CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 15, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #27,316 of 31,833
Howdy friends, how are you?

Simple question: do you recommend any full balanced armature sets under $100 bucks? I already have the blon bl03 and the tin hifi t2 and never had a ba iem. I'm curious on how good/different they may sound. I read that they are good for detail retrieval but the timbre can sound unnatural.

Also, feel free to recommend any other iems that can complement my collection. Unfortunately, I don't own an amp or dac, so they will be powered by my Samsung phone and LG laptop.

That's all, peace.
The TRN BA5 is a pretty decent all-BA set, although the treble can be a bit harsh.

Mar 15, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #27,317 of 31,833
Howdy friends, how are you?

Simple question: do you recommend any full balanced armature sets under $100 bucks? I already have the blon bl03 and the tin hifi t2 and never had a ba iem. I'm curious on how good/different they may sound. I read that they are good for detail retrieval but the timbre can sound unnatural.

Also, feel free to recommend any other iems that can complement my collection. Unfortunately, I don't own an amp or dac, so they will be powered by my Samsung phone and LG laptop.

That's all, peace.
Folks also rate KZ BA10 and ASF/X very highly as well. Do check on them as well.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #27,319 of 31,833
Check out Audiosense AQ0/DT100? whichever the BA one
The DT100 isnt really a good BA iem to try as your first BA iem. Because it sounds so atypical from normal BAs that it might give you the wrong impression on them.

Mar 15, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #27,321 of 31,833
Does this also hold true for the AS06?
Havent heard it. The only ones like that is the Audiosense DT100 and the DT200 to a lesser degree.

Mar 16, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #27,323 of 31,833
Kbear just sent me their new KS1 on the house! Will provide an extensive review of it when it arrives.

Mar 16, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #27,324 of 31,833
Kbear just sent me their new KS1 on the house! Will provide an extensive review of it when it arrives.

For the money, it's virtually a no-brainer (unless v shaped isn't your thing or you're a BA lover). For free, it's awesome.

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #27,327 of 31,833
So the NICEHCK lucky bag that's doing the rounds at the moment is the NX7 Pro. At under £40 it's worth having I'd say. I've not really done much listening but the details seem better than on the likes of ZAX. Tuning with stock filters seems just a tad subdued with vocals and a tiny bit hot in the upper mids but maybe the bassier filters will fix this. They're the opposite of what I usually go for in that they have great technicalities but the tuning and timbre arent the very best, so they will play nicely with the rest of my collection.

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #27,328 of 31,833
For the money, it's virtually a no-brainer (unless v shaped isn't your thing or you're a BA lover). For free, it's awesome.

I actually have different opinion on KBear KS1. They're not very technical or smooth, especially when volume is raised. They're indeed V shaped, decent baass quantity, sub-par bass definition, and slightly hollow vocal. They're not even better than VK4, or other CVJ buds in the price range. Definitely not better than the likes of Tin series or KZ ZS7 etc. build quality is very similar to the entrance KZ products. They're okay, do not stand out even in $20 category. Worth to be a beater set, but probably better options out there.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #27,330 of 31,833
Are TFZ T2 galaxy better for EDM than KZ DQ6?
I don't have the TFZ T2 but I'll say that the DQ6 is excellent in general. Probably will need to do some tip rolling though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back