RY4S?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_9h8KWI
https://a.aliexpress.com/_9z0mXs
Hope the links work...

Basically I received my KZ EDX and.. I'm not impressed, actually quite disappointed. They sound pretty harsh, little bass and no bass below 20 at all. I've spent a lot of time playing with EQ, they still sound to harsh in higher frequencies for my taste. I should have just searched for a place to get MH 755, or at least Philips SHE-3855.

I've never really tried earbuds (only ever used in ears), was wondering how these are. They seem to have good reviews

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #27,488 of 31,833
The RY4S 32 ohm were a nice V shaped set. Clear treble, powerful bass. Earbuds don't fit me well so I let them go. I would suggest the KBEAR KS1 as a nicely tuned V shape IEM.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #27,490 of 31,833
It needs a burn in, to my feeling, but it’s a basshead IEM which I’m most certain. Average resolution with warm/half dark tonality, non fatiguing for sure, not for critical listening, it’s for afternoon reading sessions, listening is not main focus with this, you will get oblivious about the music after a while. currently burning in for 15 hours. The muddy bass hopefully gets tamed and I would like to see some air.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #27,491 of 31,833
any in particular around 50-60 for mobile/pc use? nothing fancy, just to get the work done
For around 20-30 USD I suggest Edifier X3. Great little pair with aptx and good battery life.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #27,492 of 31,833
For around 20-30 USD I suggest Edifier X3. Great little pair with aptx and good battery life.
I think he meant amp/dac for $50-$60.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #27,493 of 31,833
any in particular around 50-60 for mobile/pc use? nothing fancy, just to get the work done
If you mean a dac/amp, then the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro is probably your best bet.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #27,494 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back