CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 2, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #27,466 of 31,833
hey, so...I have been a little out in a while and I've been thinking, what are you guys top 3 chifi under 100usd at the moment?

I guess it depends on your music genre preferences and sound signature preference (eg V shaped, neutral, midcentric, basshead/treblehead etc).

Personally I prefer single DD tonality and timbre, so I would give my vote to the HZSound Heart Mirror.

Apr 2, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #27,467 of 31,833
hey, so...I have been a little out in a while and I've been thinking, what are you guys top 3 chifi under 100usd at the moment?

Blon BL05S. Also, for the price it is going for in a lucky bag at the moment, NiceHCK NX7 Pro has amazing technicalities, though slightly behind the Blon in timbre, note weight and separation it beats it in every other area.

Neither is especially easy to drive, the Blon will just about drive from a phone but opens up and sounds more musical with tighter bass with an amp, and the NX7 Pro is 58 ohm impedance so enough said.

Edit - And if a phone is the source and a good allrounder is needed, ZAX is still worth a shout. Beaten by the NX7 Pro once amped up though.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #27,468 of 31,833
I own in this category KZ ZSX, S....r DT.....6, TINHIFI T2+, Blon BL03, BQEYZ KC2, SMABAT NCO, Re...ext QT2, CCA CA16, BGVP DN2, TRIPOWIN TC-01 and my personal winner as best allrounder is TRIPOWIN TC-01.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #27,470 of 31,833
Apr 2, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #27,471 of 31,833
I've only heard bad things about the TA1 though (veiled treble/treble dip). How do you find it?
I find its tuning to be pretty much spot-on for smoothness, warmth, engagement and musicality. All of my other IEMs have been sitting untouched on the shelf this week.

Trebleheads would likely criticise the TA1 for having too little treble, but I am certainly not part of that group. In fact it is exactly the fact that the TA1 doesn’t go all out to maximise perceived resolution at the high-end that makes it so enjoyable to listen to. It strikes a neat balance between detail retrieval and not sounding like an ice-pick in the side of one’s head, and I really hope the TA1 isn‘t a one-off experiment for TRN.

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #27,472 of 31,833
I would recommend CCA CKX, SFR MT300 and KZ ZAX.

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #27,473 of 31,833
Apr 2, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #27,474 of 31,833
Hey there. I just stumbled upon the magic of budget IEM's on Aliexpress, and I want to start trying an IEM. Unfortunately, my left ear has an extra cavity because of an operation, so I feel like IEMs are not for me but I want to try anyway with a budget one. When for headphones, I like neutral headphones, which are leaning to the breathy, shimmery bright side. I really liked the AKG K550 always. What IEM would you guys recommend? I like a good bass extension too, but not one that swallows the mids. Someone in my country reviewed the TD08, which has lots of bass but said to not swallow the mids. Is that a good one?

Also, I seem to really like the "Harman Kardon" curve. is there an IEM that you would suggest?

Apr 2, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #27,475 of 31,833
Hey there. I just stumbled upon the magic of budget IEM's on Aliexpress, and I want to start trying an IEM. Unfortunately, my left ear has an extra cavity because of an operation, so I feel like IEMs are not for me but I want to try anyway with a budget one. When for headphones, I like neutral headphones, which are leaning to the breathy, shimmery bright side. I really liked the AKG K550 always. What IEM would you guys recommend? I like a good bass extension too, but not one that swallows the mids. Someone in my country reviewed the TD08, which has lots of bass but said to not swallow the mids. Is that a good one?

Also, I seem to really like the "Harman Kardon" curve. is there an IEM that you would suggest?
I just have the green one TD06/08 with gold logo from Tinde... (cant spell it 😂) the sub bas is amaizing also clear mids. Im burning them now. But the sub bass extension just shake my brain lol perfect for EDM
Can you give link to the review?

Apr 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #27,476 of 31,833
I guess it depends on your music genre preferences and sound signature preference (eg V shaped, neutral, midcentric, basshead/treblehead etc).

Personally I prefer single DD tonality and timbre, so I would give my vote to the HZSound Heart Mirror.
I know. I was just wondering what you guys like the most in the past few months. what's the hype and all.

personally I've been thinking about getting the kz dq6. and I've ordered the shozy form 1.1 yesterday. SSP is also on the radar. by the way would you say a s10 could easily drive the ssp or do I need a dac/amp?

Apr 2, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #27,477 of 31,833
Ok, open heart resin is here.

impression:
Muddy, bass focused, but bass is loose and boomy. Subpar resolution. Make and build is good, I have another full resin IEM that’s Moondrop blessing2, and they are similar in size. Great fit/sound isolatifor me YMMV.

Non fatiguing lo-fi sound maybe good for healing music? Will burn-in and see if any aspect changes. Or maybe entry-level basshead IEM who hates any sort of trebles.
Also, it works as a good hearing degrading gadget to lower your hearing standards, after getting used to this, most of IEMs would sound pretty hi-res.

So far I could only justify the existence of open heart resin only from non-audio perspective.

For the same price, KZ DQ6 is leagues above, and even $7 USD KZ EDX is superior in terms of audio quality.

[Edit1] after 30mintues of out of box, the resolution gets better, the low mid thru upper bass range are something, deeper tone of acoustics guitar sounds unique, as well as baritones, cello, tuba, etc. I can now somehow justify Open Heart Resin as entry-level basshead IEM with great fit and non-fatiguing trebles or any peaks at all(well basically treble doesn’t exist over 10k in this case)
[Edit2] default cable very soft and comfortable, well suited for long term listening. Probably this is the one for laid-back sunday afternoon IEM of playing BGMs for reading. It doesn’t interrupt the reader in terms of, the fit(may vary), cable touch, and micro dynamics of the songs, only macro aspect will be delivered, in a warm way.

I will most likely will gift this to my parent, who is treble sensitive.

76FE6C3A-08E5-474C-976E-5B12523785E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #27,478 of 31,833

Considering your left ear cavity, I believe non dynamic driver IEM with deeper insertion might suite for your with harman curve. Of which I could think of KZ ZAX, slight U Shape with some extra sparkle.

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #27,479 of 31,833
I know. I was just wondering what you guys like the most in the past few months. what's the hype and all.

personally I've been thinking about getting the kz dq6. and I've ordered the shozy form 1.1 yesterday. SSP is also on the radar. by the way would you say a s10 could easily drive the ssp or do I need a dac/amp?

Sorry I haven't tried the SSP. But I've loaned the SSR predecessor and that set is not the easiest to drive, it scales better with amping and can be very thin in note weight when underpowered.

Maybe the rest here who have SSP can advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back