CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 10, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #27,301 of 31,833
Hi fellow head-fiers, today I have a rather infuriating story that I want to share here about my rather unpleasant experience with Kbear (and Aliexpress). WARNING: For those who are "Kbear fans" or heavily support these earphone brands, I suggest you to stop reading right now as I'm about to say some rather harsh things about them. Last thing I want right now are people who get triggered by this post, or say unhelpful stuff like "bUt tHiS wAs NoT mY ExPeriEnce!!!!!!!1111".

So I bought an 8-core pure silver cable from these guys on Aliexpress, and do not get me wrong, they are AMAZING. It blows me away at what a silver cable can do to improve the sound.

BUT.... quite recently, I started having issues with the right MMCX connector as the sound kept cutting in and out when I moved it around. As an "Aliexpress veteran", I already know for a fact that both Aliexpress and the majority of sellers are absolute despicable horsesh!t when it comes to compensating their buyers. So initially I didn't even bother for a compensation.

But then I realize that I am buying from an official brand store. So I thought optimistically that maybe, just maybe, Kbear was not your typical trash seller and actually goes above and beyond to help their customers. I mean, they ARE the official store. Makes sense for an official store to offer best service, right?? RIGHT???

giphy-downsized.gif

WRONG!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I was yet again too overoptimistic, and was yet again betrayed like with every buyer-seller and buyer-Aliexpress interaction that I've had.

First of all, do not be mistaken. I actually tried my very best at writing a clear, concise, and friendly message to the seller:

2z0zj0Z.png1

LOL! It's so funny, because after writing such a level-headed response, what I got was a meager puny message from the seller, who basically said (in typical Engrish): "pls wait, we will deal with the dispute". And then I reconfirm with them whether the video was what they wanted. Again, the same reply "pls wait, we will deal with the dispute". Yup, sounds like your typical lazy AF seller who uses generic copy-pasted responses. In reality, I kinda knew that this response was to evade any sort of liability. They obviously weren't ever going to "deal with dispute", they obviously wanted to wait until Aliexpress comes in and stick the middle finger at me.

I wasn't too concerned because the dispute was still a long way. I have until 03/15 until Aliexpress steps in, which gives the seller plenty of time to resolve the dispute.

HOWEVER...... for some unbelievable reason that I will never understand, this mans Aliexpress decided to step in early on 03/08 and rendered the dispute as "Return Goods and Refund". They didn't even give me an option to accept or deny the solution, they just basically went in, forcibly shoved the solution into my hands, and left. Excuse me but WHAT THE F*CKKK?????

giphy.gif

What kind of shiet a$$ shopping platform decides for their buyer without their consent?

Anyways, so I message the seller and I demand them to give me a refund through PayPal. This was their response:

giphy.gif

Basically they try all the other responsibility-evading tactics.

"You should just return the item"
But the shipping will cost me half or more than what I paid for the item!

"But you opened the dispute"
Yes, but Aliexpress was the one that closed the dispute without my permission.

"So deal with the problem with Aliexpress"
I already did and they didn't help.

And of course, if all fails, they'll probably leave me on read. Just like all my tinder connections.

These f*ckin swindlers, I swear man. This is why I hate Aliexpress and resort to a tit-for-tat strategy if possible. If the sellers are selfish, irresponsible piece of ***s that pretend they aren't liable, then who is stopping their customers from being one too? Aliexpress is really the equivalent to a ghetto brothel.

As much as I would like to boycott Kbear, I know that this same experience will be true for most other chi-fi stores as well, so no use in boycotting. And they do make some quality products regardless. Basically, to sum everything up into two words: BUYER BEWARE!!!!

giphy.gif

P.S. I apologize if I sound spiteful and BGGAR-esque, that is not my intention. It's just something that I really want to get off my chest. A rant if you will.

P.P.S. I initially thought about posting this in @NymPHONOmaniac 's no-BS group, but from my experience there, I have a hunch that I will get a lot of backlash (i.e. a lot of "to be fair" comments) for derogatory subjects like these (which is the last thing I want right now).
Well, I had a similar recent experience with their customer support not being forthcoming when addressing defective 2-pin connector on the Lark. Wasted time to dispute the issue. AE predictably sided with the seller and there was no compensation of any kind. Btw, the "appeal" process is also a farcical dead end. So I stopped purchasing from any of their affiliated stores. End of story.

Mar 11, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #27,304 of 31,833
My first real chi-fi IEM's. Second song, so far so good....
Ok, I let these moondrop SSP burn in and have spent a little time with them. Here are my impressions.
Build seems good, I could do without the fancy packaging. I have no issues with the cable that comes with them. The preformed ear loop works well for me. I have straight, flat ear canals. This make a lot of the bigger "custom looking" universals uncomfortable. These SSR's however are very comfortable and stay in well. I have using the smallest tip included.
Sound wise, first, if I was not listening critically I would have zero issues with these. I would give these to anyone I know that enjoys music and good sound. 99% of the world would go ga-ga over these. For those of us here, we listen a little differently. so.....
Separation is very good, I can find all the instruments and place them on the stage. In most cases the soundstage is good but the lead vocals are a little forward and in your head. Live recordings, live as a band in studio, and classical recordings the sound stage is awesome! I honestly LOVE these for classical recordings. They handle the natural/analog sound frequency range very well. They reveal just enough without being too analytical. (I could handle a little more reveal. I enjoy being able to here the breathy sounds of the singer) Maybe a slightly warm tone, which I prefer. I did not get much of the instruments coming back through the vocal mics in live recordings, but I would never expect that sort of detail with this type of driver or price point. That's multi driver customs territory.
My only real issue, that I can't explain well is in the base range. there seems to be a hole right at the mid to base transition and at the very bottom of the natural/analog base area. Every so often something sounds off, not flappy, just not controlled. Only on music that contains natural and syn bass is it noticeable. I guess the difficult is with mixing the 2. However, the ultra low synthetic bass is handled much better than expected and is tight and not too over done.
All that said, these are a great everyday iem. They will replace my mh750 for everyday music when I am not working. I will likely by them as gifts for friends that don't know how crappy the ones they are using are.
For $38 you can not go wrong with theses

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #27,305 of 31,833
Ok, I let these moondrop SSP burn in and have spent a little time with them. Here are my impressions.
Build seems good, I could do without the fancy packaging. I have no issues with the cable that comes with them. The preformed ear loop works well for me. I have straight, flat ear canals. This make a lot of the bigger "custom looking" universals uncomfortable. These SSR's however are very comfortable and stay in well. I have using the smallest tip included.
Sound wise, first, if I was not listening critically I would have zero issues with these. I would give these to anyone I know that enjoys music and good sound. 99% of the world would go ga-ga over these. For those of us here, we listen a little differently. so.....
Separation is very good, I can find all the instruments and place them on the stage. In most cases the soundstage is good but the lead vocals are a little forward and in your head. Live recordings, live as a band in studio, and classical recordings the sound stage is awesome! I honestly LOVE these for classical recordings. They handle the natural/analog sound frequency range very well. They reveal just enough without being too analytical. (I could handle a little more reveal. I enjoy being able to here the breathy sounds of the singer) Maybe a slightly warm tone, which I prefer. I did not get much of the instruments coming back through the vocal mics in live recordings, but I would never expect that sort of detail with this type of driver or price point. That's multi driver customs territory.
My only real issue, that I can't explain well is in the base range. there seems to be a hole right at the mid to base transition and at the very bottom of the natural/analog base area. Every so often something sounds off, not flappy, just not controlled. Only on music that contains natural and syn bass is it noticeable. I guess the difficult is with mixing the 2. However, the ultra low synthetic bass is handled much better than expected and is tight and not too over done.
All that said, these are a great everyday iem. They will replace my mh750 for everyday music when I am not working. I will likely by them as gifts for friends that don't know how crappy the ones they are using are.
For $18 you can not go wrong with theses
Wow! From where did you get them for $18?

Mar 11, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #27,306 of 31,833
Yes, I would snag them right now if they are that low in price!!! Where did you get them for that cheap? @Milner

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #27,307 of 31,833
Can anyone rec an iem that'd be something similar to the Blon-03 but more sub bass ? I power these with an Ifi xcan amp and my samsung galaxy s20 plus. Preferably like to keep it in the same price range as the blons , open to all suggestions.

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #27,308 of 31,833
Can anyone rec an iem that'd be something similar to the Blon-03 but more sub bass ? I power these with an Ifi xcan amp and my samsung galaxy s20 plus. Preferably like to keep it in the same price range as the blons , open to all suggestions.

iBasso IT00. It has driver flex though, but that can be mitigated to some extent. IT00 has better technicalities, fit, accessories and isolation than the BLON BL-03.

Mar 12, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #27,309 of 31,833
Which is the best IEM <40$ which is best for EDM (+ female vocals sometimes) with fun, emotions, and stage in sound and not muddy (do not care about technicalities and critical listening) I will do commuting, on the go?

PS
I ordered, TD06, Openheard Resin and Earbuds, KZ DQ6, hope I'm not missing something ?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #27,311 of 31,833
Mar 14, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #27,313 of 31,833
Which is the best IEM <40$ which is best for EDM (+ female vocals sometimes) with fun, emotions, and stage in sound and not muddy (do not care about technicalities and critical listening) I will do commuting, on the go?

PS
I ordered, TD06, Openheard Resin and Earbuds, KZ DQ6, hope I'm not missing something ?
DQ6 should do the job for you judging by the community's impressions. And the stock ordered seems decent enough to start things off. Hope you enjoy them.

Mar 14, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #27,314 of 31,833

PS
You missed the trn ta1, the new trend. :joy: :joy: :sweat_smile:

Mar 14, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #27,315 of 31,833
Howdy friends, how are you?

Simple question: do you recommend any full balanced armature sets under $100 bucks? I already have the blon bl03 and the tin hifi t2 and never had a ba iem. I'm curious on how good/different they may sound. I read that they are good for detail retrieval but the timbre can sound unnatural.

Also, feel free to recommend any other iems that can complement my collection. Unfortunately, I don't own an amp or dac, so they will be powered by my Samsung phone and LG laptop.

That's all, peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back