CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 4, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #27,511 of 31,833
Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #27,512 of 31,833
I've been using the DQ6 since the beginning of this year and they've made it as my daily drivers. Really love their sound with punk & shoegaze which have been the genres I've been listening to the most to lately. Ordered the new CCA Csn on a whim, let's see how they compare to the bunch. I sold most of my *expensive* headphones (>250€) some years ago but love some bargain IEM's and I want to thank you all that got me interested in this hobby again :beerchug: . Got me feeling in love with music all again with these cheap sets out of a Sonata HD Pro. :L3000::beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #27,514 of 31,833
How are Kbear Lark are compared to DQ6?
I'm waiting for my DQ6 to arrive but I can tell you that the Larks are a neutral set, slightly treble orientated with very lean bass and a smallish soundstage. Good imaging but not particularly 3D. Better for vocal / acoustic / classical, I would say.

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #27,515 of 31,833
I'm waiting for my DQ6 to arrive but I can tell you that the Larks are a neutral set, slightly treble orientated with very lean bass and a smallish soundstage. Good imaging but not particularly 3D. Better for vocal / acoustic / classical, I would say.
oh than not for me :)

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #27,516 of 31,833
My latest two arrivals were the Blon BL-03 and the KZ DQ6.

In my honest opinion, the Blon's are the better IEM hands down.

The KZ's have a better balanced bass department (in some tracks the Blon's can sound a bit bloated), but that's about it. The Blon's are wider, more natural, more detailed. Everything just sounds "right". The KZ's, even tough not the worst from KZ, are still a bit harsh in comparison. Not as refined.

Build quality and comfort is great with both (at least with me).

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #27,517 of 31,833

The KZ's have a better balanced bass department (in some tracks the Blon's can sound a bit bloated), but that's about it. The Blon's are wider, more natural, more detailed. Everything just sounds "right". The KZ's, even tough not the worst from KZ, are still a bit harsh in comparison. Not as refined.

the 3DD needs at least 100h burn

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #27,518 of 31,833

I thought the same thing until I tip rolled and got a good seal, and changed cable tripowin Zombie qdc... Now I feel that QD6 excells in every way except sub bass and timber compared to 03.... Both are very good especially considering the cost..

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #27,519 of 31,833
the 3DD needs at least 100h burn

The only *very* slight difference I'm noticing with burn-in is they're becoming even brighter.

Either people here absolutely love bright earphones or I'm extremely sensitive. Anyway... my problem is the refinement in general. They sound quite splashy and shouty, comparing them to the Blon's. On their own they're good.

My other hypothesis is the variation between samples is enormous (as has been the case with many of these...).

I thought the same thing until I tip rolled and got a good seal, and changed cable tripowin Zombie qdc... Now I feel that QD6 excells in every way except sub bass and timber compared to 03.... Both are very good especially considering the cost..

I'm expecting a new cable also. We'll see... :)

The fit and seal are absolutely fine even with the stock tips (my ears are usually not very picky).

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #27,520 of 31,833
The only *very* slight difference I'm noticing with burn-in is they're becoming even brighter.

Either people here absolutely love bright earphones or I'm extremely sensitive. Anyway... my problem is the refinement in general. They sound quite splashy and shouty, comparing them to the Blon's. On their own they're good.

My other hypothesis is the variation between samples is enormous (as has been the case with many of these...).

I'm expecting a new cable also. We'll see... :)

The fit and seal are absolutely fine even with the stock tips (my ears are usually not very picky).
Believe it, or not, the stock tips gives them that awful overdone bright signature. Try changing the ear tips to aftermarket ones and you should get way better results, IMHO.

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #27,521 of 31,833
Believe it, or not, the stock tips gives them that awful overdone bright signature. Try changing the ear tips to aftermarket ones and you should get way better results, IMHO.
Agree, stock tips are really bad.
Mine hit the trash can within seconds of opening the box.
I have turned some generic silicon tips inside out, which give a wider opening and works really well for me.

IMG20210331134627.jpg

These are definitely not a bright earphone, although for me the treble is a bit peaky.
For me the bass is the star of the show and really scales well with powerful sources.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #27,522 of 31,833
Perhaps the difference you are hearing is due to unit variation. The Open Heart Resin did well in the Members' Poll.
Maybe, I’m on 50hours on burn-in, and still got a good hope. I remember seeing OEM’s onsite walkthru video and it was pure mass hand assembling so that unit variance could easily making sense.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #27,523 of 31,833

The tips do change the sound significantly, reducing treble or increasing bass. However, they still have that unrefinement to them, which I don't like. Everything other than a very good track, makes them harsh/splashy.

Cymbols on the Blon's are less up front but more distinct and a lot more realistic. On the KZ's they sound more present, but more generic. Again, I repeat this is comparing them to the Blon's. On their own they're good.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #27,525 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back